Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: D-Rose dropped 20 points

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I never said that. Learn to read. I did say he was not a top 5 player that year, in terms of individual prowess. He clearly was not. He was awarded the MVP off his team's efforts. Big ****ing deal.

Explain your case on him being top 5. I'd gladly listen.

I had no idea being awarded the MVP off the hardwork of a defensive minded squad was considered a great and prideful thing.

That tells me you don't believe he was top 5 in MVP consideration. Don't try to bullshit me

From that list you made, statistically he was better than Kobe. Lining up guys like Carmelo or Howard to Rose statistically would be inaccurate and irrelevant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

That tells me you don't believe he was top 5 in MVP consideration. Don't try to bullshit me

From that list you made, statistically he was better than Kobe. Lining up guys like Carmelo or Howard to Rose statistically would be inaccurate and irrelevant.
    It doesn't matter what anything tells you if I flat out denied it, moron. I'm not backtracking, your reading comprehension is just suspect.

Why would it be irrelevant to compare Howard and Melo to him? Because of their positions? How convenient. Oh wait, LeBron and Durant are also not his position but you cannot use them in your dumbass argument because you'd come across like a moron.

Okay then, let's see his case against Kobe Bryant, statistically:

Kobe Bryant averaged slightly more PPG on slightly better efficiency. Rose averaged more assists, as a ball dominant PG and had a shit tier a/t ratio.

Kobe was better. I'm not sure what you are even thinking here.

It doesn't matter what anything tells you if I flat out denied it, moron. I'm not backtracking, your reading comprehension is just suspect.

Why would it be irrelevant to compare Howard and Melo to him? Because of their positions? How convenient. Oh wait, LeBron and Durant are also not his position but you cannot use them in your dumbass argument because you'd come across like a moron.

Kobe Bryant averaged slightly more PPG on slightly better efficiency. Rose averaged more assists, as a ball dominant PG and had a shit tier a/t ratio.

Nice post.

Your objectivity and sound logic is pleasant on the eyes.

More of guys like you and less of guys like poido make this place a better environment for our fellow basketball loving brothers.

Rose stats:

.445 Fg .860 FT% 25.0 PTS 4.1 REBS 7.7 ASST 1.0 STL .60 BLKS

Kobe stats:

.451 Fg .828 FT% 27.1 PTS 5.1 REBS 4.7 ASST 1.2 STL .10 BLKS

Rose is noticeably better in FT%, Assists, and Blocks per game. Rose is superior to kobe statistically, you're wrong again

I like how you make note of slightly better efficiency which is barely note worthy One more bucket a game is hardly noteworthy either The assists are pretty noticeable, Rose has 3 more a game...

I say comparing those players is irrelevant and inaccurate because players at different positions tend to have different statistical advantages and it's really someones opinion as to what stat is more important?

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Nice post.

Your objectivity and sound logic is pleasant on the eyes.

More of guys like you and less of guys like poido make this place a better environment for our fellow basketball loving brothers.

Your seal of approval holds so much weight around here fcking clown

Your agenda is quite obvious. You are overly insecure about Westbrook being inferior to Rose as a player, so you have non-stop hated everything Bulls related. Can't deny it

Banned

Rose stats:

Kobe stats:

Rose is noticeably better in FT%, Assists, and Blocks per game. Rose is superior to kobe statistically, you're wrong again
    Are you literally retardeD?

I am dead serious. Are you?

How can you suggest a guy who averages less points on worse efficiency is better statistically because his free throw percentage is higher and his blocks are higher even though neither averages over 1. Are you even alive? Are you a person? Literally no one thought Rose was a better player than Kobe in 2011. None. Was Nash also better than Kobe in 05? Another serious question.

The irony of you clinging onto his assists, even though he's a PG and Kobe is a SG, while simultaneously saying it's not logical or rational to compare the stats of two players from different positions is truly outstanding. You are a tool of the highest order. You destroyed yourself in your own damn post.

Like stats? Guess what? Rose's assist came in horrible a/t ratio. Check it yourself. His assists are like Brandon Jenning's points. They're useless.
    Last edited by moe94; 11-17-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Are you literally retardeD?

I am dead serious. Are you?

How can you suggest a guy who averages less points on worse efficiency is better statistically because his free throw percentage is higher and his blocks are higher even though neither averages over 1. Are you even alive? Are you a person? Literally no one thought Rose was a better player than Kobe in 2011. None. Was Nash also better than Kobe in 05? Another serious question.

