Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose out for the season

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Maybe it's time for us Bulls fans to come to terms with the real possibility that Rose isn't a player we can build a championship team around. Too damn injury prone, tank and let's get Wiggins or Parker.

I'll admit that I wasn't exactly pulling for Rose after the first injury. Nothing personal or malevolent, I don't wish injuries on anyone, but I was indifferent because of my dislike for the Bulls. Now I'm rooting hard for Rose. He's a rare talent and seems like a legitimately good guy. The mental aspect will be his greatest challenge.

Very good NBA starter

Holy crap that sucks. one of my favorite players

NBA rookie of the year

Always sad to see this happen. But at least Rose won an MVP and was one of the best players in the league for a period and made a boatload of money.

Hope he comes back and is healthy from then on.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Don't worry, he'll be back in a few years.

Muscle memory problems 2.0

He'll be back 6 months after he's cleared ready to play by multiple doctors so he'll be out by about 1.5 years again. Time to trade him because he'll never be the same player mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Muscle memory problems 2.0

He'll be back 6 months after he's cleared ready to play by multiple doctors so he'll be out by about 1.5 years again. Time to trade him because he'll never be the same player mentally and physically.
    why do you try so hard? you're like a generic version of silk.

don't worry people he'll come back in 2015

Decent college freshman

at least last year they had to prepare a season without rose.
    this year , dont see plan b. there is no nate robinson or belinelli.

dat muscle memory is now gone for good

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Just like I said, it was a stupidly pathetic move for him to sit out the playoffs last season, assuming he had more in the future to look forward too. In retrospect that may have been the one shot in his entire career to contend for a ring in any meaningful way.
    Wow, most people who aren't stupidly pathetic could tell that Derrick wouldn't have been able to contribute to last year's playoffs. I mean you see things and can't put it in context. Pure common sense would tell you that if he's favored his weight 16 months later what would you think would have happened at 12 months? And you think the guy you saw this year would have been able to burden the weight to win a ring, you just don't know the game.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 11-25-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Wow, most people who aren't stupidly pathetic could tell that Derrick wouldn't have been able to contribute to last year's playoffs. I mean you see things and can't put it context. Pure common sense would tell you that if he's favored his weight 16 months later what would you think would have happened at 12 months? And you think the guy you saw this year would have been able to burden the weight to win a ring, you just don't know the game.
    Let's be honest though, if your still favoring a knee 12 months, let alone 16 months, after an ACL injury something went incredibly wrong with your PT/strength program. Maybe Rose is just a slow healer, I'm not sure, but tons of athletes have come back to a high percentage of their pre-acl injury athleticism in half the time it took Rose to come back hobbled.

Maybe it wasn't his fault, but someone in the Bull's organization should be jobless if he was favoring the leg at all. It's hard to tell for me since I haven't watched every Bulls game, but that is completely unacceptable.

He needs to switch to Nike.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    Let's be honest though, if your still favoring a knee 12 months, let alone 16 months, after an ACL injury something went incredibly wrong with your PT/strength program. Maybe Rose is just a slow healer, I'm not sure, but tons of athletes have come back to a high percentage of their pre-acl injury athleticism in half the time it took Rose to come back hobbled.

Maybe it wasn't his fault, but someone in the Bull's organization should be jobless if he was favoring the leg at all. It's hard to tell for me since I haven't watched every Bulls game, but that is completely unacceptable.
    Most players don't play like Rose does either. And please name the players who came back to a super athletic level? Well, it is whatever it is one way or the other. While he wasn't really hobbled out there, something was definitely off. Some of it really was muscle memory, a lot of people here never went to camp (for any sport) or had an injury so they find it funny.

Imagine is Steph Curry wore Adidas? He wouldn't have feet anymore. Motherf*cker would have stubs.