Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Nov. 12, 2013 game thread: Kansas vs Duke

Parker is another Melo/Pierce. Great player but not transcendent level.

Wiggins could be the next legendary perimeter player in the mold of Jordan/LBJ.

Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    This. Except i'm not sure Parker is better right now.
    Wiggins can barely do a jab step without traveling right now. He is raw as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Wiggins can barely do a jab step without traveling right now. He is raw as hell.
    Wiggins traveled all over the game. He already has the NBA travel down. He is just not getting called for it.

Wiggins was very unimpressive despite his stat line. Embiid was a monster and Perry Ellis played the game of his life. I can see how Embiid is being projected as a top 6 pick now.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Tough for him to do anything off the dribble while guarded by a PG for a lot of the game.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Wiggins traveled all over the game. He already has the NBA travel down. He is just not getting called for it.

Wiggins was very unimpressive despite his stat line. Embiid was a monster and Perry Ellis played the game of his life. I can see how Embiid is being projected as a top 6 pick now.
    Embid looked pretty bad tonight, dude is still 90% potential at this point. Ellis was dominant.

Outside of the great stretch by Parker in the first half when Wiggins was out with foul trouble, Wiggins was the better player. His presence was very noticeable even when he didn't have the ball in the second half. Parker absolutely disappeared in the second half without the ball. Wiggins actually outscored him 16-8 in the second half when they both played normal minutes.

Parker is def more refined, but if his shot isn't falling, I wonder if he can impact the game like Wiggins does.

Wiggins is known to be a bit passive and even when he is doing well he kinda glides around gracefully, which doesn't help the perception of him, but I'm amazed that he gets wherever he wants still.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    You really are a noob if you couldn't see how Wiggins was impacting the game in the second half. More impact than Parker had without touching the ball.
    Last edited by Dolphin; 11-13-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Tough for him to do anything off the dribble while guarded by a PG for a lot of the game.
    He can just not travel. His best asset rigght now is his post game. Hell of a talent but its time to get in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Outside of the great stretch by Parker in the first half when Wiggins was out with foul trouble, Wiggins was the better player. His presence was very noticeable even when he didn't have the ball in the second half. Parker absolutely disappeared in the second half without the ball. Wiggins actually outscored him 16-8 in the second half when they both played normal minutes.

Parker is def more refined, but if his shot isn't falling, I wonder if he can impact the game like Wiggins does.

Wiggins is known to be a bit passive and even when he is doing well he kinda glides around gracefully, which doesn't help the perception of him, but I'm amazed that he gets wherever he wants still.

You really are a noob if you couldn't see how Wiggins was impacting the game in the second half. More impact than Parker had without touching the ball.
    Did we watch the same game? Duke was doubling off of Wiggins for large stretches.

Did we watch the same game? Duke was doubling off of Wiggins for large stretches.
    Ummm...other than playing off him to stop a drive on the perimeter then recovering, they didn't double off him. lol

Kansas players were literally driving while the Duke player guarding Wiggins just watched because they were afraid of a dump off or alley-oop to Wiggins.
    Last edited by Dolphin; 11-13-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

When he was on the perimeter yes. In the second half when he was primarily in the post they were not helping off him on drives at all.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Wha? I don't see how anyone can think Wiggins played a better game than Parker. Parker was absolutely the better player on the court in basically all aspects other than maybe rebounding. Because Duke has no size, Parker was even stuck guarding Embiid several times and it didn't cost them much.

Now as an NBA prospect, I'm still taking Wiggins but he wasn't the best player on the court tonight.

lol at Dook fans and Parker dickrider comments from the 1st half.

Wha? I don't see how anyone can think Wiggins played a better game than Parker. Parker was absolutely the better player on the court in basically all aspects other than maybe rebounding.

Wiggins scored 5 less points on 3 less shots, and played less minutes. He also took over at the end of the game, I could completely understand how someone would think that.

Now as an NBA prospect, I'm still taking Wiggins but he wasn't the best player on the court tonight.

Nope, Perry Ellis was.
    Last edited by Goliath Uterus; 11-13-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Wha? I don't see how anyone can think Wiggins played a better game than Parker. Parker was absolutely the better player on the court in basically all aspects other than maybe rebounding. Because Duke has no size, Parker was even stuck guarding Embiid several times and it didn't cost them much.

People are just dick riding right now.

Default Re: Wiggins and Jabari are facing off tonight

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Bet your money on Duke this season guys. championship year, AGAIN!

People are just dick riding right now.

people are just making too much of one game. both guys played great despite foul trouble, and in the end, Wiggins adjusted to how the refs were calling the game, and was able to stick around to hit 2 clutch shots to put the game away. still a lot of improving to be done for both guys.