Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: GT: Detroit Pistons (3-5) @ Los Angeles Lakers (4-7) 6:30 pm PST

Michael Jordan Farmar just crossed up The Game

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    It's a good thing for the Lakers too once Kobe comes back, Young will be accustomed to scoring loads of points off the bench. Wesley will fit that Trevor Ariza mold starting at the 3.
    Great point

The ISH'ers Champion!

GOATmar taking a page off Kobe's book. Raping left and right tonite....

relax and enjoy the championship cruise guys!

The silver lining with these current Lakers has been the emergence of Jordan Hill and Steve Blake.

All I know is, when Kobe the God comes back, the starting lineup should be:

Blake
    Kobe
    Henry
    Gasol
    Hill

With instant offence Nick Young, Jodie Meeks, Farmar, and Kaman coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    relax and enjoy the championship cruise guys!
    Im tired of crashing but I'm always up for another flight.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    The silver lining with these current Lakers has been the emergence of Jordan Hill and Steve Blake.

Blake
    Kobe
    Henry
    Gasol
    Hill

With instant offence Nick Young, Jodie Meeks, Farmar, and Kaman coming off the bench.
    You forgot Wesley Johnson brah

Blake
    Kobe
    Henry
    Gasol
    Hill

Henry on the bench for Wes Johnson and its great.

there is def potential once kobe comes back, given nash stays injured and dumbtoni wont f it up

Quote Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
    They're hopeful that Kobe will come back and be able to help lead them into the Playoffs while relying on free agency to maybe bring someone in with a ton of space. I kind of like it, I know it's not smart but I truly hate the idea of tanking. The idea of losing on purpose really just sinks a bad feeling into me so I love the idea of an underdog team playing with heart. There's a ton of other teams probably trying to tank anyways so why not try?
    Nobody likes to watch their team tank and I am not having a go at the fans for cheering their team on in this situation. It's just that the Lakers could really set themselves up really well over the next few years with a franchise talent in next year's draft to go along with heaps of capspace to sign good players...

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    You forgot Wesley Johnson brah
    Still not sold on him...Yea, he's done a few nice things, but he's still garbage IMO.

Still not sold on him...Yea, he's done a few nice things, but he's still garbage IMO.
    You basically described Xavier Henry though...

NBA rookie of the year

Same could be said about Xavier Henry.

I say give them both chances. The best thing that can happen is if one of them develops into a Trevor Ariza mold for them: play solid defense, knock down wide 3s and make game changing athletic dunks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Nobody on this team is exceptional when you look at the makeup of the team and the dumb*ss coach...Run n gun hoop sucks.

This is a transition season and the best possible thing that could happen for the Lakers is a Lottery pick.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Nobody likes to watch their team tank and I am not having a go at the fans for cheering their team on in this situation. It's just that the Lakers could really set themselves up really well over the next few years with a franchise talent in next year's draft to go along with heaps of capspace to sign good players...
    Nah man, I get you and like I said, it's not a smart move for them not to tank. Yet I love that they play with this heart and try. This team is world's better than last years due to chemistry which when you look at the core talent level is pretty crazy to think about. Kobe wouldn't allow them to tank anyways which one can look at as either a positive or a negative but it's the truth. Only a small window left for a ring for guys like Nash and Pau too, so why not go all out one last year at this point?