Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The 2013 Nets = The 2012 Lakers

hope to see the nets in the lottery but does their pick go to Boston, Atl or is it protected.

Getting blown out by Sacramento isn't a good sign.

Banned

Against the 1 win Sacamento Kings

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

The decline of the older guys is just too much. KG is a shell of his late Celtics self, who was a shell of his self. Pierce is fine as a scorer, but his defense is done and his 3 point attempts per game are too high but I'm guessing he does much of those because he doesn't have the energy to run around for better shots inside the arc. Joe Johnson's play is not bad, but it is a disappointment. And worst of all, Deron Williams should be in his prime, but he is playing like crap. No excuses for him.

Brooke Lopez was the core guy that was overlooked and is the only one on the team playing to an expected level (and even then, he is still the same crappy rebounder he always has been.)

I see a few things that are disturbing trends but it's early so it all depends on whether the Nets see them as bad trends too and try to fix them. I'm not sure they do...
    1) Garnett looks totally lost out there. If this is fall off then goodbye Nets. Part of it though is the horrific way they give him minutes. Four minutes in he gets subbed out sometimes. FOUR. In Washington he was rested in OT for three minutes. No way he can get any flow playing hockey shifts.
    2) The rotation is horrid. They brought in their "five all stars" and they instead lean heavily on Blatche, Anderson and Livingston. Livingston as well as he played doesn't have the body or the knees anymore to play heavy minutes. And Blatche with heavy minutes makes too many mistakes. If the starters don't play together, they won't get cohesive.
    3) The Kidd / Frank dynamic looks ridiculous. Frank out there waving his hands calling defenses while Kidd looks afraid to block the people sitting behind him and quickly sits down. Who is the coach? (Note to Net reporters: Tweeting out that "Kidd just drew up a play, he looks so coach like" makes him look worse, not better.
    4) Deron isn't playing like he can. Not much more to say.

Waiting for Jkiddkidd to come in and say "DERON IS FANTASTIC. LOPEZ PLAYS TERRIBLE P&R DEFENSE".

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Did anyone see Jason Terry's major flop vs Vasquez where Vasquez missed him with his elbow by about half a meter than Terry afterwards started acting like a fake thug and wanted to fight someone needs to make a gif out of that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Did anyone see Jason Terry's major flop vs Vasquez where Vasquez missed him with his elbow by about half a meter than Terry afterwards started acting like a fake thug and wanted to fight someone needs to make a gif out of that was hilarious.
    He actually killed the Nets momentum when they made their mini run with the technical. He kept trying to hit Vasquez while Vasquez was just blowing by him. Kind of ridiculous. No one took him aside, it might have made sense to take him out.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He actually killed the Nets momentum when they made their mini run with the technical. He kept trying to hit Vasquez while Vasquez was just blowing by him. Kind of ridiculous. No one took him aside, it might have made sense to take him out.
    The flop itself was one of the worst I have seen and yeah he helped the Kings big time idiotic move. Brooklyn atm just got zero heart and I have no idea why it's there last chance for pretty much all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    The flop itself was one of the worst I have seen and yeah he helped the Kings big time idiotic move. Brooklyn atm just got zero heart and I have no idea why it's there last chance for pretty much all of them.
    Terry is garbage (because he got old), he takes a ton of open shots so he hits a few. If you gave most players the green light to shoot anytime they could they'd be ok. He's not money anymore, he basically hits a normal pct of wide open shots. Why he is in so much and has so much leeway puzzles me.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I see a few things that are disturbing trends but it's early so it all depends on whether the Nets see them as bad trends too and try to fix them. I'm not sure they do...
    1) Garnett looks totally lost out there. If this is fall off then goodbye Nets. Part of it though is the horrific way they give him minutes. Four minutes in he gets subbed out sometimes. FOUR. In Washington he was rested in OT for three minutes. No way he can get any flow playing hockey shifts.
    2) The rotation is horrid. They brought in their "five all stars" and they instead lean heavily on Blatche, Anderson and Livingston. Livingston as well as he played doesn't have the body or the knees anymore to play heavy minutes. And Blatche with heavy minutes makes too many mistakes. If the starters don't play together, they won't get cohesive.
    3) The Kidd / Frank dynamic looks ridiculous. Frank out there waving his hands calling defenses while Kidd looks afraid to block the people sitting behind him and quickly sits down. Who is the coach? (Note to Net reporters: Tweeting out that "Kidd just drew up a play, he looks so coach like" makes him look worse, not better.
    4) Deron isn't playing like he can. Not much more to say.

