Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Nash injured...again

not looking good. at the time it didnt seem so bad though.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Default Re: Laker News: Nash injured...again

Why would you use the stretch provision when you're not a serious title team? Why stretch out his salary over three years when you can have it off the books next summer.

You only use the stretch when you're trying to eek out every bit of available cap room to sign players for deep playoff runs. Not on a season that's in the first full year of a rebuild

dumb thread

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Laker News: Nash injured...AGAIN

The Lakers don't rebuild. They swing for the fences and they either get there or not. We should have stretched Nash to try to get someone at the trade deadline in february. Remember that rondo, bledsoe, and dragic are guys that may be moved at the deadline. That would have freed up $6million for us this year, and got rid of a downright bum off our team at the same time.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

this is bad. i really really REALLY wanted to see some good laker Nash before it all crumbled away in disastrous faults.

Edit: Oh shit this is few days old

Anyways... don't care if he's cashing checks. this team is a few years and lots of arranged luck away from competing. most importantly...i'd want that money too!
    Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 10-21-2014 at 10:33 AM.

I rule the local playground

he needs to retire.... out all year....

Nash will miss the entire season because of a back injury, the Lakers announced Thursday, putting the two-time NBA MVP point guard's career in doubt. -- AP

While the statement stopped short of saying Nash planned to retire, the two-time league Most Valuable Player said throughout training camp that this would likely be his final season. In two years, he appeared in 65 games. -- OC Register

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    The Lakers don't rebuild. They swing for the fences and they either get there or not. We should have stretched Nash to try to get someone at the trade deadline in february. Remember that rondo, bledsoe, and dragic are guys that may be moved at the deadline. That would have freed up $6million for us this year, and got rid of a downright bum off our team at the same time.
    If the lakers were really swinging for the fences then how come they did NOT offer contracts to Bledsoe and Monroe? I really believe they could have gotten Monroe for 9 mil/yr

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    If the lakers were really swinging for the fences then how come they did NOT offer contracts to Bledsoe and Monroe? I really believe they could have gotten Monroe for 9 mil/yr
    We made inquiries into Bledsoe and Monroe. Remember they were both RESTRICTED free agents this summer. And Carmelo and Lebron rightfully wanted to continue to be "the man" on whatever team they are on so they did not want or need to join the Lakers.

With Nash gone we will look into possibly getting a Rondo or a Bledsoe by the february free agent deadline. Our roster as is is pretty solid. We may be only a piece away from completing our championship jigsaw puzzle.

shhhhhhh

We made inquiries into Bledsoe and Monroe. Remember they were both RESTRICTED free agents this summer. And Carmelo and Lebron rightfully wanted to continue to be "the man" on whatever team they are on so they did not want or need to join the Lakers.

With Nash gone we will look into possibly getting a Rondo or a Bledsoe by the february free agent deadline. Our roster as is is pretty solid. We may be only a piece away from completing our championship jigsaw puzzle.
    Off the meds again?

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Laker News: Steve Nash injured...AGAIN. Won't play 2014-15 season

^^ haha, yeah the Lakers are way more than a piece away.

It's sad that the end of Nash's career had to end like this. It would have been nice to at least see him end it playing off the bench. I guess this is what happens when you try to play until you're 40 in the NBA though. Your body just breaks down after a while. It could be a good thing for the Lakers though. They were actually counting on Nash to give them minutes. They need to be playing other people and looking into younger athletes anyhow.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-carrying-bags

The overwhelming lack of common sense in Lakers management is simply amazing to me. Why would you pay 9 million to a 40 year old point guard that hasn't been healthy for the last 4 seasons. And now, his body cant even hold up carrying luggage. How is there any chance that his body will hold up through the rigors of an NBA season?

This is quite pathetic. We should have used the stretch provision on him this summer. Now we're stuck with this bum.
    maybe u can get ur fact straight before calling out lakers FO

I usually hit open layups

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-carrying-bags

The overwhelming lack of common sense in Lakers management is simply amazing to me. Why would you pay 9 million to a 40 year old point guard that hasn't been healthy for the last 4 seasons. And now, his body cant even hold up carrying luggage. How is there any chance that his body will hold up through the rigors of an NBA season?

This is quite pathetic. We should have used the stretch provision on him this summer. Now we're stuck with this bum.
    I said this here on this board when the Lakers first signed him citing his age and the minutes he was playing in Phoenix before the signing which was less than 20 minutes a game. All everyone did here was to bust my balls because I said it. The always "classy and eloquent" DKLaker went off on me as if I had committed sacrilege upon the Lakers. Well, a lot of you guys wanted Nash and now you've got him. Congratulations!

NBA lottery pick

Honestly it's for the better. If the Lakers finish with any pick higher than 5 it goes to Phoenix doesn't it? I'd much rather finish with the 5th pick this season than the 8th or 9th.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by mr sax
    I said this here on this board when the Lakers first signed him citing his age and the minutes he was playing in Phoenix before the signing which was less than 20 minutes a game. All everyone did here was to bust my balls because I said it. The always "classy and eloquent" DKLaker went off on me as if I had committed sacrilege upon the Lakers. Well, a lot of you guys wanted Nash and now you've got him. Congratulations!
    He goes off on everyone, no worries. The angrier--the better, ye? Oh, DK.

OMG, Nash, you had a great career. But, it's time. lol

Yeah, I was one of those people that wanted him on this team, just because, you know, given who he is and all. I think we all knew that people were going to get injured at some point, but I didn't think it would be this bad for him.

And is there any truth to this? That the PHX Suns medical staff should get the credit for keeping Nash durable or somewhat healthy?

What a career though.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    He goes off on everyone, no worries. The angrier--the better, ye? Oh, DK.

OMG, Nash, you had a great career. But, it's time. lol

Yeah, I was one of those people that wanted him on this team, just because, you know, given who he is and all. I think we all knew that people were going to get injured at some point, but I didn't think it would be this bad for him.

And is there any truth to this? That the PHX Suns medical staff should get the credit for keeping Nash durable or somewhat healthy?

What a career though.
    I was excited about the Nash signing when it first happened too. And then, I had to accept the fact that he was past his prime and his body couldn't hold up through an NBA season anymore. Common sense. Either way, I am glad that the Steve Nash "era" is over in LA. NOw we can find someone that can actually defend at that position.

Best free throw shooter ever. Worst defender ever.