Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Highest Finals series PPG in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    wilt plays with baylor,west and still choke against kaj's bucks
    You better look up your NBA history my friend. West and Baylor did not play a game in that series. And the next year, Baylor was gone, when Chamberlain led his Lakers to a 4-2 series win over KAJ's defending champion Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    You better look up your NBA history my friend. West and Baylor did not play a game in that series. And the next year, Baylor was gone, when Chamberlain led his Lakers to a 4-2 series win over KAJ's defending champion Bucks.
    Wilt outplayed Jabbar that series too - got a standing ovation from the Milwaukee crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    wilt plays with baylor,west and still choke against kaj's bucks
    The big chokes are that Wilt had prime West averaging 37.9 ppg and 31.2 ppg in the '69 and '70 finals and he still lost. Jlauber will now blame poor old Baylor in '69 loss and West himself for the '70 loss

Chamberlain was, by far, the best player on the floor in the '60, '61, '62, '64, '65, '66, '67, and '68 playoff series in which he played. By far. He was also arguably the best player in his '71 (against a peak KAJ, too), and '72 (and definitely in the Finals) post-seasons. Guess he should be awarded at least ten rings, then.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Chamberlain was, by far, the best player on the floor in the '60, '61, '62, '64, '65, '66, '67, and '68 playoff series in which he played. By far. He was also arguably the best player in his '71 (against a peak KAJ, too), and '72 (and definitely in the Finals) post-seasons. Guess he should be awarded at least ten rings, then.
    Even though he went ringless in all of them except one? Yeah Bill Russell would have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    All 3 circle jerking Wilt fans have to have each other's back, because deep down they know it's pathetic someone so talented relative to his era only provided 2 championships.

And it wasn't always strictly because his teammates were weaker than the ridiculously stacked Russell - Cousy Celtics. It's because he was a natural loser within the team sport concept.

A terrible, selfish player, who provided little to no leadership or will to win. Wilt was always side tracked with other things.

Why do people continually make the mistake of mixing team accomplishment/failures with individual performances ?

Rings and being undefeated/losing record in the finals having nothing to do with players in question. Show me the individual performances, guage them that way, and leave the other stuff out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Why do people continually make the mistake of mixing team accomplishment/failures with individual performances ?

Rings and being undefeated/losing record in the finals having nothing to do with players in question. Show me the individual performances, guage them that way, and leave the other stuff out of it.
    Exactly what I've been saying

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Ok. That's fine. But question still remains...Do you ever get tired of your "Wilt sucks" agenda? At what point does it become boring?
    I don't think he'd do it if Jlauber didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Exactly what I've been saying
    Well, I should also mention that guys who do perform at a high level or low level can still win titles, but also vice versa.

Jerry West in many of his finals over performed, but in his lone ring under performed. Obviously, his 72 run doesn't mean much compared to his other one's in terms of an individual player even though he finally won a ring.

In case for LeBron James, he's had to stellar performances in his last 2 finals, but he didn't play up to his level in 07 and 11. Doesn't take away that he was still great for the most part, especially 07.

In terms of Michael Jordan, you can only really say he under performed in 1 of his Finals apparences, while he is more or less brilliant in his other ones. It doesn't take away anything that he didn't make it before pre-91... how many series did he play bad in before that ?

Not much to say about Bill Russell. The lone Finals the Celtics lost, he was injured. Hard to even blame him there. Again, how many Finals did he perform badly ?

That's how I gauge things. Even if the teams are afterthoughts or contenders, what you perform should be what is taken in context. I also don't think it takes away from losing either.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 11-16-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    I don't think he'd do it if Jlauber didn't exist.
    Haters have been existing regardless of Jlauber. Had he and some others not been present, people would still have been using the "6'5 centers" excuses.

Wilt, the man who averaged 50 ppg, never scores 30 ppg in the playoffs. Brilliant.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Wilt, the man who averaged 50 ppg, never scores 30 ppg in the playoffs. Brilliant.

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 11-16-2013 at 05:33 PM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Meh, there's haters for everything on ISH. Wilt, LeBron, Rose, Dwight, Kobe, Jordan, CP3, every single era, every single team, every single coach, every single GM (not named Jerry West).. I see random haters for the most random players. Like 5.9 ppg, bench players get brought up and then one or two posters kill that one guy. Players who wear headbands, players who wear Nike, race, eye vision, left handed players...

Not saying it's right or wrong. Just the way this forum is. Although if one bothers you, then all should probably bother you. The needlessly obsession with putting basketball related things down, not saying you can't dislike a player. Since I'm sure someone interpreted that one sentence that way.

Hell, I HATE Carlos Boozer. With all my passion. Everything about him irks me.