Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: How good can Anthony Davis be at his peak?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Hes already more athletic, more nimble.
    Except no?

KG was taller and longer and a better leaper. KG was a world class freak type athlete, in his prime. He was considered a new type of PF because other bigs could not handle his combination of size, length and agility.

Very good NBA starter

Who knows? He was a point guard before his growth spurt after all.

I see a slightly better version of KG at this point. Hes already more athletic, more nimble, and he has great awareness on both ends of the court.
    More athletic. Wtf are you talking about. I agree he has the potential to be Bette then KG, but you seem to be thinking of Boston KG. KG use dunk from everywhere and guard SG. Just like how people who think Ray Allen was just a jumpshooter. He was jumping and dunking in traffic. None of the Big 3 was in their athletic prime in Boston. Garnett was quick and had way better dribble and seemed to be the better passer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJiJeOHzLm0

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Except no?

KG was taller and longer and a better leaper. KG was a world class freak type athlete, in his prime. He was considered a new type of PF because other bigs could not handle his combination of size, length and agility.
    Agreed idk Wtf he is talking about. KG was dribbling like a SG and passing like a PG. I see some similarities through, but KG was just more of a athletic freak.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Agreed idk Wtf he is talking about. KG was dribbling like a SG and passing like a PG. I see some similarities through, but KG was just more of a athletic freak.
    I think people are too used to Celtics KG and I fear his legacy will suffer because of that. We already got people thinking he was a worse athlete than Davis.
    Last edited by moe94; 11-17-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Very good NBA starter

I think people are too used to Celtics KG and I fear his legacy will suffer because of that. We're already got people thinking he was a worse athlete than Davis.
    The samething happened to Ray Allen. They think all he does was shoot. Ray Allen led his team to the ecf and played great. He was dunking in traffic and avgerging 25 ppg. They have lost it.

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Barkley or KG type level.

Except no?

Nah, he wasn't a better leaper. Longer? Doubt it. Davis has the tied largest wingspan in the league along with Javale McGee.

Yeah, at the time, KG was a new class type of PF. Anthony Davis is cut from the same cloth. Hes simply, a shorter, but more athletic version of KG. And he probably does have a longer wingspan than KG too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    More athletic. Wtf are you talking about. I agree he has the potential to be Bette then KG, but you seem to be thinking of Boston KG. KG use dunk from everywhere and guard SG. Just like how people who think Ray Allen was just a jumpshooter. He was jumping and dunking in traffic. None of the Big 3 was in their athletic prime in Boston. Garnett was quick and had way better dribble and seemed to be the better passer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJiJeOHzLm0
    lawl so many of his best plays are just lucky fluke circus layups in traffic and a few boring regular season buzzer beaters. Definition of overrated=KG. I think Davis is more athletic and is longer. I remember a few years Lakers matched up against Timberwolves in the playoffs, Kevin Garnett didn't do shit. He's like a more aggressive Lamar Odom who plays better D.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

24/13/4/2/4 on 54/30/84

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    lawl so many of his best plays are just lucky fluke circus layups in traffic and a few boring regular season buzzer beaters. Definition of overrated=KG. I think Davis is more athletic and is longer. I remember a few years Lakers matched up against Timberwolves in the playoffs, Kevin Garnett didn't do shit. He's like a more aggressive Lamar Odom who plays better D.
    You are a moron.

Garnett was a tragedy in terms of his career. He was absolutely wasted by being on a pure garbage team throughout his ENTIRE prime. By the time he went to the Celtics, he was already regressed from his MVP form. He was only truly elite that first year in Boston.

He didn't do shit? Is that why he averaged 24/14/4.5 against the Lakers in the playoffs? Is that nothing? Really?

Kevin Garnett, in 2004, was among, if not, the best PF this league has ever seen.

National High School Star

Who knows? He was a point guard before his growth spurt after all.

I see a slightly better version of KG at this point. Hes already more athletic, more nimble, and he has great awareness on both ends of the court.
    I think people forget how absolutely beastly athletic KG was. In KG's prime he was significantly better at every aspect of basketball than AD is sniffing right now. An absolute knock down shooter, a beast protector as a man and help defender, great court awareness and vision, with ridiculous levels of athleticism. The season he won MVP he led the NBA in efficiency, total points, total rebounds for the season.