That bolded part was hilarious Literally no one? Shit, Rose got MVP, yet literally no one thought Rose was better than Kobe that year? You're killing me

You ignored the huge assists disparity and continue to prop up the almost identical points and FG% stats

I have a question, are you a Kobe fan?

Your seal of approval holds so much weight around here fcking clown

Your agenda is quite obvious. You are overly insecure about Westbrook being inferior to Rose as a player, so you have non-stop hated everything Bulls related. Can't deny it
    I praise Thibs and the Bulls hard work constantly....

Westbrook has nothing to do with my D-Rose criticism.... if that was the case I would shit on EVERY PG remotely close like Steph Curry, CP3, Brandon Jennings... etc but I don't.

I've talked about how Kyrie and Rondo are overrated as well. I just call it how it is.

Derrick Rose is such an interesting character.. how can I keep him out of my mouth?

Banned

You ignored the huge assists disparity and continue to prop up the almost identical points and FG% stats
    I had no idea this was about the MVP and not the best player. I had no idea the two were synonymous. I had no idea there was a set parameter they used in which it was obvious who would win the award by the end of the year.

I love how you ignored literally every single question and attack I laid out.

You did however cling onto one statement, took it completely out of context and then based an entire post around it. There is a term for that. What is called again?

The answer to your irrelevant and condescending question is "no".

it just shows how misinformed people are when they say rose didnt deserve the mvp or wasnt even a top 3 player that season
    you know in actual reality he won the mvp right? and everyone that was in the league cosigned it especially the coaches.

28.5 points and 7 assists against the top 8 teams in the league, with a winning record 14-7, winning 12 of their last 12 against these elite teams (thats 12 straight). and before you say thats only credit to the team, the bulls without rose in 2012-13 had a losing record of 7-13 against elite teams and only a 45 win season vs's 2011 best record in the league.

and for your information, rose performed better against lebron against the top 8 teams in the league in 2011, plus lebron had a losing record. you can give a player the mvp when he has a losing record against competition?
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 11-17-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    it just shows how misinformed people are when they say rose didnt deserve the mvp or wasnt even a top 3 player that season
    you know in actual reality he won the mvp right? and everyone that was in the league cosigned it especially the coaches.
    Why do people evaluate and compare individual players off the abilities and accomplishments of their teammates?

It's like the rings argument. Why are individual athletes judged on these team parameters? There is no logic here.

Player A = better stats, worse team
    Player B = worse stats, better team

Player B > Player A because Player B's team won more!

I had no idea this was about the MVP and not the best player. I had no idea the two were synonymous. I had no idea there was a set parameter they used in which it was obvious who would win the award by the end of the year.

I love how you ignored literally every single question and attack I laid out.

You did however cling onto one statement, took it completely out of context and then based an entire post around it. There is a term for that. What is called again?

The answer to your irrelevant and condescending question is "no".
    I'm curious, what team do you follow? Or are you gonna say that you are a fan of the game

You originally made the bold statement that 5 players were better statistically than Rose, you were also saying he didn't deserve top 5 MVP consideration either. Then when I point out that you were wrong on both counts and that you said literally NO ONE thought Rose was better than Kobe that year, you continue to be an idiot

I addressed every question you had, only that you are now left with no case or nothing to argue, so who looks stupid now

Rose stats:

Kobe stats:

I like how you make note of slightly better efficiency which is barely note worthy One more bucket a game is hardly noteworthy either The assists are pretty noticeable, Rose has 3 more a game...

I say comparing those players is irrelevant and inaccurate because players at different positions tend to have different statistical advantages and it's really someones opinion as to what stat is more important?
    Also, Rose led his team to 62 wins.

Anyone that watched the Bulls every game like we did saw how Rose carried the team and stepped up big time in the clutch for us.

Banned

If I use emoticons, my nonexistent argument is stronger
    "How can you suggest a guy who averages less points on worse efficiency is better statistically because his free throw percentage is higher and his blocks are higher even though neither averages over 1"

No Answer.

"The irony of you clinging onto his assists, even though he's a PG and Kobe is a SG, while simultaneously saying it's not logical or rational to compare the stats of two players from different positions is truly outstanding."

No counter.

LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    Dwyane Wade
    Dwight Howard
    Dirk Nowitzki

All had better seasons. Explain how the **** he cracks that. I won't even use Kobe Bryant.

You've said nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Also, Rose led his team to 62 wins.

Anyone that watched the Bulls every game like we did saw how Rose carried the team and stepped up big time in the clutch for us.

62 wins was the league best that year also.

Whether people like the MVP award system or not, Rose had a very good case for MVP and deservedly won. I don't care whether you like him or not, but based on the facts of the award, he measured up.