Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The day Shaun Livingston faced amputation...... twice.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    when i was originally writing this in the nets forum, i was also going to point out that the athletic trainer was apparently chinese-american.

i'm a fan of different cultures and immigrants doing well in this country, so i guess those might have been my points.

hate to ask this, but... could you hear him screaming from your seat? if so, how bad was it?

I don't remember hearing any screaming but everyone was in shock. I just assumed that was the last I'd ever see of Livingston in a bball uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Get out of town!
    Just looked it up and attendance was over 18,000 for that game. Just think, all those people got to see Matt Carroll go for 19 and 9!

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I don't remember hearing any screaming but everyone was in shock. I just assumed that was the last I'd ever see of Livingston in a bball uniform.

I've seen a handfull of gruesome injuries, although none that bad. But I had a similar experience when Randy Foy got his eye knocked out in the Big East Tournament in MSG many years ago. It wasn't like it was something you could see, and MSG doesn't have a TV board for the type of closeup replay you may expect (at least they didn't up to last year). But you could tell by how he went down from what looked pretty minor that it was bad, and then the medics came out and took forever. By then people had gotten on their phones and had started hearing what had happened, and the place got freakishly hushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've seen a handfull of gruesome injuries, although none that bad. But I had a similar experience when Randy Foy got his eye knocked out in the Big East Tournament in MSG many years ago. It wasn't like it was something you could see, and MSG doesn't have a TV board for the type of closeup replay you may expect (at least they didn't up to last year). But you could tell by how he went down from what looked pretty minor that it was bad, and then the medics came out and took forever. By then people had gotten on their phones and had started hearing what had happened, and the place got freakishly hushed.
    Wasn't that Alan Ray?