Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Red face Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets (3-5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (6-3), 10:30 PM ET on NBATV

Default Re: Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets (3-5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (6-3), 10:30 PM ET on NBATV

Deron is out.

Default Re: Game Thread: Brooklyn Nets (3-5) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (6-3), 10:30 PM ET on NBATV

Clippers will demolish the Nets tonight.
    Nets are going to be exhausted and Deron, Lopez and KG all tweaked their ankles last night (KG is playing). No AK either.

With Lopez out, I'll revise my score.

110-81 Clippers.
    Last edited by ChuckOakley; 11-16-2013 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Deron is out.
    Normally I wouldn't miss him, but considering he has Paul's number, I will.

Basketball played the way it should be. I've never been more excited for a sporting event in my life.

For an old fart like myself... it just doesn't get any better than this.

Just like the last game they played when CP3 had 29/3/11 on 50% and Deron had 18/2/9 on .375

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Lopez and Deron are out. Will be an interesting game.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Just like the last game they played when CP3 had 29/3/11 on 50% and Deron had 18/2/9 on .375
    I'm not talking 1 game moron.

For their careers, Deron's team leads 14-5 with much better percentages (50/38 vs. 44/29)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=paulch01

Lopez normally craps on the Clippers too, so with him out, this will be a blow out.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    I'm not talking 1 game moron.

For their careers, Deron's team leads 14-5 with much better percentages (50/38 vs. 44/29)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=paulch01

Lopez normally craps on the Clippers too, so with him out, this will be a blow out.
    skewed by the results from when Deron was playing under sloan, can't infer anything from those statistics moving forward. Deron ain't playing the type of discciplined and cerebral PG that sloan instructed him to do anymore

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    skewed by the results from when Deron was playing under sloan, can't infer anything from those statistics moving forward. Deron ain't playing the type of discciplined and cerebral PG that sloan instructed him to do anymore
    With inferior Nets teams, he's still 2-1.
    This ownage goes back to college, so there is something mental there.
    Last edited by ChuckOakley; 11-16-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    With inferior Nets teams, he's still 2-1.
    This ownage goes back to college, so there is something mental there.
    and he shot .303 in those 3 games, 10/33 in fgs

Nets won those 2 in spite of Deron, he was outplayed by Paul in all 3 matchups

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    and he shot .303 in those 3 games, 10/33 in fgs

Nets won those 2 in spite of Deron, he was outplayed by Paul in all 3 matchups
    Not the point.
    Deron has beaten Paul 14/19 times.
    His teams have won which is kind of more important.

Those Nets teams were far inferior as well.

Bets on how long Rivers and KG hug for?

Besides FG%, Deron isn't really killing CP3 head-to-head at all individually though. Carmelo kills KD head-to-head too, doesn't mean anything. Deron has been outplayed by Mario Chalmers and Greivis Vasquez this year (among others), he wouldn't be dominating shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Besides FG%, Deron isn't really killing CP3 head-to-head at all individually though. Carmelo kills KD head-to-head too, doesn't mean anything. Deron has been outplayed by Mario Chalmers and Greivis Vasquez this year (among others), he wouldn't be dominating shit.
    Ummm..last I checked winning games is was mattered. Other than his far inferior Net teams, their teams have been rather even talent wise and 14-5 isn't close. It's happened since college as well. I hate Deron but its the one matchup he excels at.