Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: The All "He's Got The Potential (year after year)" Team

Quote Originally Posted by redboy
    See, that's what I don't get. Why do GMs feel the need to overpay good but not great players? In the end, Lillard and Aldridge are still going to be the cornerstones of the team and if they want to make any noise in the west, they're going to have to add more talent. They shouldn't be trying to get rid of their financial flexibility; the team needs to find a way to add the pieces needed in the next 2-3 years while Aldridge is still in his prime.
    You're overstating it. Batum's on a completely fair deal. He's just getting paid what he's actually worth now. It's like George Hill. The amount of Pacers fans that want to dump him and his solid market rate contract is annoying. Guys get paid after their rookie deal.

There's PLENTY of GMs that would line up to take either of those guys in a salary dump. But once they start getting paid what they're actually worth their value becomes 1:1 instead of like 3:1, probably higher.

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    You're overstating it. Batum's on a completely fair deal. He's just getting paid what he's actually worth now. It's like George Hill. The amount of Pacers fans that want to dump him and his solid market rate contract is annoying. Guys get paid after their rookie deal.

There's PLENTY of GMs that would line up to take either of those guys in a salary dump. But once they start getting paid what they're actually worth their value becomes 1:1 instead of like 3:1, probably higher.
    George Hill is definitely the weakest link in Indiana's starting 5 and he's being paid 8 million. I would hardly call his value 1:1 since his production doesn't seem like it would be that hard to replace. However, Indiana is a small team and I doubt free agents are exactly lining up to go play there so I do see your point.

I guess I overstated Batum's contract though. 11 million for a 2 sided player is not bad at all.

still waiting for Tyrus Thomas to do something

Banned

I remember a few years ago Roddy Beaubois was untradeable and Mavs fans were calling him the future of the franchise after Dirk left.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Dwight has to be on there, for so many years we just assumed he would have developed some kind of post moves but he never did

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Kantar
    Et Tu, Andre?:

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Dwight Howard is a first ballot hall of famer, FOH
    why would he be first ballot?if he ll be one then HOF is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Avery Bradley and Iman Shumpert as well.
    They're both under 25, I thought this was about players who haven't/won't reach their potential and hype, this two are mentioned yet they are both the best perimeter defenders in the league? and both are under 25?

Roy Hibbert.

I don't really follow the Pacers, but I keep one eye on the guy and he'll put up a statline like 25pts, 13rebounds, 6 blocks on 10-13 shooting. And I'll go check out his averages and see him at 11pts, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks shooting 48% or something like that.

I thought after last year's playoffs he was gonna be a star borderline superstar putting up monster numbers. He had a great game the other day with a near triple double...something like 24pts on 8-10 shooting, 12 rebounds, 8 blocks....come to find out that he's still just averaging the same amount of points and rebounds.

What is wrong with this guy? Is he just the most inconsistent player ever? Or is he just not THAT good?