Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Sacramento interested in Shumpert

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I hope Bulls could trade Deng to Kings if they want a decent SF.

I'd like to get marcus thornton back in a deal. If Kings got rid of thornton, they can open up minutes for McClemore which is a good thing.
    If the Kings manage to trade Thronton for Deng that at this point would be the biggest steal since Kwame for Pau.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Vasquez + Salmons + Pick Swap Option (Top 5 Protected, If No Swap, Three Future 2nd Rounders) for Shumpert + Felton
    Trust me, Shumpert isn't worth that. Dude's overrated defensively imo. That knee injury also lowered his stock, he hasn't been the same player since.

Banned

Don't get the point of this at all, for starters, JR Smith is horse shit and should be traded.

Only thing I would want would be Mclemore, who the Kings won't give up. No one else really, plus Vasquez is expiring.

Kyle Korver for Jason Thompson.
    Hawks get another big and clear out minutes for John Jenkins and Jared Cunningham.
    The Kings get a supershooter, and a solid ballhandler and passer, at the forward position.

kings fan

Shumpert was a stud during Linsanity, but now his knee is bust.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    If the Kings manage to trade Thronton for Deng that at this point would be the biggest steal since Kwame for Pau.
    Next summer, Luol Deng will get a big offer from the Kings. They need a small forward, and he is a very good player, and the Kings have cap space - 4 years, 52 million.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Next summer, Luol Deng will get a big offer from the Kings. They need a small forward, and he is a very good player, and the Kings have cap space - 4 years, 52 million.
    Assuming we don't get Wiggins or Parker

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Kyle Korver for Jason Thompson.
    Hawks get another big and clear out minutes for John Jenkins and Jared Cunningham.
    The Kings get a supershooter, and a solid ballhandler and passer, at the forward position.
    Why would the Hawks do this if they already have Paul Millsap and Al Horford? Jason Thompson doesn't exactly have tremendous upside, and Korver is one hell of a shooter. Korver also provides floor spacing for Teague and their bigs. Thompson to me just seems like an extremely mediocre PF getting paid more than his worth.

The thing is, if we don't end up resigning Deng at the end of season, we will get nothing for him.

So to get a scoring threat like Thornton added to the team would be great. Plus we can slide Jimmy over to the 3 which IMO is his best position.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy
    Why would the Hawks do this if they already have Paul Millsap and Al Horford? Jason Thompson doesn't exactly have tremendous upside, and Korver is one hell of a shooter. Korver also provides floor spacing for Teague and their bigs. Thompson to me just seems like an extremely mediocre PF getting paid more than his worth.
    1. Jenkins is on his rookie contract and younger. Korver is 32 and signed a 4 years, 32 million deal. We have to play Jenkins to see how good he will be, versus playing a veteran who is on the decline of his career. Easier to trade Korver now rather than in 2 years.

Korver got that contract when the Hawks were trying to get Howard and keep Josh Smith. Made sense with that lineup. Now that we are developing our younger players, it doesn't make sense.

2. Thompson would be a backup for Millsap and Horford, or sometimes they play together when we go with a big lineup.

That only depends on how much you pay Deng. If the team is paying Deng around 7-8 million, then I would agree with you. But if you pay Deng 15 million for another 3-4 years? There's no way the a rebuilding team that needs talent should pay a number 3 or 4 option that much money.

That only depends on how much you pay Deng. If the team is paying Deng around 7-8 million, then I would agree with you. But if you pay Deng 15 million for another 3-4 years? There's no way the a rebuilding team that needs talent should pay a number 3 or 4 option that much money.
    Talking about this year Thornton is a 2 year 8-9 mil per season deal with a pathetic attitude while Deng is coming off the books this year and is above average at his positon.

Talking about this year Thornton is a 2 year 8-9 mil per season deal with a pathetic attitude while Deng is coming off the books this year and is above average at his positon.
    But what is Sacramento's goal? Just get Deng for a year and let him go? I doubt that Deng would want to commit to a long term rebuilding project as he ages. Deng is 28 and is in his prime trying to win a championship. It's much more likely that he will sign with a contender unless Sacramento overpays him. Either way, it doesn't seem like there would be much to gain from trading for Deng.

I guess you could rent Deng for a year and let him go, but I don't know, I don't exactly see that working out since Sacramento still wouldn't be finding a long term solution at the 3.

But what is Sacramento's goal? Just get Deng for a year and let him go? I doubt that Deng would want to commit to a long term rebuilding project as he ages. Deng is 28 and is in his prime trying to win a championship. It's much more likely that he will sign with a contender unless Sacramento overpays him. Either way, it doesn't seem like there would be much to gain from trading for Deng.

I guess you could rent Deng for a year and let him go, but I don't know, I don't exactly see that working out since Sacramento still wouldn't be finding a long term solution at the 3.
    Clear cap space and draft a 3 man or sign someone cheaper 2 years from now when all the dead weight comes off the books. In the mean time we actually get a player who will make the team more watchable and not get us out of the lottery and help Mclemore develop by taking all the pressure off him. So it's a lot to gain cap space and helping develop the future even if it is for 1 year. It's all about moving the negitive/overpaid/under performing players out for the future.

Clear cap space and draft a 3 man or sign someone cheaper 2 years from now when all the dead weight comes off the books. In the mean time we actually get a player who will make the team more watchable and not get us out of the lottery and help Mclemore develop by taking all the pressure off him. So it's a lot to gain cap space and helping develop the future even if it is for 1 year. It's all about moving the negitive/overpaid/under performing players out for the future.
    The Kings need to get back into the playoffs next year.
    It's been a long time not being in the playoffs.

They are probably going to have to overpay Deng to get him. They tried getting Iggy and that didn't work, and he ended up going to a contender.

It's going to be hard to get free agents, so they are going to have to overpay to get guys.

Regardless, they will have cap space next year anyway and they will have to hit the minimum cap, so better to overpay a good player rather than paying a bunch of mediocre players a fairer rate. Way system works.