Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: D-Rose dropped 20 points

and i dont think bulls fans are bad at all compared to the miami, kobe and westbrook stans

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    Dwyane Wade
    Dwight Howard
    Dirk Nowitzki

All had better seasons. Explain how the **** he cracks that. I won't even use Kobe Bryant.

You've said nothing.
    I say he was better than Anthony and you can say it's a toss up between him and Bryant, although I can see why Rose would be viewed better.

But I agree, he's wasn't really Top 5 clearly that year, but I didn't have a problem with him winning MVP either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    It's funny, back when Rose actually won the MVP, most people agreed or at least weren't outraged about it. Now after a couple of years a lot of other superstars' stans are discrediting Rose, acting like it was some travesty, so they can add the award to their favorite players hypothetical resumes. Pathetic.
    What are you talking about ?

I've seen threads when Rose won MVP that people had an issue with it at that time too. It certainly didn't look like a minority answer.

5-time NBA All-Star

No counter.

LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    Dwyane Wade
    Dwight Howard
    Dirk Nowitzki

All had better seasons. Explain how the **** he cracks that. I won't even use Kobe Bryant.
    Alll things happen in context. Better stats do not mean a better player.

Lebron was the best player at the time. However, the media made it obvious that he wasn't going to get rewarded for what was viewed as "easy street."
    All Lebron had to do was win and that wasn't accomplished the way it should have been. The elite beat them frequently and they managed to not have the best record despite having a monopoly of talent in their prime in the East.

Wade was the second best player on his team and by nature has less responsibilities, less impact, and there was a leadership battle there which cost them a significant amount of games.

Rose value that year was largely in part due to his leadership and consistency for a newly formed team. Lebron and Wade had trouble meshing and it affected them being better than anybody else. All of the players you named had real problems with adjusting to personell (add Kobe and CP3 to the list for their performances the following year). Their leadership suffered big time when things changed, and they changed a whole lot less than what Rose battled with and they had waaay more talent to help out their problems.

No way do any of the guys you mentioned handle losing their second and third best players to injuries that long and make a run for first place, much less the best record in the league. And Rose had waaaay more responsibility than any of them. Mello and Dwight do not really subscribe to the leadership equation and don't inspire teammates. Their teams always have always lacked determination to win games in the end - their whole careers. They are not Bulls that go headstrong for the win. Better isn't just stats. The Bulls flipped more games in the fourth quarter because they had this trait. A healthy Tyson Chandler, right now, is of equal value to Mello on the Knicks because his leadership, attitude and ability to inspire the troops does more for the team. And Mello is a very solid finisher. Dwight Howard isn't a solid finisher and his lack of seriousness is a problem and was back then.

Durant was younger at the time and still like Mello and Dwight. Westbrook is the Bull on that team now. Durant suffered big time without the Bull recently. And you will hear a few OKC people say its Westbrook's team.

Stats are for when you don't see the game but it isn't a substitute.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Stats are for when you don't see the game but it isn't a substitute.
    If you really think Rose meant as much to the Bulls like Howard meant to those Magic, you're simply deluded.

I don't think Durant/Melo had as strong MVP cases as Rose, because that would be asinine from any measure, but I certainly think they were superior players that year.

Good college starter

Rose was 8th in PER and 10th in WS in 11-12. I personally wouldn't put him in the top 5 that season though he's close.

5-time NBA All-Star

If you really think Rose meant as much to the Bulls like Howard meant to those Magic, you're simply deluded.
    Against better teams Rose meant more, and you are deluded if you think otherwise. Late in the season, Rose meant more and late in games Rose meant more. Dwight went crazy in January and against bad teams and was humiliated by better teams which cost him any shot at MVP. Ater Lebron said he was going to humiliate the team and did it, the owner got rid of the team. Then in a critical game in March, he played the Bulls and Rose scored more points in the paint than him and he got suspended the next game too for too many techs. One team dominated the elite and the other didn't even show up most of the time. Want to guess which was which. You already know.

I also argued that he wasn't fully integrated into his team as in the playoffs his best games had no affect on the team. His worse games was beneficial:
    Hiss team played best, their only blow out win against Atlanta, when he scored 8 points and has 8 rebounds. They lost convincingly when he practically had a 50/20 game.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 11-17-2013 at 05:55 PM.