Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thanksgiving!

Default Re: Thanksgiving!

We are celebrating our town fiesta tomorrow.

   

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'm a big fan of the processed frozen turkey they have here in coles/woolworths to be honest, turkey from the deli is nice too but that's also processed. Real turkey is always a bit dry and flavourless for me.
    yea, it's definitely less flavorful. i assume that's the tradeoff for giving up all the fat that chicken and other meats have.

i usually have turkey in the form of a grilled turkey pattie with blue cheese crumbles, black pepper, grilled onions and mushrooms on top of a veggie salad.

not tippy-top-notch for health purposes, but reasonable for a lazy, health-conscious guy.

Went to the in-laws, had dinner, had some laughs, had apple pie, I washed dishes for 30 minutes. My father-in-law went to Walmart quick to get one of their deals, they were out and gave him a rain check. He almost decked someone because people are absolutely ridiculous on Black Friday, he came back and stated "I'm never doing that again, I just wanted to go there, calmly get a TV and leave, but instead people were running like it was the apocalypse and I almost NASCAR'd someone into the wall because people are ridiculous."

My daughter played with her 3 cousins and had fun.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Geez, putting it in boiling water alive. Horrible.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    American nonsense. Another excuse for Americans to stuff their face.
    And another time for non-americans to show how obsessed with America they are.

Your grammar sucks and so does America.
    England is f[COLOR="DarkRed"]u[/COLOR]cking garbage dude. I hope you know that. America has its issues for sure but english people have no room to talk shit. Ugly women, terrible weather, copy everything americans do...what's great about england? Pommy bitches.

Australia on the other hand...

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    England is f[COLOR="DarkRed"]u[/COLOR]cking garbage dude. I hope you know that. America has its issues for sure but english people have no room to talk shit. Ugly women, terrible weather, copy everything americans do...what's great about england? Pommy bitches.

Australia on the other hand...
    Ugly women? English women are known all over the world for their class, elegance and beauty.

Terrible weather? No, in the summer it is hot and in the winter it is cold. A truly wonderful way of living to experience the pleasures of both.

Copy everything Americans do? Some things but certainly not everything. Nobody here gives a shit about Thanksgiving or Basketball for a start.

Australia? Now this did make me laugh. Australia has literally contributed nothing to this world. How many Ashes series in a row have we kicked your convict asses now?

USA styles on England and the rest of Europe. We da bess, forget da rest

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i eat turkey on a regular basis as a lean protein source... rarely touch chicken. when i found out how chickens are raised in factory farms it sort of permanently killed my appetite.

turkeys seem to have more roaming area from what i've seen. it may not be much, but i don't feel quite so evil eating the stuff.
    you should look more into turkey farming. Same issues as chickens, and they are bred with such heavy breast meat that the toms cant mount the hens. We have created a whole career path of turkey jerkers for artificial insemination.

Sunshine State

I usually don't celebrate Thanksgiving because I'm British but I ended up celebrating it with my girlfriends family.

The Turkey didn't get cooked, SACRILEGE. But the food was good and football was on all day so it was pretty awesome.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    I usually don't celebrate Thanksgiving because I'm British but I ended up celebrating it with my girlfriends family.

The Turkey didn't get cooked, SACRILEGE. But the food was good and football was on all day so it was pretty awesome.
    Who would want an American as a girlfriend? With their whiny, screechy voice and big fat ass. You could do much better, mate.

Ugly women? English women are known all over the world for their class, elegance and beauty.

Terrible weather? No, in the summer it is hot and in the winter it is cold. A truly wonderful way of living to experience the pleasures of both.

Copy everything Americans do? Some things but certainly not everything. Nobody here gives a shit about Thanksgiving or Basketball for a start.

Australia? Now this did make me laugh. Australia has literally contributed nothing to this world. How many Ashes series in a row have we kicked your convict asses now?
    Not an Aussie brother. Couldnt give a single **** about cricket dude.

English women are known for smoking, yellow teeth and trying to be like an American.

The weather is shit bud. Rains all the time and hardly any sunshine.

Who would want an American as a girlfriend? With their whiny, screechy voice and big fat ass. You could do much better, mate.
    Yeah, the english are just as fat statistically. You're right though...lot of better females out there than Americans.

Remember, you have Adele. Her talking voice is annoying and she's a fat ass.

What's so good about the cold? I live in Texas for a couple of years and the winters there are horrible, and that is m0therfvcking Texas man. I can even begin to fathom how much suck it must be to live in a colder place than that. Tropical Islands are the way to go

   

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    you should look more into turkey farming. Same issues as chickens, and they are bred with such heavy breast meat that the toms cant mount the hens. We have created a whole career path of turkey jerkers for artificial insemination.
    gah, i strongly suspected it but was deliberately hanging on to the mental shelter, TBH.

there is a farmers' market here in the square every saturday... that... i'm often too lazy to actually go to.

well, meh... i will try to move towards free-range organic for awhile.

i HATE preparing any kind of flesh by hand, which is part of why i'm so highly vegan / whole foods. in any case, i think we can all blame kevinNYC, no?