Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default any other team in the league where JR Smith not only has a starting spot but can

also demands and guarantees a roster spot for his brother?

or is this a Knicks exclusive phenonmenon?

7 points on 18 shots

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: any other team in the league where JR Smith not only has a starting spot but can

JR smith - half basketball player half VP of basketball operations.

Banned

Default Re: any other team in the league where JR Smith not only has a starting spot but can

knicks fans lucky ****ed up when in playoffs

probably ended up paying him 40-50 mil

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

There are a lot of good Knicks fans, ones that don't do that we're NYC why wouldn't you wanna play here?! stuff. I honestly feel bad for them. Not complaining being a small market fan, but seriously, talk about a ****up owner.

Maybe that's a problem for some of the big market owners? They pay a fortune for the team as a status symbol. So they've gotta exert their influence, which is pretty much never good advice.

I dunno, maybe (probably) I'm overstating it, I just know nobody's trying to buy the Pacers, or the Bucks, or the Kings, or the Magic, whoever, to swing their dick around the room.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    JR smith - half basketball player half VP of basketball operations.
    for some reason this made me laugh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    There are a lot of good Knicks fans, ones that don't do that we're NYC why wouldn't you wanna play here?! stuff. I honestly feel bad for them. Not complaining being a small market fan, but seriously, talk about a ****up owner.

Maybe that's a problem for some of the big market owners? They pay a fortune for the team as a status symbol. So they've gotta exert their influence, which is pretty much never good advice.

I dunno, maybe (probably) I'm overstating it, I just know nobody's trying to buy the Pacers, or the Bucks, or the Kings, or the Magic, whoever, to swing their dick around the room.
    Totally, it's a foregone conclusion the Knicks won't ever be a 'great' team with Dolan as the owner. He is a businessman, not even in the slightest interested in basketball as anything that isn't a means of making money. His ego destroys any chance they have of successfully building a winning culture. He meddles in the basketball decisions i.e. throwing in extra picks and players to the Melo trade, isn't qualified to do so, and gets ride of people he doesn't like. Additionally, if he likes the coach (Isiah) he will keep him on even if the team is worse off because of it.

Only thing I could praise him for is his willingness to pay over the cap. Would hate to be a Bulls fan knowing their owner is way to cheap to go over the cap for the betterment of the team. Say what you want, but take a look over the last 10 years of Knick history and you'll realise he has been the biggest hinderance to the success of this franchise.

What do you do as a Knicks fan? Plenty on here (Idunk, ChuckOakley) have bounced between the Knicks and Nets as they get better/worse but I'm the kind of person who would follow my local team forever even if they were mediocre (something the Knicks were from 03-10), they have been decent/good since.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Totally, it's a foregone conclusion the Knicks won't ever be a 'great' team with Dolan as the owner. He is a businessman, not even in the slightest interested in basketball as anything that isn't a means of making money. His ego destroys any chance they have of successfully building a winning culture. He meddles in the basketball decisions i.e. throwing in extra picks and players to the Melo trade, isn't qualified to do so, and gets ride of people he doesn't like. Additionally, if he likes the coach (Isiah) he will keep him on even if the team is worse off because of it.

Only thing I could praise him for is his willingness to pay over the cap. Would hate to be a Bulls fan knowing their owner is way to cheap to go over the cap for the betterment of the team. Say what you want, but take a look over the last 10 years of Knick history and you'll realise he has been the biggest hinderance to the success of this franchise.

What do you do as a Knicks fan? Plenty on here (Idunk, ChuckOakley) have bounced between the Knicks and Nets as they get better/worse but I'm the kind of person who would follow my local team forever even if they were mediocre (something the Knicks were from 03-10), they have been decent/good since.
    Dolan's problem isnt't that he's a business man but he's emotional, reactionary, and makes decisions to gratify his ego as oppose to per any basketball or even business sense. He certainly isnt a penny pinching owner but he's the type of person who will commit to a contrarian opinion just to spite the majority who disagrees.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

it's hilarious

everyone except the knicks management knew that giving jr smith a long term deal was an awful idea. he's the kind of player that can only play well if he's got something to play for. he gets complacent, lazy, and plays like shit when he doesn't have anything to prove as evidenced by this season.

he's getting 32 minutes per game and shooting 23% from the field

so, who did win the melo trade? neither?

we still got the right to swap picks for a couple of years (14 and 16)

jr smith even gets to call j-lin's contract ridiculous then gets his brother a deal.
    #brandonjennings #dumbfukk #sucksdolanscokk

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    jr smith even gets to call j-lin's contract ridiculous then gets his brother a deal.
    That's actually a valid point.

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

i've been following the knicks for over a decade because seinfeld ended. where else am i gonna get my laughs?

Banned

biggest cancer in the east. jennings looks like a model professional next to jr drugs.

Local High School Star

JR shot 3-18 yesterday

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

New York Jokes