Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122
    I usually hit open layups xoracle55's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant agrees to 2-year Lakers extension

LBJ has nice things to say about Kobe..

LeBron James was asked about Kobe's extension after last night's game vs the Suns. "I didn't have much of a reaction at all, really. I felt like he would be... a Laker for his whole career. I never felt he would go anywhere else. Kobe has paid his dues. I mean, no one can argue with anything that he receives from anyone. Eighteen years, five championships, and so on and so on, his resume. Nobody can ever speak anything about what he's accomplished. But as far as what we get paid, highest paid, lowest paid, middle pay, we all have to work for it, and we all have to earn it. We do what we love to do, but at the end of the day, but what means more than anything, is what we do out on the floor, and how we are able to inspire people to watch what we do on the floor."

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    I don't think anyone is arguing that it's not a sound financial investment. I think they're pointing out for someone who is suppose to want to "win" above all else, it's not very indicative of such on Kobe's part.
    ?? this is funny.. tell me once in Kobe's 17 year career he took less money so the team could get other players. he's always been firm in his belief he should receive the maximum amount the lakers can pay him and it's their job to find away to build the roster. he didn't get to 30 million dollars a year by accident

now he takes a 10 million dollar a year paycut and folks are acting like he held the lakers ransom

Remember this thread?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=317700

The people on here criticizing this extension are proof that most fans (including Bill Simmons, who also criticized this) know jack shit about business and would be TERRIBLE GMs.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Remember this thread?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=317700

The people on here criticizing this extension are proof that most fans (including Bill Simmons, who also criticized this) know jack shit about business and would be TERRIBLE GMs.
    Simmons said Kobe's market balue was 10-11 million dollars and no one would pay him more. Can't listen to anyone that stupid.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    ?? this is funny.. tell me once in Kobe's 17 year career he took less money so the team could get other players. he's always been firm in his belief he should receive the maximum amount the lakers can pay him and it's their job to find away to build the roster. he didn't get to 30 million dollars a year by accident

now he takes a 10 million dollar a year paycut and folks are acting like he held the lakers ransom
    Who would of given him 30+ million? Pay cut my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by xoracle55
    LBJ has nice things to say about Kobe..

LeBron James was asked about Kobe's extension after last night's game vs the Suns. "I didn't have much of a reaction at all, really. I felt like he would be... a Laker for his whole career. I never felt he would go anywhere else. Kobe has paid his dues. I mean, no one can argue with anything that he receives from anyone. Eighteen years, five championships, and so on and so on, his resume. Nobody can ever speak anything about what he's accomplished. But as far as what we get paid, highest paid, lowest paid, middle pay, we all have to work for it, and we all have to earn it. We do what we love to do, but at the end of the day, but what means more than anything, is what we do out on the floor, and how we are able to inspire people to watch what we do on the floor."
    Bron has a talent to say a lot and say nothing simultaneously.

National High School Star

So after all this criticism about Kobe demanding high pay it turns out there wasn't even a negotiation. The Lakers offered that much without even asking if he'd take less and Kobe took it. My guess is that promises must have been made while Dr. Buss was still alive. Jimmy has always been eager for the Kobe era to end so he could get a fresh start on the Jimmy era Lakers. That's a terrifying thought.