Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rose has torn meniscus - WOJBOMB

The MVP will be out for the season a third straight time. Wow.

so this is basically better than expected but still bad?

well time for the Bulls to blow it up.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Out of everything that is happening with this and the reactions. I wonder what is going through Rose's mind right now?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    That's an outpatient scope procedure. You walk out of the facility when you're done. Should only take a few months for recovery.

The bad news, is that he appears to have unstable knees and will likely never be the same.
    Yeah, I mean, that's still serious in the sense of an injury, but it's not serious like that last one was. I wonder what will happen to him as a player.

I feel it's a failure overall for the training staff. Why did he come in so much heavier? That's stupid.

How could they let him injure the other one? I mean, I know it's not entirely their fault, but it still feels like a failure on the part of the medical staff to put him in this position. It seems pretty obvious that it was due to him (and this is not trolling lol) actually having problems with muscle memory.

That's why I think people are stupid for laughing at him for saying his muscle memory wasn't ready when, really, because of the injury he had to learn how to walk, run, and jump again. Even if it was the same way he did before (which it was likely not), he had to get the confidence. Injuring his other leg on a play like that where it was an awkward step makes it seem like he wasn't ready or was compensating wrong in his movements and putting himself at risk often.

It's been such a short time since he's been back. I don't think even if he recovers physically enough to play well that he'll ever be the same simply because now he will have to learn how to do all of that shit AGAIN and not have a good leg to favor. Or, you know, maybe it'll balance out and he'll get over it.

Who knows.

-Smak

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    I didn't know it was the other knee

Wonder if that makes it worse or better ? In either case Rose has a tough road ahead.
    Better and worse I guess? On one side, he didn't do further damage to his "weaker" knee, on the other he has two bum knees

Not airballing my layups anymore wlee43's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Yeah, I mean, that's still serious in the sense of an injury, but it's not serious like that last one was. I wonder what will happen to him as a player.

I feel it's a failure overall for the training staff. Why did he come in so much heavier? That's stupid.

How could they let him injure the other one? I mean, I know it's not entirely their fault, but it still feels like a failure on the part of the medical staff to put him in this position. It seems pretty obvious that it was due to him (and this is not trolling lol) actually having problems with muscle memory.

That's why I think people are stupid for laughing at him for saying his muscle memory wasn't ready when, really, because of the injury he had to learn how to walk, run, and jump again. Even if it was the same way he did before (which it was likely not), he had to get the confidence. Injuring his other leg on a play like that where it was an awkward step makes it seem like he wasn't ready or was compensating wrong in his movements and putting himself at risk often.

It's been such a short time since he's been back. I don't think even if he recovers physically enough to play well that he'll ever be the same simply because now he will have to learn how to do all of that shit AGAIN and not have a good leg to favor. Or, you know, maybe it'll balance out and he'll get over it.

Who knows.

-Smak

why do u always write ur name after the post. u entitled or something?

Sunshine State

Do you think he was overcompensating on his other knee to not put so much pressure on his injured one? Or it could have just been a freak accident...

Can't imagine what he's thinking right now, two busted knees and the season really only just started...

Default Re: November 2013 Derrick Rose knee injury is meniscus tear to right knee, needs surgery

I saw it coming. He was landing on his front [right] foot when coming down from jumpshots and probably favoring that right leg in more ways than meet the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by wlee43
    why do u always write ur name after the post. u entitled or something?
    He's a respected poster and it's always been his style.

This is bad. It's looking like another one of these guys who never really gets back due to injuries piling up.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    no time table set until after surgery but im guessing 2 months. but in Rose's case he might not want to risk it again and sit out for the entire year again. Westbrook tore his meniscus most recently and didnt play again for 6 months but he also had the offseason to work that in with. He wasnt pressured to come back when he was ready to play.

Torn meniscus you can play on but theres a certain pain tolerance you can live with and how badly it can swell after games. Metta played 2 weeks after having surgery on his torn meniscus. Granted, Metta is dumb
    This might make him want to take the opposite approach. I mean, no one is saying that this would've been more likely to happen had he came back earlier. Unless that's the case, he maybe thinking to himself that he might not want to waste anymore opportunities playing basketball and possibly winning a title, which is kinda what he did last year. Might make him realize that these risks are going to be there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

Who knows.

-Smak
    Doesn't have to have anything to do with his long recovery. He could easily have unstable joints and loose connective tissue. A meniscus tear isn't a big deal but I'm sure this isn't the last of his joint injuries.

Diagnosis shouldn't be that surprising. Outside of a separation or dislocation that's about the only thing that would prevent him from being able to walk.

Default Re: November 2013 Derrick Rose knee injury is meniscus tear to right knee, needs surgery

I think Derrick Rose will go down as the biggest "What ifs" in Sports history.

Hope I am wrong though, hope he returns soon and stays healthy.

Look at DW the PhD.