Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Who do you choose to start a franchise with: Stephen Curry or Kyrie Irving?

I like Curry's game better. But I would choose Kyrie because he has more trade value and I would build off what I get back for him.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Re: Who do you choose to start a franchise with: Stephen Curry or Kyrie Irving?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Something that needs to be taken into consideration... deep consideration...

Kyrie Irving is 21 years old. Curry is 25.

At Kyrie's age, Curry was still in college. Kyrie is averaging 22/6.5/4 in the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Show me another 20 year old PG that remotely approached Kyrie.

I'll wait for this list.
    forgot to mention this too, in regards to the big picture consideration. I love Curry, but I think his ceiling has been reached. He's an elite shooter who can run a decent point. I think Kyrie has yet to reach his potential (clearly, I'm sure we all do here), which of course most ppl project to be in the god-tier.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I'm not sure why people talk about Kyrie and Curry as if they're at the same stage of their respective careers. They're not even close, really.

Kyrie was younger than many guys taken in this past draft.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Have you seen Kyrie attempt to run an offense and create for others? He looks like he's never ran a pick and roll in his life. At least Curry is a legitimate PG, Kyrie is just a undersized SG with handles.

oh you gotta be kidding me. kyrie gets tunnel vision at times but hes amazing in the pick and roll.

Banned

I'm not sure why people talk about Kyrie and Curry as if they're at the same stage of their respective careers. They're not even close, really.

Kyrie was younger than many guys taken in this past draft.
    Kyrie at 20 is comparable to 25 year old Curry.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Exactly.

The kid put up 23/6/4/1.5 on 45/40/85 as a 20 year old. Do people understand how rare that is for a point guard?

He came into the league at 19, just started his third season and has a career average is 21 points a game on 46% shooting. That's a pretty unique talent.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Something that needs to be taken into consideration... deep consideration...

Kyrie Irving is 21 years old. Curry is 25.

At Kyrie's age, Curry was still in college. Kyrie is averaging 22/6.5/4 in the NBA.
    Would you say two or even three seasons playing division 1 ball is an equivalent to two seasons in the nba?

Who would you say has had the better learning curve, 21 year old Kyrie or 21 year old curry?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Would you say two or even three seasons playing division 1 ball is an equivalent to two seasons in the nba?

Who would you say has had the better learning curve, 21 year old Kyrie or 21 year old curry?
    Now we're faulting people for being NBA ready at a quicker rate?

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Now we're faulting people for being NBA ready at a quicker rate?
    Curry was an exceptionally good player at age 21. He made significant strides in becoming a more well rounded pg in his second and third season, more so than he ever would have staying a fourth or fifth season in division 1.

Irving made huge strides from his rookie to sophomore season, strides he feasibly wouldn't have made had he stayed at duke.

Irving at his age is better than curry was, I'm not arguing that point. Nba serves as a far more favorable learning junction for players. That's all I was getting at.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Have you seen Kyrie attempt to run an offense and create for others? He looks like he's never ran a pick and roll in his life. At least Curry is a legitimate PG, Kyrie is just a undersized SG with handles.
    Don't forget Kyrie still has a lot of room to grow. He's barely 21

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Kyrie is the better player, so him.

Banned

Speaking of guard growth, is Tyreke Evans the GOAT tease? Just what happened there?

Well Kyrie is 21 and having a worse season than 21 year old Curry.

So all you can really do is compare them right now as players, and Curry is better.

Quote Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
    Don't forget Kyrie still has a lot of room to grow. He's barely 21
    Stretching 'barely'

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I like Curry's game better. But I would choose Kyrie because he has more trade value and I would build off what I get back for him.
    How many franchise players do you have on your list ...better than Curry and Irving??????????