Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Executives Rip 'Selfish' Carmelo Anthony, One Says He 'Can't Be Alpha Male

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    lmfao a video of the 2011-2012 Knicks were Melo was injured basically 70% of the season and had to play point forward under Dumbtoni

This was back when LeBron had 0 rings to give you some perspective
    hasn't changed much if at all

Default Re: NBA Executives Rip 'Selfish' Carmelo Anthony, One Says He 'Can't Be Alpha Male

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    I said good players doe.
    Hakim Warrick was definitely a good player. He was actually a terrific college player. McNamara was ok, his field goal percentages were horrendous.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Drexler is a bad comparison. Drexler was never a selfish chucker like Melo. The only thing that kept him from winning a title in Portland was MJ.
    This. That's a bogus comparison, Drexler was sick and had a great team... Just not the best team. Going to the finals twice as THE MAN but losing to the Bad Boys and Peak MJ is nothing to sneeze at... Then he went to the finals twice more and won two as the 2nd best player.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    This. That's a bogus comparison, Drexler was sick and had a great team... Just not the best team. Going to the finals twice as THE MAN but losing to the Bad Boys and Peak MJ is nothing to sneeze at... Then he went to the finals twice more and won two as the 2nd best player.
    He actually wasn't on the 94' Rockets. I believe he was traded during the 94-95 season for Otis Thorpe.

Well, the execs aren't entirely wrong. Carmelo is like a street baller at a park who thinks he can do it by himself instead of playing with the flow of the team.
    It's a shame. He's one of my favorite players in the NBA. I just don't see him succeeding if he stays the way he is.
    If he could just manage to be more of a ball handler than an isolation guy, he'd be an MVP candidate every year.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Carmelo is really overrated. His scoring is not impressive. Anyone can average that many PPG if they took so many shots per game.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Well, the execs aren't entirely wrong. Carmelo is like a street baller at a park who thinks he can do it by himself instead of playing with the flow of the team.
    It's a shame. He's one of my favorite players in the NBA. I just don't see him succeeding if he stays the way he is.
    If he could just manage to be more of a ball handler than an isolation guy, he'd be an MVP candidate every year.

For someone who's calling himself Scholar your knowledge of his play seems pretty Elementary

Show me the games this season Melo forced the issue to an unhealthy extent in this season...even that Bobcats game that they lost where he ended up 10-28 a lot of his shots went in-and-out and he got the ball 22 ft out with 5 seconds on the shot clock

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Carmelo is really overrated. His scoring is not impressive. Anyone can average that many PPG if they took so many shots per game.
    well........ you mean anyone in the NBA or close to it (which I disagree with that idea completely. Anthony is amazing in 1on1 situations).

I was playin hoops in a schoolyard with a bunch of guys and a dude named Kevin Loughery showed up. Played for the Bullets back in the day. I doubt severely he was ever an All-Star but he was real solid guard, got 18 or maybe 20ppg each season, & had a long career, like 10 or 12 seasons. What they call Kiki jab-step today, he had a similar move tho not refined like Vandewegh had of course. Kiki is vastly underrated.
    Anyhow, we had some guys playing college ball on that court, and of course there were high school stars and so forth. Nobody could get a shot off on Loughery not even close. Not even a chuck got past him. We might as well have been triple teamed, same effect.
    Well with guys like Earl Monroe or Connie Hawkins you would expect them to do that stuff. Lots of guys would walk off the court and just watch rather than be embarrassed so bad. But Loughery was a solid role playing NBA guy, his legs were long since gone bad, and yet here he was, light years beyond all of us.

NBA rookie of the year

Come to LA and be the beta to Kobe's alpha, the Drexler to Kobe's Hakeem

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Come to LA and be the beta to Kobe's alpha, the Drexler to Kobe's Hakeem
    How much chuck would a chucker chuck if a chucker is chucking with another chucker who chucks like he just dont give a f#ck?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I guess the 1990 Finals and 1991 WCF when Drexler had good enough help just don't count then.

In the 1990 Finals Drexler averaged 26/8/6 shooting 54% against Dumars, the guy Jordan said was the best man defender he faced. That was also the team that kept beating the Bulls in the playoffs.

It isn't Drexler's fault that Isiah nuked Terry Porter.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I'm convinced nobody has watched him play these year aside from Knick fans.

Everybody else basin their opinion on.. I don't even know.

I've been IMPRESSED with Melos D & hustle so far this year and his rebounding. If he mantain all of that, when his offense comes around he should be better than ever.

Worse things were said about Dirk pre 2011. Hell after 07 nobody took him seriously, and now he's a "top 20-30" player all time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    I'm convinced nobody has watched him play these year aside from Knick fans.

Everybody else basin their opinion on.. I don't even know.

I've been IMPRESSED with Melos D & hustle so far this year and his rebounding. If he mantain all of that, when his offense comes around he should be better than ever.

Worse things were said about Dirk pre 2011. Hell after 07 nobody took him seriously, and now he's a "top 20-30" player all time.

They are probably basing their opinions on the 779 games he played before this season.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    He actually wasn't on the 94' Rockets. I believe he was traded during the 94-95 season for Otis Thorpe.
    My bad. Point still stands though.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

First exec is JR smith.