Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 2014 Draft - who turns out the best?

ever since I first saw Parker play, I was convinced he was the best and most skilled player in his class. Nothing I've seenn since then has changed my mind even a little

National High School Star

I watched all three during the championship classic or wtv it was called:

1. Wiggins

2. Randle

3. Parker

is how it is going to play out.

Everyone can clearly see that Parker can dominate at the collegiate level. However, he doesn't seem to have that next level ability in terms of Kobe/Lebron/Durant level of year in year out superstar. He is much closer to a Melo at best level superstar. His peak is that he could be an All-Star but has pretty slim chances of ever competing for a MVP.

Randle can be a beast. He definitely has that Z-bo feel for the game. He may be a turnover machine to start, but he has an instinctive way of playing. He is a much less above the rim player than I thought from seeing his high school clips vs. what has happened in college. I think he has a chance to be a perennial all star.

Wiggins, even from the one game I watched him, shows those spurts of pure dominance. It is something that we may not notice always on the screen. He does lack quite a bit of skills though. I'm still not sold on him being a MJ/Kobe/Lebron level player, but need to see a bit more of him. He wasn't really trying to attack the game I watched and still ended up with beast stats and impact. Once he gets comfortable at the college level he is gonna be tearing people up. Same with the NBA. I feel like he has the tools, enough skills, and the right mix of attitude and innate ability to be that next generation superstar.

I will say this though, both Kobe and Lebron possessed significantly more athleticism and body control at this age than Wiggins. Lebron had a mix of body control, speed and hops never seen before. Kobe had handles + body control + less hops > straight line speed + 2 foot insane vert
    Last edited by sundizz; 11-17-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Wiggins can't even dribble the ball. These Jordan, LeBron comparisons are ridiculous. The only thing he does at an elite level is jumping high right now.
    I guess that's why they've been putting smaller guys, and point guards on him.

Hes great off the dribble, making quick moves, and getting to the basket. There is a reason they are putting smaller defenders on him. To limit his strengths.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    I will say this though, both Kobe possessed significantly more athleticism and body control at this age than Wiggins. t
    No.

Just no.

**** no.

Dante Exum from downunder baby!!

With homerism aside, I think Jabari has the most talented skillset and most complete player out of this class.
    Last edited by poido123; 11-17-2013 at 10:08 AM.

I want Randle to work on using his right hand. And get in the post. Outside of that I love him the most out of Parker and Wiggins. I think Parker has less bust than Wiggins and Randle. Reminds me of a Paul Pierce.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

College doesn't always translate

Durant 25.8 / 11.1 / 1.3 on 47/40/80

Beasley 26.2 / 12.4 / 1.2 on 53/38/77

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    College doesn't always translate

Durant 25.8 / 11.1 / 1.3 on 47/40/80

Beasley 26.2 / 12.4 / 1.2 on 53/38/77
    Beasley's problem is certainly not talent.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Wiggins and not close.

Will be an interesting bump in the future....

I like Parker but Wiggins is clearly going to be a bonafide top tier MVP caliber superstar. The tier that LeBron/Durant are in right now

Parker the tier that Westbrook, Harden, Melo are in...

Randle is going to be a serviceable NBA player.
    What?!?! Randle is probably the biggest mismatch for opposing forwards we've seen in the past 10 years. Serviceable . The man will be the best player to come out of this draft class and if he continues playing the way he is, he will probably be the #1 pick too. IMO Parker is the 5th best prospect in this draft class, after Randle, Wiggins, Exum and Embiid

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    From what I watched, Randle impressed me the most.

Wiggins' game will probably translate the best. Hes so good when given space to work, and in transition. Parker is a nice player, but I don't see the hype for him as much as the others. Too much of a me attitude, unlike the other two.
    Even when Wiggins wasn't touching the ball, he was impacting the game, opening up the lane for his teammates, just by being a threat on the block down low. Truly a special player.

I think Randle and Wiggins will be a tier above Parker, with Wiggins being the best of the lot. But again, its all speculation at this point, and no one truly knows. I can't see any of them failing, that's for sure.
    Parker has a me attitude? You know he's the one who plays for duke university.

Banned

Need to see more Dante Axum.