Waiting for Jkiddkidd to come in and say "DERON IS FANTASTIC. LOPEZ PLAYS TERRIBLE P&R DEFENSE".
    Derons playing like shit, Peirce is playing like shit, Garnett is playing like shit, Blatche is playing like shit, Lopez continues do be a non factor on the boards and in pick and roll/pop. The difference between the other guys struggles and Lopezs are that we know Peirce, KG and Deron will eventually get it together, we don't know shit about Lopez.

The rotation really is awful, I understand wanting to rest Garnett and Peirce, but Garnett needs to play more than 5 minutes with the rest of the starting unit. We also need to see more of Deron and Livingston playing together cause they were the reason we went in that run last night.

Garnett is a winner, he's a smart basketball player, I have no doubt that he's going to figure himself out.

Also, what is with all these missed lay ups and wide open jumpers. It's a complete lack of concentration and effort, it's like the Nets don't want to play until they're down by 20. The Nets are clearly at their best when Deron and Livingston are penetrating off the pick and roll and creating, so why are we running all these post ups for Joe and Peirce?

But ultimately Deron needs to realize that this is his team. IDK if it's Kidd holding him back or if it's his respect for his teammates, but Deron needs to get into the mindset that he is the brain of the team and everyone else on the roster is just a weapon of his choice. The ball needs to be in his hands, not being passed aimlessly with no player movement or penetration while he stands in the corner doing nothing.

I prefer the idea of no panicking till Christmas, so no no one needs to be fired or traded and they are NOT last years Lakers team.
    Last edited by The JKidd Kid; 11-14-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Its too early to panic, but I dont see any improvements by Kidd in rotations and tactics. Its actually regressing, team in pre-season played better than in RS and its getting worse.

Lopez doesnt get enough touches and proper schemes to max his potential.

Deron is suppose to be a superstar but plays pretty bad, maybe needs more time to shake off rust. Like everyone here is tearing Rose apart.

KG gets to play for 2 or 3 minutes and then gets subbed, he cant get into rhythm to save his life.

Pierce and JJ are playing relatively well outside of crappy game here and there. Ironically I thought they'll have the hardest time adjusting to each other from the starting 5, but they clicked the fastest.

Bench gets more minutes than in any other team, but for the most of the games they are terrible - and not because of lack of talent. Its on coach IMO.

Where is It's A VC3? Did he pull a SinJackal and off himself?

You can blame Jason Kidd. I don't understand why you would hire a rookie coach, let a lone a guy that played last season to coach this team full of veterans & big names.

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    You can blame Jason Kidd. I don't understand why you would hire a rookie coach, let a lone a guy that played last season to coach this team full of veterans & big names.
    Maybe blame the idiot GM and owner for this mess then. You cant blame Kidd for taking the job..
    Not hiring an experienced coach was a HUGE mistake..

Also the Lakers actually got it together after the All Star break last season and had a decent record, but they dug too big of a hole for themselves in the first half of the year. Not to mention the chemistry issues then Kobe going down..

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    True, but a few things. Kidd was hired BEFORE the Celtics trade...so I guess they didn't plan ahead. Plus, Lawrence Frank is sitting right next to him. Shouldn't he be able to help Kidd with ins and outs of coaching?

But yeah, hiring a rookie head coach, even if its Jason Kidd, is always a big risk, especially with no assistant coaching experience.