Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Batman/Superman - Bale gives Affleck a "Piss" of Advice

^^^ It's not hate for Affleck for Bruce Wayne though. I think most people would agree he can nail Bruce Wayne... but Batman? I don't know. Bale was an intimidating as Batman. Can Affleck be intimidating? It will be a helluva performance if he can because I wouldn't be intimidated physically by Ben Affleck.

The gravely smoker voice was the worst part of the trilogy.

It took me out of the great dialogue and action sometimes. The Batman voice became a joke in the last two movies.

If Bale woulda kept it like Batman Begins, he would have been a great Batman. He rocked the Bruce Wayne psyche but Nolan and Co. made Batman sound laughable in a few scenes.

Keaton kept it mysterious and ominous. A silent gangster. Maybe Affleck can take it back to that direction versus...

" *Argh* He Mustta Had Friendsssssss *Grr* "

I love Nolan and Bale's work though overall. I own all the blu rays and have watched them numerous times over the years. Not every little note was on beat though.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
    http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/...man/229957.htm

[COLOR="Blue"]Christian Bale gives Ben Affleck a "piss" of advice[/COLOR]
    I can understand why Bale maybe testy and sounds like he's also not be a fan of Affleck and the new direction of Batman.

Warner Bros did a sneaky advertising campaign for Man of Steel last summer where they heavily promoted Chris Nolan's name throughout their MOS ads:

"...from Zack Snyder, and from producer Chris Nolan, the Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy... comes Man of Steel."

Lots of the general audience took this as a sign maybe MOS and Nolan's Batman were connected when Nolan had basically very little or no involvement with the screenplay and script at all.

Think that's where a lot of the backlash comes from.

No Chris Nolan, MOS ends up $100 million less in total WW box office.

I have a hard time understanding the hate for Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman.

Consider his life story so far.

He is the closest thing to a real-life Batman that there is. People think of him as some shallow millionaire playboy, and yet have you seen his films? Nothing more gritty, real, or deep is being made today.

And unlike Batman, Affleck's dark caped crusader exploits in the field of art are available for anyone to see. Yet most of us still think of him as a cardboard cut-out of a good-looking guy.

Christian Bale did well in the role, but it was Nolan that made those films great, not Bale.

Christian Bale's stellar version of the Caped Crusader, who is just about everyone's favourite Batman there's ever been.

Is this mother****er ?

Bale's Batman was laughable. He looked like a BMX racer in a dog mask. That corny Bat voice made me embarrassed to be a fan of Batman.