Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Who will be the next superstar FA to sign with LAL?

It'll be one of LeBron, Melo or Love.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    The last time the Lakers signed a superstar in free agency was Shaq 17 years ago (Unless you count 40 year olds Payton & Malone ten years ago). What makes you so sure another one is coming so soon?
    What the **** kind of reasoning is this? Do you expect them to sign a superstar every few years? The reason it takes so long is because they usually have a great team that contends with enough quality pieces around them that they don't need another superstar. How about you look at it from a normal perspective (a more logical one). They got Pau Gasol , they pretty much got CP3 for Gasol and Odom and then they got Dwight Howard. These past few years ALONE tells you that Lakers get things done. Clown.

I don't think there's any truer statement (okay, not that true, but you get the jist) than that.

Better yet, how long till they lose their shit over these said stars ?

Learning to shoot layups Zoobieshoes's Avatar

I could see Westbrook, Love, or Melo in a Lakers uniform in the next few years

Banned

No one lakers fans need to suffer many years of bad seasons like most teams in the league

LeBron next year.

Lakers will get a good top 10-15 pick(the next Kobe lol) this year unless they trade it away. Then Nash retires, doesn't resign gasol, resigns kobe and one superstar. Then in 2015 signs 2 superstars. These 3 superstars have already talked about joining together, just watch!

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    What the **** kind of reasoning is this? Do you expect them to sign a superstar every few years? The reason it takes so long is because they usually have a great team that contends with enough quality pieces around them that they don't need another superstar. How about you look at it from a normal perspective (a more logical one). They got Pau Gasol , they pretty much got CP3 for Gasol and Odom and then they got Dwight Howard. These past few years ALONE tells you that Lakers get things done. Clown.
    Well, I mean, their FO usually likes to trade for their big talent in history. I never said they won't or can't sign a big free agent. It's just not their usual tactic. As proven by the fact that they haven't signed a big free agent in so long.

However they are set up pretty nicely financially, and of course the Laker history/locale, etc. makes for an enticing offer. We'll see how they decide to go about things. It wouldn't surprise me to see K Love or Westbrook maybe sign there.

But the thread was labeled "Who will be the NEXT superstar FA to sign with the Lakers", so I simply pointed out that it's been a while since the LAST superstar FA signed there so don't count your chickens before they hatch. No reason to degrade someones view and call them a clown because they have a different perspective than you. I'm sure you're a better poster than that.

Well, I mean, their FO usually likes to trade for their big talent in history. I never said they won't or can't sign a big free agent. It's just not their usual tactic. As proven by the fact that they haven't signed a big free agent in so long.

However they are set up pretty nicely financially, and of course the Laker history/locale, etc. makes for an enticing offer. We'll see how they decide to go about things. It wouldn't surprise me to see K Love or Westbrook maybe sign there.

But the thread was labeled "Who will be the NEXT superstar FA to sign with the Lakers", so I simply pointed out that it's been a while since the LAST superstar FA signed there so don't count your chickens before they hatch. No reason to degrade someones view and call them a clown because they have a different perspective than you. I'm sure you're a better poster than that.
    You're absolutely right, my apologies

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

The last time the Lakers signed a superstar in free agency was Shaq 17 years ago (Unless you count 40 year olds Payton & Malone ten years ago). What makes you so sure another one is coming so soon?

Good point. Assholes on ISH have been whining about the Lakers getting all the players and Laker fans acting entitled because of it. Reality is, Lakers have never been a draw for free agent stars, mainly because the Lakers never have the cap space to match the big money offers they all get. And, they all go for the most money, every time, no matter how shitty the team that offers it. Only recently have players gone to teams offering less, to join other stars and win championships.The Lakers are most likely getting a lottery pick this summer and will have massive cap space at the end of the season, so there's a good possibilty that we will draw interest from some big name free agents.

lakers fan are lost from reality. no one wants to sign with them

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

I don't think there's any truer statement (okay, not that true, but you get the jist) than that.

Better yet, how long till they lose their shit over these said stars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    lakers fan are lost from reality. no one wants to sign with them
    if 16 banners cant convince you, perhaps this will:

dantoni is a problem tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    if 16 banners cant convince you, perhaps this will:
    [/IMG]

dantoni is a problem tho

He's just mad we use his team to provide us with great players. I hope they draft a great center soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    He's just mad we use his team to provide us with great players. I hope they draft a great center soon.
    How'd that out for you this time bud?