Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Off duty NYPD beaten nearly to death video (NSFW)

Obviously something serious happened, not talking about the beating, but something had to happen for witnesses not to help.

I'm thinking the cop did something real bad here.

People just don't beat people to a bloody pulp.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    We don't know what happened. So before we judge, we should see what the reason for the beating.
    no, there is no excuse for that...PERHAPS if the cop killed that man's mother prior to that, then it could be excused...but anything outside of that is inexcusable

it was most likely just beef at a club/alcohol...both probably drunk...camera man was probably drunk too...alcohol fuels a lot of beatings like this

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

We don't know what happened. So before we judge, we should see what the reason for the beating.

They apparently had an altercation at a restaurant/club earlier in the night. The fight was supposedly over a bump. Just goes to show you how easy shit can escalate over bullshit.
    Last edited by Sarcastic; 11-18-2013 at 05:44 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Obviously something serious happened, not talking about the beating, but something had to happen for witnesses not to help.

I'm thinking the cop did something real bad here.

People just don't beat people to a bloody pulp.
    Yes, they do. You might've been lucky enough to not encounter any yet, but there are certainly unhinged and violent people who will blow up over basically nothing. Over simple verbal arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    They apparently had an altercation at a restaurant/club earlier in the night. The fight was supposedly over a bumb. Just goes to show you how easy shit can escalate over bullshit.
    a bumb?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3MVP
    a bumb?
    think he meant "bump"

like they bumped into each other...and there you have the "beef"

really though it's just caused by alcohol and a lack of sex

Banned

I know that I am going to get a lot of backlash but let's be real here, cops have been beating up innocent people for no reason and this is pretty much fact.

To say, that the beating was justified, if the suspect's mother was killed by the police, well....a lot of innocent people died because of police brutality. It can be argued that this beating was for all the innocent people that were hurt because of police brutality.

It can be argued that this beating was for all the innocent people that were hurt because of police brutality.
    4/10

Okay trolling attempt, but not great.

Banned

Also, as a cop, you should practice good judgement. Why the cop even getting in an altercation at a club of all places, is mind boggling.

You are a cop and you have civil duty to uphold the "badge". They feel protected behind the badge and their gun, that they think they are above the law and superior to the general public.

A cop has to be better than this. Oh wait, they are not.

I know that I am going to get a lot of backlash but let's be real here, cops have been beating up innocent people for no reason and this is pretty much fact.

To say, that the beating was justified, if the suspect's mother was killed by the police, well....a lot of innocent people died because of police brutality. It can be argued that this beating was for all the innocent people that were hurt because of police brutality.
    can't you just troll another thread with a less serious topic?...fck, we need an even brighter hue of red rep for your shit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    can't you just troll another thread with a less serious topic?...fck, we need an even brighter hue of red rep for your shit
    I knew this would happen. I get called for a troll because I am reserving judgement on this case till all the facts come out.

Like I mentioned before, we don't know what happened. We know the victim is a police officer. The victim is in a career field that has caused violence over innocent people all over the world.

I knew this would happen. I get called for a troll because I am reserving judgement on this case till all the facts come out.

Like I mentioned before, we don't know what happened. We know the victim is a police officer. The victim is in a career field that has caused violence over innocent people all over the world.
    Saying the beating might've been justified because of "police brutality" (when the cop was off-duty, and the attacker wasn't even aware that he was a cop) is hardly reserving judgement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Real JW
    Saying the beating might've been justified because of "police brutality" (when the cop was off-duty, and the attacker wasn't even aware that he was a cop) is hardly reserving judgement.
    Like I said, people trying to get sympathy votes by mentioning he's a cop?

Even the thread title and how this story is being pushed is "Off duty cop gets beat".

If it was sympathy as human beings, there would be no need to mention he's a cop. They are mentioning it to get sympathy votes.

I can play that game too. "Victim was beaten because he exercised police power while off duty" and then he happen to get his butt kicked.

NYC is notorious for corrupted police officers, if these were your traditional street gangster, nobody would care. Even though I do consider police officers as gangsters too.

Not too long ago, an "off duty" police officer caused a riot by bashing the windows of a Range Rover that caused a man to get beat in front of his family.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    wish they would arrest the cameraman too

They should. That's not normal human behavior.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

The punishment for this should be as severe as if the officer died. Death should not be what decides the punishment, but the action itself should.