Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Utah Jazz should be ashamed of themselves

They are taking tanking to a whole new level. At least ACT like you want to win the game. "They ain't even tryin"

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Re: The Utah Jazz should be ashamed of themselves

I love great storylines in sports. If Utah gets Jabari Parker in 2014, that'd be a great sports storyline.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    I love great storylines in sports. If Utah gets Jabari Parker in 2014, that'd be a great sports storyline.
    let's be real though, do any players stay faithful to their religion once they hit the NBA? Not saying he won't publicly or he will leave Utah or anything but I'm sure he will be breaking a few rules.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They badly overrated the talent they had in Hayward, Kantar, Favors and Burkes and they traded away there two best players by a wide margin while making out they were better off without them......Yet the Bobcats and Hawks look better with them.

If they land a superstar in the draft than I guess it pays off but 1-14 is disgusting.

Local High School Star

Thunder/Seattle played Durant at shooting guard, and lost a ton of games to get high draft picks.

So a Thunder fan complaining about tanking is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    let's be real though, do any players stay faithful to their religion once they hit the NBA? Not saying he won't publicly or he will leave Utah or anything but I'm sure he will be breaking a few rules.
    Good point, and I don't know the kid, but I hear he is pretty devout. So who knows. Either way, guess it doesn't matter if he lives up to the religion, right? As long as he sells jerseys and tickets and becomes a Mormon posterboy, even if only in the public eye.

Banned

I'd sooner see Durant/Rose getting into trouble than Parker.

Seriously, though, the idea of black Mormons is still hilarious to me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They badly overrated the talent they had in Hayward, Kantar, Favors and Burkes and they traded away there two best players by a wide margin while making out they were better off without them......Yet the Bobcats and Hawks look better with them.

If they land a superstar in the draft than I guess it pays off but 1-14 is disgusting.
    Letting Jefferson go was one good thing they did.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07

They didn't trade Milsap or Big Al, they both left in free agency. (Jazz front office desperately wanted to make the 8th seed last year so they could get a few more millions in revenue and that blew up in their faces so they said **** it and went into full tank mode)

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Letting Jefferson go was one good thing they did.
    Do you think you should have kept Milsap?

Quote Originally Posted by Brook(lyn)Lopez
    They didn't trade Milsap or Big Al, they both left in free agency. (Jazz front office desperately wanted to make the 8th seed last year so they could get a few more millions in revenue and that blew up in their faces so they said **** it and went into full tank mode)
    Yeah that was a typo had they traded them for something might have been better

Quote Originally Posted by Brook(lyn)Lopez
    Thunder/Seattle played Durant at shooting guard, and lost a ton of games to get high draft picks.

So a Thunder fan complaining about tanking is like the pot calling the kettle black.
    Chill out bro. We're all friends here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Good point, and I don't know the kid, but I hear he is pretty devout. So who knows. Either way, guess it doesn't matter if he lives up to the religion, right? As long as he sells jerseys and tickets and becomes a Mormon posterboy, even if only in the public eye.
    yeah true was getting a bit away from the topic with my post. He would be a major draw for that team. The NBA needs to do something about tanking but I'm not really sure what they do. A lot of the scenarios proposed have their own issues. It would change the game far to much to ever actually happen but for me I'd like to see it split into 2 leagues instead of divisions like the premier league. Bottom 2 teams relegated to division 2, top 2 teams promoted from division 2. Team won't want to finish last or else they will be relegated.

it's gonna take a lot more than jabari parker to fix this team. i'm not that high on burke either

yeah true was getting a bit away from the topic with my post. He would be a major draw for that team. The NBA needs to do something about tanking but I'm not really sure what they do. A lot of the scenarios proposed have their own issues. It would change the game far to much to ever actually happen but for me I'd like to see it split into 2 leagues instead of divisions like the premier league. Bottom 2 teams relegated to division 2, top 2 teams promoted from division 2. Team won't want to finish last or else they will be relegated.
    Yeah I think the relegation idea is good. But I'm not sure there's enough NBA-quality basketball talent out there to really keep it interesting?

One interesting theory was to lower the amount of playoff teams. Perhaps to 4 per Conference. Not quite sure how this would do in the NBA, but the ppl who've brought this up use the MLB and NFL as comparisons - lowering the amount of playoff teams usually (but not always) drives teams to be better immediately as it raises the competition for playoff spots. So rather than tank, they'd spend $$ on FA's? But the salary cap/luxury tax rules would have to change. Or just the salaries.

I know one of the complaints here is how some NBA teams are content w/ just being a 7 or 8 seed. In a 4-team playoff to make the Finals, that contentment wouldn't exist.

Should've hired Jeff Hornecek as a head coach. I hate how the Jazz franchise acts too much like a family and not enough like an organization. Hopefully Dennis and KOC will realize corbin is not the answer. Kanter is 21 Favors is 22 Hayward 23 Burke 21. This team has so much potential and adding Jabari/Wiggins/Smart to the mix will only insure the Jazz go back to their winning ways.