Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: 11/16/13 GT: Cavs @ Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    One of the ugliest wins I've ever seen, I'm embarrassed for Mike Brown - he doesn't deserve this win. The players do, great effort by them somehow they managed to score points through his nightmare offense.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Missed the whole game. Will watch via DVR after work. The board has to wait with baited breath for my reaction until then.

Stay tuned. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Thanks, I'm gonna print this out and glue it to my dart board.

Wall with 12 ast and only 1 turnover, however he wasn't aggressive in the 2nd half and he can't shoot to save his life

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Missed the whole game. Will watch via DVR after work. The board has to wait with baited breath for my reaction until then.

Stay tuned. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
    Don't hold your breath. Kyrie finally revealed he's way more interested in being a ball hogging AI impersonator rather than a PG who wants to get his teammates involved

Thanks, I'm gonna print this out and glue it to my dart board.
    Don't let the players off the hook. They've looked horrendous on both ends of the floor in the past few games. Mike Brown isn't out there missing wide open jumpers the way Kyrie has in the last two weeks.

I'm not saying he isn't a part of the current (very early) problems, but I refuse to accept that the players have no culpability. I didn't see tonight's game, like I said... But they've started this season with an aura of entitlement, especially Kyrie.

He isn't good enough to just get by without putting in the work. That's what I see so far this year. He's good.... not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Don't hold your breath. Kyrie finally revealed he's way more interested in being a ball hogging AI impersonator rather than a PG who wants to get his teammates involved
    He was shooting the exact same amount of shots this year as he was last year, as well as dropping more assists and the same number of turnovers coming into this game.

This one game where his starting backcourt teammate was out, the rest of the team was shooting pretty horribly and Kyrie made half his 28 shots in an OT win is the game that reveals this for you?

Don't let the players off the hook. They've looked horrendous on both ends of the floor in the past few games. Mike Brown isn't out there missing wide open jumpers the way Kyrie has in the last two weeks.

I'm not saying he isn't a part of the current (very early) problems, but I refuse to accept that the players have no culpability. I didn't see tonight's game, like I said... But they've started this season with an aura of entitlement, especially Kyrie.

He isn't good enough to just get by without putting in the work. That's what I see so far this year. He's good.... not that good.
    I'm sorry but I think that dribbling the ball 40 feet out while 4 teammates stand around with no sense of direction and expecting them all to somehow figure out an attack plan on their own to score points is not their fault, it is Browns. He gives them literally no directions on the offensive end. I'm witnessing the Lebron era all over again in Cleveland, except this time no Lebron-level-talent to bail us out of the ugly directionless offense and give us an inflated regular season.

Mike Brown offense = worse than my rec league team.

I did not make this up. Mike Brown post game interview:

''I didn't know what I was doing. We just made it up on the fly. *laughs*''

When you call a full timeout at the end of a tie game and you sit there and draw up a play for that full timeout, then when it comes time to run the play and you're sitting there thinking "Where is the play developing?" and all Irving is doing is pounding the ball and he drives to his right only to lose the ball with 1 second left you have to wonder what the f*ck Mike Brown was thinking drawing up the play?

''I didn't know what I was doing. We just made it up on the fly.''
    I'm laughing so hard right now. Our future with him as coach looks so bleek. "We just made it up on the fly."? LMAO WUT!?

''I didn't know what I was doing. We just made it up on the fly. *laughs*''

I'm sorry but I think that dribbling the ball 40 feet out while 4 teammates stand around with no sense of direction and expecting them all to somehow figure out an attack plan on their own to score points is not their fault, it is Browns. He gives them literally no directions on the offensive end. I'm witnessing the Lebron era all over again in Cleveland, except this time no Lebron-level-talent to bail us out of the ugly directionless offense and give us an inflated regular season.

Mike Brown offense = worse than my rec league team.
    That wasn't the offense he ran in LA, though. That team ran a lot of its offense through the low post, which is why Bynum had a career year. They had a pretty damn good season, too, in retrospect... Making the WCF (if memory serves), while Mike D'Antoni looked markedly worse with a similar team.

Also, what you're describing is exactly what Kyrie has been accused of doing in previous seasons. It's just that now there are expectations, whereas the first two years, we expected to start out the season 4-7 or whatever.

I haven't seen tonight's game, so I'll reserve judgement on the coaching at the end of that one, but it sounds to me like the usual "it's all Mike Brown" stuff that we've heard year-after-year. Meanwhile, this is the first time in his career he's started a season this bad.

I'm guessing the players have something to do with that. There is no denying that guys are missing shots they've made in previous years. I fail to see how that's a coaching issue.

I'm not saying that part of the problem isn't Mike Brown's system. I'm saying the players shouldn't be absolved of all responsibility just because the coach is an easy target.

And, btw... That "Mike Brown offense" for LeBron looked pretty similar to what was going on in Miami during his first year. It took James making a concerted effort to change his attack after failing, not just in Cleveland, but in Miami, for that offense to actually start working relatively smoothly.

My biggest criticism of the offense I've seen so far is that they need to play faster... Try to take advantage of the young talent by running by teams before defenses get set.

Again, not giving Brown a pass... just not giving the players a pass, either.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 11-17-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

damn kyrie. soo sick!