Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Default Re: Who do you choose to start a franchise with: Stephen Curry or Kyrie Irving?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Stretching 'barely'
    okay he's 21.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Who do you choose to start a franchise with: Stephen Curry or Kyrie Irving?

Well Kyrie is 21 and having a worse season than 21 year old Curry.

So all you can really do is compare them right now as players, and Curry is better.
    At 21, rookie Curry had a 42 point game, almost a triple double. A 36 point game, triple double. Five 30 point double-doubles and eight 20 point double-doubles. Rookie curry was pretty amazing. Overlooked a bit, probably cause no one watches golden state.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

The one who made a playoff run.

This is a good question.

Curry is better now but Kyrie is 4 years younger.

Curry also has a much better team around him.

I'd take Irving.

I feel Irving is overall the better player, but Curry is in a better position to excel so he's going to be more efficient right now. Curry has a capable shooter in Thompson and a legit second option with David Lee getting 20/10 a game. Right now the Cavaliers have nothing remotely close to that.

Banned

injuries aside probably curry, factoring in injuries and age I'd take Kyrie

I'm really not a Curry guy, IMO he's been severely, severely overrated for the past year +.

I might just be having some difficulty coming to terms with the fact that the three has become the weapon it is in today's league, though.

Until I have an awakening of some sort, give me Kyrie.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Well Kyrie is 21 and having a worse season than 21 year old Curry.
    Based on what? Who was "better" is pretty arbitrary, but Curry 14 games into his season at 21 was averaging 10.2 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds on 45/75/42. His team was 5-9.

Kyrie is averaging 21.4 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds on 43/81/35. His team is 4-10.

The respective numbers really aren't close (nor is the defensive attention each drew) and team records were nearly identical. Unless you are comparing Curry's complete 2009-10 season to 14 games of Kyrie in 2013, which would make no sense.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 11-25-2013 at 01:00 AM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    At 21, rookie Curry had a 42 point game, almost a triple double. A 36 point game, triple double. Five 30 point double-doubles and eight 20 point double-doubles. Rookie curry was pretty amazing. Overlooked a bit, probably cause no one watches golden state.
    We are 14 games into this season and Irving already has games of 41 points (with a buzzer beater to win), 39 points/12 assists/5 rebounds, 29/8/6, 28/6, 18/10, 10/9...

Come on, guys... I know people love a good comparison, but Curry was not as good as Kyrie at 21. Not many guys are, in fairness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Come on, guys... I know people love a good comparison, but Curry was not as good as Kyrie at 21. Not many guys are, in fairness.
    This place legit believes Tony Parker and Rondo have cases for best PG.

Local High School Star

From the words of uncle drew, "The one who gets buckets." Curry.

Curry. But why has Kyrie become so hated on this board?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    The vast majority of the users here correlate team wins with individual talent. The other ones use stats and he seems to have regressed. He's getting shit on from two sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Kyrie getting haters is nothing but a good sign. Good players get hated. So the more haters he gets, the better he is.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

probably not fair to bump this now since Irving just won the MVP for the all star game. But I think a lot of people don't get to watch Irving and just go by sh!tty streams or what they read or highlight videos.

People that chose Curry do you still go with Curry (your only lying to yourself if you had to check what you initially answers haha)

I still can't decide.