Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official Kobe Bryant Thread: Next chapter

That's why I'm confused. I feel like he could play but he's just being benched. I get that he's older now and there are other players who take of some games (like Duncan for example) but it just seems to me that they're sitting Kobe too much. I feel like they're really trying to tank this season. Which I don't have a problem with. The Lakers really really really need that top 5 pick. I just wish they would go about things differently.

We saw him when he was playing every game this year and it wasnt pretty. At times he was hurting the team. After that 8-30 game where he lost the game in Sac town, I think he realized he just simply cannot go like he used to. It was tough to watch, probably pretty embarrassing for him.

I really think they are preserving him for his final year, but I am sure they dont mind if that turns into a top 5 pick. So perhaps they are indirectly tanking. I personally am not a fan of tanking at all, but I understand this happens to be a unique situation as they only get their pick at top 5.

Torn rotator cuff for Bean. Man, his body really cant take the beating. I guess this makes the tank that much easier. I am not clear on recovery for this type of injury. I am guessing it will require surgery and extensive rehab. I however do not believe he will retire because of this. He has too much pride, I think he wants to end on the court, not in the operating room.

Now, I know I have said I dont like tanking, but now its time to move pieces who can get us picks in return. Im looking at guys like Jordan Hill, Ed Davis, Wes Johnson, etc. Guys who have shown they can play but may not be part of the future.

NBA lottery pick

I just heard that news too. I believe if you have a torn rotator cuff it requires surgery. I had a basketball injury last summer to my shoulder and the first thing I though was that's what it was. I went to the doctor and it wasn't that luckily. There were some other things that were partially torn and the doctor said it would heal on it's own. Now 6 months later I can still feel it but I'm able to use it again. The thing is it didn't really affect my jump shot. I was able to play quickly. I couldn't throw a football at all though. So I would think he could probably play basketball fairly soon but he'll be feeling it for a while. With the Lakers tanking I think if we see Kobe again it will be at the end of the season and it won't be very much.

shhhhhhh

Listening today on the radio sounds like it depends on the degree of the tear

slight tear he can start rehabbing once the pain is gone 3 to 8 weeks. surgery long down time but could be back at the end of the season

could be a blessing in disguise, his legs were dead and his stamina was crappy from missing so much time but it's hard to build the strength up trying to play an NBA schedule.. he can still work on his stamina and leg strength while he's recovering from the shoulder

He's had this injury before and came back fine as far as his shoulder was concerned... it's not a horrible injury just takes time if he wants to give it a go again

He could also say efff it, i'm done

I heard that too gts. Could be a relatively short time off if only partial tear. If it's full tear could be much longer. I think it's 6-8 weeks no movement followed by 4-6 months of rehab.

But has he had a torn rotator cuff? I am hearing a lot about a torn labrum but not the cuff. And I hear it's completely diff, you can't really play through a torn cuff like you can with a labrum.

I think at this point, it makes sense to shut it down for him. I do think he will return for his final season. But at least a plan for his minutes can be made. He got killed with the big minutes earlier in the season but I think he was really just gunning for MJ.

I just wonder with him about not playing for long periods of time. He was pretty rusty coming into the season and never really found consistency. Might be just age and injuries that will prevent him from ever being consistent again.

NBA lottery pick

I was getting labrum confused with rotator cuff..... two different thing for sure.

Home of the 16

Get well soon, Bean.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

all aboard!

NBA lottery pick

Haha, the Lakers can't let the Knicks get Okafur that easily!!!

can the lakers be anymore obvious in the absolute tanking? Clarkson, Ellington, kelly, hill and sacre?? I know I know the lakers have no one but jeez sacre starting 2 consecutive games is pretty comical lol. Lakers have a good chance at getting into bottom 3, which would guarantee a pick

Home of the 16

It's Phil's great mind against the Lakers. This is really starting to get hilarious.

9 month recovery timetable. Longer than I thought but around the range for a full tear. This is going to be a tough one to come back from. No telling if or when he gets that full strength and range of motion on that shoulder.

Not airballing my layups anymore

seems like its over for kobe, too many injuries took over him his career and it ultimately ended his career

Home of the 16

Kobe, remember when you asked David Beckham about knowing when to end your career & he said "You'll know"?

Remember that:))