Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Executives Rip 'Selfish' Carmelo Anthony, One Says He 'Can't Be Alpha Male

The problem is Carmelo himself and his fans think he is every bit as good as Lebron James when in reality he is an inefficient volume scorer who would not make the team win the title as the team's best player.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Executives Rip 'Selfish' Carmelo Anthony, One Says He 'Can't Be Alpha Male

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    But I will say Melo is back to his old self this season. He never passes the ball, always goes iso, and takes the worst contested shots, and just keeps shooting.
    So you are saying Knicks basketball is BACK?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Hakim Warrick and Gerry McNamara would like to have a word with you.
    I said good players doe.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Carmelo needs to be surrounded with defense minded players who will pass him the ball and move out of the way, grab rebounds, and compensate for his defense.

At least Melo didn't have to take 2 weeks off after a lockout to get in game shape as Dirk did in 2011. I have never seen anyone get a pass like that in my life.

Could you imagine the sh*t storm Lebron would get for admitting he was not in shape and needing 2 weeks to exercise after his first or second championship? And then not following it up with getting bounced in the first round/missing the playoffs the next year?

If Melo were to win a Championship in the manner Dirk did, had a lockout, and STILL came into the season out of shape, what would the reaction be?

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Carmelo needs to be surrounded with defense minded players who will pass him the ball and move out of the way, grab rebounds, and compensate for his defense.
    This shows no understanding of the game of basketball. That has been tried and it leads to iso from the 3 point line= in efficient chucking. Why is that what you would want from him.

He really needs surrounded by shooters to allow him to play in space closer to the basket.

Carmelo is a terrible defender is a myth being spread by people who can't tell one way or the other with their own eyes and read ish to gain basketball knowledge

melo could win a ring as the 1st scoring option on his team, but he would need to be surrounded by great defenders, a good playmaker, some shooters and a 2nd scorer off the bench. basically, he would need to be put in the perfect position to win.

he's not as good as some of the greats, who could do it all. he can 'only' score at an elite level and also rebound well for his position. he doesn't make his teammates better, he can't pick up the best opposition player and lock him down with his defense. In contrary, he forces things too much and is not a team player.

Let's give him Wade and Bosh. Let's see if he can get far with that team. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe they would lose in the 1st round

Let's give him Westbrook and see how far he goes. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that 2 chuckers will lose by the 2nd round

Let's give him Parker and Ginobli. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that those other 2 could not develop with Melo taking all the shots

Let' give him prime Gasol. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that Melo already had prime Gasol when he had Nene

Let's give Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Duncan... JR Smith as their 2nd option. OH WAIT, ISH WILL HAVE YOU BELIEVE THEY ALL FIND A WAY TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. BECAUSE THEY WILL TURN JR INTO HIGH IQ MAGICALLY

I'm not that big on Melo. But he is on the Knicks. And I will defend him when outsiders do nothing but talk shit about him. He may not be a great teammate, but that is not your concern. Does ISH crave a championship in NYC? Ok than.

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Let's give him Wade and Bosh. Let's see if he can get far with that team. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe they would lose in the 1st round

Let's give him Westbrook and see how far he goes. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that 2 chuckers will lose by the 2nd round

Let's give him Parker and Ginobli. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that those other 2 could not develop with Melo taking all the shots

Let' give him prime Gasol. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that Melo already had prime Gasol when he had Nene

Let's give Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Duncan... JR Smith as their 2nd option. OH WAIT, ISH WILL HAVE YOU BELIEVE THEY ALL FIND A WAY TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. BECAUSE THEY WILL TURN JR INTO HIGH IQ MAGICALLY

I'm not that big on Melo. But he is on the Knicks. And I will defend him when outsiders do nothing but talk shit about him. He may not be a great teammate, but that is not your concern. Does ISH crave a championship in NYC? Ok than.

Melo and K Love got seriously underrated here,

it just happened that melo jump to the wrong ship with shitty captain and leonardo dicaprio in it, where lebron choose the right one

It's ugly ass B.Walton

WTF has anyone watched him this season? I watched all of the Knicks games except for the win against ATL. He hasn't been selfish at all and has rarely been out of place defensively. Oftentimes he's even covering up for botched rotations by other teammates, especially when closing out to 3pt shooters- What is he supposed to do? Become Tyson on the defensive end and protect the rim?

He was in a funk early but his struggles seem to have stopped. The one thing that's bothering me is that he gets hacked badly under basket without getting the calls.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    This shows no understanding of the game of basketball. That has been tried and it leads to iso from the 3 point line= in efficient chucking. Why is that what you would want from him.

He really needs surrounded by shooters to allow him to play in space closer to the basket.

Carmelo is a terrible defender is a myth being spread by people who can't tell one way or the other with their own eyes and read ish to gain basketball knowledge
    Chill out.

Melo is a chucker. It is known.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos

Come on man...... this is pretty much a good explanation of anthony right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0vutzN6oo

All the things they talk about in the youtube movie... are exactly what you see every Knicks game.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Come on man...... this is pretty much a good explanation of anthony right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0vutzN6oo

All the things they talk about in the youtube movie... are exactly what you see every Knicks game.
    lmfao a video of the 2011-2012 Knicks were Melo was injured basically 70% of the season and had to play point forward under Dumbtoni

This was back when LeBron had 0 rings to give you some perspective

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Let's give him Wade and Bosh. He'd do much worse than LBJ has done. I'd like to see how he does with the legendary 15 PPG on 45% Wade and 12 PPG on 45% Bosh in last year's playoffs. Let's see if he can get far with that team. Oh wait, ISH will have you believe they would lose in the 1st round

Let's give him Westbrook and see how far he goes. Not as far as Durant.Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that 2 chuckers will lose by the 2nd round

Let's give him Parker and Ginobli. Yeah because he could come close to what Duncan didOh wait, ISH will have you believe that those other 2 could not develop with Melo taking all the shots

Let' give him prime Gasol. Not as far as Kobe.Oh wait, ISH will have you believe that Melo already had prime Gasol when he had Nene

Carmelo is a great player, future HOFer and all that, but all the players you mentioned are just better players than he ever has been, regardless of teammates.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Drexler is a bad comparison. Drexler was never a selfish chucker like Melo. The only thing that kept him from winning a title in Portland was MJ.
    I guess the 1990 Finals and 1991 WCF when Drexler had good enough help just don't count then.