Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: Do you take issue with what Nash is doing to the Lakers

If he retired or medically retired, wouldn't he have still gotten paid and that cash wouldn't have counted toward the Lakers cap? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    If he retired or medically retired, wouldn't he have still gotten paid and that cash wouldn't have counted toward the Lakers cap? Anyone know?
    I think you pay the player and half his salary counts to the cap. Or is that wrong?

Lakers love signing old guys. Nash, Rodman, Malone, Kobe...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Why should i be mad at him for getting hurt? Maybe he should be more of a presence as a pseudo coach but that won't do much good. If old stars could improve young players just by talking to them no one would need coaches. It's up to the Lakers to ask him to coach anyhow. If they asked and he refused that would be kinda wrong.
    He should at least appear in games as moral support and act as a coach for Lin etc...I mean you get paid 9 million to do what? *Nothing*. Pay me 1 million, I will be the cheerleader for them every game complete with pong pongs and massage their tired legs when needed.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

He isn't hired to be a coach so no

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    He isn't hired to be a coach so no

At 9 to 10 million dollars he should stand out front waving to people as they enter staples center.

I'm just saying.

I don't. Non-playing Players with bad contracts are nothing new. Hell, few people blamed Grant Hill for straight up stealing money in Orlando. At least with Nash, you just have 1 year and that's it. And compared to Gilbert Arenas, Nash's looks like the best contract in the L.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Would anyone here say no to 9.7 million that is owed to you? If you say yes to **** yourself.

Who gives a shit at this point.

   

are people here too rushed to read the open letter he wrote...?

he says he's worked his butt off the past couple years working through his injury issues. also that his back is so bad some days that he can't even drive his car home. these things likely explain why he feels he's entitled to his money.

this guy will be lucky not to need a cane or even a wheelchair the rest of his life.

it's not like he slacked his way through his career, either. he's probably one of the hardest-working guys i've ever read about in the game.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

One of the reasons I love larry bird is he refused to get paid if he wasnt going to play after his back injury. Thats a true man right there. Nash has been paid millions throughout his career if he is seriously still dependant on the money he is making right now then he doesnt deserve it.

If the Lakers wanted him there, you'd have to think he'd be there.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    He should at least appear in games as moral support and act as a coach for Lin etc...I mean you get paid 9 million to do what? *Nothing*. Pay me 1 million, I will be the cheerleader for them every game complete with pong pongs and massage their tired legs when needed.
    If they asked him to turn coach I agree but if not, lots of injured players disappear from the day-to-day team. Without playing there's nothing he can do to be worth what he's paying them, how much difference does another assistant coach with no experience make?

Don't overlook the fact that the Lakers may not want him to retire so they have the option of trading his 9 million dollar expiring contract. Him retiring has almost no bearing on the teams flexibility at this point with them being handcuffed so horribly with Kobe's contract. The Lakers are in a holding pattern until Kobe is gone and they can't work on getting some good players in town again, player movement for the Lakers doesn't mean much right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Nash is out for the year but is still collecting 9 million from the Lakers, he has decided to not show up to the team facility once this season and has been absent from the games. If I'm the Lakers I'd be disappointed, I would want Nash working with Clarkson and even Lin. Recently he posted a video on his Insta of himself playing some golf and he received a lot of hate for it.

Thoughts? Should Nash still be a part of this team or should he just take a paid year off.
    But you are not the lakers. If the Lakers had wanted that they would've told him and clearly he'd happily do it.