Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Do you take issue with what Nash is doing to the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Why should i be mad at him for getting hurt? Maybe he should be more of a presence as a pseudo coach but that won't do much good. If old stars could improve young players just by talking to them no one would need coaches. It's up to the Lakers to ask him to coach anyhow. If they asked and he refused that would be kinda wrong.
    And that's what it is. If they asked him to comply with a certain role and he flipped them the cold shoulder, I'm sure it would be vocalized. I guess one could argue that he would be of value sitting on the bench or being involved in practices, but that's what they hire coaches for.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Very classless on his part.

He had the chance to save the lakers alot of money by announcing his retirement earlier in the off season.

He talked all summer about how he was ready to come back

And then as soon as the season begins he's just gone..

He knew he couldnt play he just wanted to get paid.

POS move

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

For every "Steve Nash" there are 5 guys like Marcus Lattimore, who tore out both his knees in college, and never got a dime for it. Or Kevin Ware at Louisville, who snapped his leg in half.

The system is imperfect, and there will always be instances of exploitation. In this particular one, the player got over on the owners. Throughout the history of sports, the owners have generally won though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

He had the chance to save the lakers alot of money by announcing his retirement earlier in the off season.

POS move

Shit man, if just wanting to get paid is a POS move, call me and all my coworkers scumbags

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

POS move
    And they acquired him knowing his injury history, age and contract length. He didn't with hold anything from them.

Thank you.. I took a lot of heat when I talked about this subject at my place of work. Folks were like "It is okay for Nash to be away from the Lakers. It would be a distraction to the team if he was there." Or "he has earned that money fair and square."

To me, Nash should be there with the Lakers. He should attend games or have something set up to where he only has to attend "X" amount of games. If he is a leader, he would be there talking to the current point guards. Maybe he is on the DL, who knows. But at least for the sake of news, he should be there talking to the young point guards.

I am disappointed in Nash and for the talking heads out there for not calling Nash out. I mean if this was Kobe doing the stuff Nash is doing, Kobe would have been every dirty name in the book. But Nash gets a pass?

I got absolutely no problem with it.

He didn't get hurt riding a moped, he didn't get hurt going snow boarding and he didn't get hurt riding a motorcycle. The man got hurt playing ball. He got hurt while doing his profession.

"Oh, the Lakers could use his 9mil on a quality FA"

STFU. The Lakers struck out on every free agent known to man. People on FB and twitter giving him shit are acting like he is spending their paychecks. Got an issue with his contract? Take it up with the people who signed him to that deal. He didn't put a gun to anyone's head, he didn't rob a bank and he sure as hell aint taking your money.

Some people have never played a sport long enough to realize that everything hurts after a while. Everything. And these dudes come in and put in work. Real work.

If Nash had simply come in and ride the stationary bike and waiting for the team to simply inactive him, yea I would have a problem with it. But he didn't do that. He tried his hardest to get back on the floor and it just wasn't in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Shit man, if just wanting to get paid is a POS move, call me and all my coworkers scumbags

"The reality is, I'm not going to retire because I want the money,” Nash, who’s owed $9.7 million next season,
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1721011

he could have saved the Lakers a huge amount of money while still getting millions for doing nothing..

But he chose not to officially retire until it was most beneficial to him, lets be real if Nash was black this would be looked as "nikkas getting greedy"

POS move, he did absolutly nothing for the Lakers, he straight up stole his entire contract.. the least he could have done would have been to retire while saving the Lakers money and still getting paid himself...
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 11-10-2014 at 07:55 PM.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

The NBAPA would have had his head if he retired and at least a non medical retirement. It's not his fault there are guaranteed contracts.

What Gilbert Arenas did was much worse

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Why should i be mad at him for getting hurt? Maybe he should be more of a presence as a pseudo coach but that won't do much good. If old stars could improve young players just by talking to them no one would need coaches. It's up to the Lakers to ask him to coach anyhow. If they asked and he refused that would be kinda wrong.
    think about that for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    think about that for a few seconds.

I take issue with the Lakers making that deal. Lost picks, took up salary, and influenced the D'Antoni hire.

I have no issues with Nash's move. A good business decision.

He's got kids to feed. I ain't mad.

I take more issue with the retarded poster "Nash" on here pretending to be something other than a branstan.