Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

I'll be getting the ps4 this month, I might get the xbox one next year though.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    What's DLNA? :P
    this

Banned

DLNA compliant devices allow for network sharing/streaming of media from one device to another.

ps3 had it, xbox one currently has it. ps4 will eventually get it, confirmed by sony

so lets say you download a movie to your computer, if ps4 and pc are configured correctly (not hard), you can access your media from your ps4 and watch it on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    What does the Xbox One have over the PS4 for all-around entertainment? I'll be getting a PS4 at Christmas but just wondering.
    You can hook it up to your cable box and watch TV in a little sidebar while playing games. That would come in more handy than you would think. Ummm they have the Kinect thing and that's family fun right there in itself. They both have Netflix. I'm not sure if the PS4 can do it, but you can Skype and all that other type of stuff on the XBox One. I have a PS4 as well and it's a fantastic machine. I'm going to get an Xbox also, but I won't utilize everything it can do. I just want it for games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    DLNA compliant devices allow for network sharing/streaming of media from one device to another.

ps3 had it, xbox one currently has it. ps4 will eventually get it, confirmed by sony

so lets say you download a movie to your computer, if ps4 and pc are configured correctly (not hard), you can access your media from your ps4 and watch it on the big screen.
    Oh cool. I didn't know they said it would eventually come to the PS4. I can't wrap my head around why they left it off to begin with.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris

Why not just hook your computer up to your tv?

You can hook it up to your cable box and watch TV in a little sidebar while playing games. That would come in more handy than you would think. Ummm they have the Kinect thing and that's family fun right there in itself. They both have Netflix. I'm not sure if the PS4 can do it, but you can Skype and all that other type of stuff on the XBox One. I have a PS4 as well and it's a fantastic machine. I'm going to get an Xbox also, but I won't utilize everything it can do. I just want it for games as well.
    I don't really care about being able to play games and watch tv at the same time that's kinda overkill.

When I play the game I'm focused on that game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I don't really care about being able to play games and watch tv at the same time that's kinda overkill.

When I play the game I'm focused on that game.
    This. Seems like I'm making the right purchase with the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    kingjames99 Lebron fan to the core

So, how is it?
    Yeah I've had that gamertag since like 06. Anyways, I know there are hundreds of reviews out there, but I'll just give my impressions so far.

Pros:
    -The interface is very smooth. Everything is easy to find and if you're feeling too lazy to search, just use your voice and tell the Kinect what to find.

-I love the snap feature. Basically, I can watch sports, news, etc. from my tv while I'm playing a game. It's fairly simple connecting your tv to the xbox. Just plug in your HDMI cord from your xbox one to your cable reciever. I use cox btw.

-The controller is fairly similar to the 360. I think the size is perfect for everyone. Most of my friends who I've played with loved it. The mic is great too, but it's kinda annoying taking off the controller. Feels like I'm gonna end up ripping off the cord.

-There's a lot of apps to mess around with on this console. Like many people have stated, it's more than a gaming console. I pretty much haven't even touched my computer in like a week. I do everything on there.

-Games/graphics. So far, all the games I've played (2k14, Battlefield, COD, and Forza) have been great. Huge leap from the previous consoles. My friend has a ps4 and I don't see much of a difference. Btw, watching gameplays on YouTube or whatever doesn't do either of the systems justice.

Cons:
    - Game installs take a ridiculous amounts of time. Took me like 45 minutes to download 2k14. Maybe it's my internet connection, but I've seen other gamers also complain. PS4 installation times are way faster. I mean like 99% faster. But it does help you can do other things on the console while it installs the game.

-Glitches. So far I've had no success starting a party with my friends while playing a game. Other glitches include the Kinect not recognizing you when you turn on the console so it takes forever to sign in. Also, the Kinect will sometimes randomly pick up sounds from your tv and think you're giving it a command.

-Music. I don't know about you guys, but I love listening to music while I play. For now, the console won't play music via USB, bluetooth, etc. There is an app for XBOX music you can have up while playing, but not all the music I listen to is on there.

Overall, it's a pretty solid console. Lots of work to be done though like most expected. Very grateful mines hasn't broke down...........yet. So far, I'd give it an 7.5/10.

^^^^^^^
    So who has the Xbox 1? I need some feedback

How are you guys even finding a PS4? Shit's sold out everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shaq2000
    How are you guys even finding a PS4? Shit's sold out everywhere.
    Preordered.

Banned

I cant ****ing wait till Christmas. Really want to play the PS4.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    ^^^^^^^

Thanks for the review.

I think I'm gonna get the PS4 first then get the Xbone later

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

PS4 is amazing. Im about 50 games deep into Myplayer

Thanks for the review.

I think I'm gonna get the PS4 first then get the Xbone later
    Yeah can't really go wrong with either system. One big factor for me choosing the xbox one is that's which console most of my friends are getting