Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Recommend me a new show to watch

Also, Sons of Anarchy is really good most of the time.

You have Netflix? House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black.

Also, The Walking Dead and LOST.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    You have Netflix? House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black.

Also, The Walking Dead and LOST.

I watched Orange is the New Black a few months ago and absolutely loved it.
    Then over the past few weeks I watched House of Cards, and thought that was excellent.

The other stuff I watched on Netflix, Top of the Lake, I thought was so so, and Lillyhammer I just couldn't get into at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

The other stuff I watched on Netflix, Top of the Lake, I thought was so so, and Lillyhammer I just couldn't get into at all.
    Didn't watch those 2. But yeah, both HOC and OITNB are very well done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    OP: Watch Luther.

Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix (6 episodes and 4 episodes, respectively). Season 3 just aired and they are planning a movie.
    I'm up to series 3 myself, it's a pretty good show but you really have to suspend your disbelief at the leaps Luther takes in guessing peoples motives and what their doing. Nearly every episode he shuts other people down with a too specific theory and always turns out to be correct. Some ones stockpiled a bunch of chemicals usually used in making bombs but luther dismisses that without telling any terrorist organisations and somehow guesses that he will use the chemicals to dispose of dead bodies, oh and not just any bodies luther guesses that this type of criminal will target children specifically even though he hasn't done that at all up until this point. I'm enjoying the show but he gets far too specific in his hunches

house of cards was really good, orange is the new black surprised me I expected to hate it based on the cast and the writers but it was actually really good. Another good UK show was the hour, it got cancelled at a cliffhanger though but the 2 series it had were pretty good.
    Last edited by outbreak; 11-14-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'm up to series 3 myself, it's a pretty good show but you really have to suspend your disbelief at the leaps Luther takes in guessing peoples motives and what their doing. Nearly every episode he shuts other people down with a too specific theory and always turns out to be correct. Some ones stockpiled a bunch of chemicals usually used in making bombs but luther dismisses that without telling any terrorist organisations and somehow guesses that he will use the chemicals to dispose of dead bodies, oh and not just any bodies luther guesses that this type of criminal will target children specifically even though he hasn't done that at all up until this point. I'm enjoying the show but he gets far too specific in his hunches
    Believe or not, criminal pathology is more or less a science. The FBI even has a Behavioral Science division:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/training/bsu

Luther is obviously very well versed on behavioral science/criminal pathology. He doesn't deal with people who just do things on whims or randomly. It's not so much 'hunches' but a very detailed understanding of the criminal mind (ie, him being able to peg Alice down as a malignant narcissist).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Believe or not, criminal pathology is more or less a science. The FBI even has a Behavioral Science division:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/training/bsu

Luther is obviously very well versed on behavioral science/criminal pathology. He doesn't deal with people who just do things on whims or randomly. It's not so much 'hunches' but a very detailed understanding of the criminal mind (ie, him being able to peg Alice down as a malignant narcissist).
    I know and get all that, the Alice stuff was really good. Just some times he gets far too specific with far too little information to make it seem like he's realistically profiling them. Still a good show and I'd still recommend it but at times it feels like their pushing a bit too hard to make him seem like he can crack anyone's psyche.

Like if a girl is murdered and her necklace is taken, yeah it's probably as a trophy but it's abit of a too specific leap to assume he took the trophy to give to his wife so he can see her wearing it so let's find a guy with a wife and rule out everything else.

Sherlock is the best show on tv (non comedy) period.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    Sherlock is the best show on tv (non comedy) period.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I was just about to make a thread on "The Blacklist" and I still might. It's one of my favorite shows and although it's not suspenseful like Breaking Bad, it always leaves you wondering and question what is going on, who is loyal and when will the truth be exposed. Plus, one of the episodes was shot in my town and that's pretty cool. Watch the blacklist. So far it's on episode 8 season 1.

Sherlock, Arrow, The Walking Dead...