Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Better overall player right now: Jeremy Lin or Raymond Felton?

niko,

Lin was injured...why do you keep on insisting that he "sat out".

I know what you are trying to do...twisting your words to put down Lin.

It's pretty obvious you're a Lin hater. That's fine. I hate Lebron and Harden. But just don't try to spread untruths when spewing your hate.

the one who's bigger, faster, stronger, shoots better and plays decent defense.

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    The one who eats sweet snd sour chicken
    a black guy is more likely to eat sweet and sour chicken than a chinese person.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    a black guy is more likely to eat sweet and sour chicken than a chinese person.
    cut the racist stuff.
    raymond felton is more likely to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    niko,

Lin was injured...why do you keep on insisting that he "sat out".

I know what you are trying to do...twisting your words to put down Lin.

It's pretty obvious you're a Lin hater. That's fine. I hate Lebron and Harden. But just don't try to spread untruths when spewing your hate.
    He was injured with an injury that players normally can play through by that point, he sat out because of free agency. Good for him, shit for the team. Remember, he said he was 85% (which got changed to 85% of the minimum whatever the **** when he got called out for it)

Melo played with a ****ed up shoulder, sometimes you need to suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He was injured with an injury that players normally can play through by that point, he sat out because of free agency. Good for him, shit for the team. Remember, he said he was 85% (which got changed to 85% of the minimum whatever the **** when he got called out for it)

Melo played with a ****ed up shoulder, sometimes you need to suck it up.
    He DID try playing through it. It wasn't getting any better so he had the surgery done. And that was that.

You're acting like he stubbed his toe or something.

He DID try playing through it. It wasn't getting any better so he had the surgery done. And that was that.

You're acting like he stubbed his toe or something.
    Your timetable is false. He had a surgery which had a timetable where he should have been ready a few weeks prior to the playoffs. He then made the 85% comment when asked if he could play, not saying I CANNOT PLAY. That was all later as damage control.

For Lin it was a good decision. For the Knicks it wasn't. I'm sorry, didn't he get hurt and alternate between missing games / being ineffective last year in the playoffs?

Bargs saved us money, he got rid of Novak's long term money and gave us more cap room.
    And the Knicks have nobody but themselves to blame for that. They grossly overpaid Novak. Trading him for another ridiculously overpaid player didn't really fix anything.

I know you'll hate hearing this as a Giants fan, but the Knicks are kind of the Cowboys of the NBA. They overpay injury prone guys and players who aren't even that good to begin with. The whole thing with Lin was a rare case in which they actually made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    And the Knicks have nobody but themselves to blame for that. They grossly overpaid Novak. Trading him for another ridiculously overpaid player didn't really fix anything.

I know you'll hate hearing this as a Giants fan, but the Knicks are kind of the Cowboys of the NBA. They overpay injury prone guys and players who aren't even that good to begin with. The whole thing with Lin was a rare case in which they actually made the right decision.
    So far the Bargnani trade doesn't look horrible. We'd be playing with no bigs and no idendity with Chandler out if he wasn't there, an it saves $5M off the cap in Novak's third years. I don't think these are bad moves.

If you see me in this thread, i'm not arguing the Knicks are great, or make no bad moves. I just think people are full of shit and hating because they are pointing to the Lin move as the Knicks letting someone get away, and he solves literally none of our problems.

I'll forgive you for the Cowboy reference. Not that i disagree but that's just mean. MEAN.

So far the Bargnani trade doesn't look horrible. We'd be playing with no bigs and no idendity with Chandler out if he wasn't there, an it saves $5M off the cap in Novak's third years. I don't think these are bad moves.

If you see me in this thread, i'm not arguing the Knicks are great, or make no bad moves. I just think people are full of shit and hating because they are pointing to the Lin move as the Knicks letting someone get away, and he solves literally none of our problems.

I'll forgive you for the Cowboy reference. Not that i disagree but that's just mean. MEAN.
    There's no question they made the right decision choosing Felton over Lin. Not only is he cheaper, but I think he's a better fit for the Knicks too.

Your timetable is false. He had a surgery which had a timetable where he should have been ready a few weeks prior to the playoffs. He then made the 85% comment when asked if he could play, not saying I CANNOT PLAY. That was all later as damage control.

For Lin it was a good decision. For the Knicks it wasn't. I'm sorry, didn't he get hurt and alternate between missing games / being ineffective last year in the playoffs?
    IIRC, the initial timetable for the surgery was the rest of the season and most likely, 1st round of playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...s-knee-surgery

Last playoffs he got a chest contusion. Said he couldn't even lift his arm over his shoulder, so he sat out...I think a game and a half. He tried to come back but he was obviously hurt and completely ineffective. Just bad luck...he had 7 points in the first game when he got hurt at the end of the half.

Quote Originally Posted by SHABBA
    I genuinely think Felton is a franchise player.
    Quote of the year.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

There's no question they made the right decision choosing Felton over Lin. Not only is he cheaper, but I think he's a better fit for the Knicks too.
    I don't think he is a better fit necessary, but I do think that he is cheaper and there wasn't much difference than him or Lin at the time, tho Lin was slightly better. But what you were paying to keep him wasn't worth it on the court. But it was worth it with marketing since he is popular and all.

have you watche the knicks. felton is obviously the weak link on that team, he cannot guard a chair and he doesnt pass they have to start a pg besides him to get offense going.

IIRC, the initial timetable for the surgery was the rest of the season and most likely, 1st round of playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...s-knee-surgery

Last playoffs he got a chest contusion. Said he couldn't even lift his arm over his shoulder, so he sat out...I think a game and a half. He tried to come back but he was obviously hurt and completely ineffective. Just bad luck...he had 7 points in the first game when he got hurt at the end of the half.
    He was back practicing, said he was 85% and then sat out. To protect his FA. That's what happened. I know it doesn't fit the narrative of Lin who is the all out energizer bunny that you all love but he didn't play because it would risk his payday, because that was more important than trying to beat Miami. Period. Get over it.