Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Prime Patrick Ewing Would Be the 2nd Best Player in the NBA Today

Agree or disagree? Underrated player in the 90s. Lets take a 28 year old Ewing ...

26.6 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 51.4 FG%, 3.2 blocks per

Legit 7'1, strong, athletic, terrific defender and rim protector.

I think only LeBron ranks above him in the modern NBA, I would take him over Durant. He'd rip apart modern NBA front lines.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Default Re: Prime Patrick Ewing Would Be the 2nd Best Player in the NBA Today

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Agree or disagree? Underrated player in the 90s. Lets take a 28 year old Ewing ...

26.6 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 51.4 FG%, 3.2 blocks per

Legit 7'1, strong, athletic, terrific defender and rim protector.

I think only LeBron ranks above him in the modern NBA, I would take him over Durant. He'd rip apart modern NBA front lines.
    No he was not, he was 6'10". Not that it matters. I'm not sure which Patrick Ewing you saw play but I don't think of him as particularly athletic. He had a great jumper for sure and was a real warrior and no doubt was awesome. I don't think he's underrated at all. Maybe on this board because 90% of the people here never saw him play. I dunno that he'd be the second best player in the league. He would easily be the best center. I mean head and shoulders above anything that's around today.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 11-28-2013 at 02:18 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Considering how weak the center position is now compared to when he played, there's no way Ewing retires ringless if he played today

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

While the title may be true...Ewing was only 7'1'' with his box.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

gonna have to agree

he would be perennial all nba first team and all defense 2nd team

zones wouldn't be a problem for him because he has a great jumpshot for a big man and assorted moves from high and low post

think that would translate to his team winning a lot of games and always being in the hunt

only lebron would be lock for mvp over him

if you look at what the all nba team is and has been for the past 3-4 years..a young Ewing has more impact on team's success than anybody other than Bron if he is surrounded by shooters and a halfway decent pg

think of dwight with real moves.....understanding of the game...and how HE would terrorize the league now....get it?

a peak ewing is twice the player head to head than dwight will ever dream of being....

Banned

People will say anything to discredit this era. Hilarious.

Ewing wasn't even top 5 of the 90s, but clearly he would be top 2 of today!

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    He would have immediate monumental impact given the lack of quality centers in the league. He was already great when there was a lot of quality big men in the game.

Ewing, D-Rob, Shaq, Barkley, Mailman would all be very impressive. Kevin Durant is not better than Patrick Ewing. Come on. Some of you kids will say anything to prop this current era of basketball.
    And guys like you will call anyone a kid online because no one treats you like an adult at your own home.
    Stop calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a kid and may be people will take your comments seriously.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ewing wasn't even top 5 of the 90s, but clearly he would be top 2 of today!
    So not being better than(depending on the season in question) Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Drob, Magic, Bird and Barkley means he cant be better than Durant, Paul, Melo, Love, Dwight Howard, and Westbrook but be just behind Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    So not being better than(depending on the season in question) Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Drob, Magic, Bird and Barkley means he cant be better than Durant, Paul, Melo, Love, Dwight Howard, and Westbrook but be just behind Lebron?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Ewing was not better than Paul or Durant.

I forgot, Paul is actually worse than Payton, Tim Hardaway, Penny, Stockton, KJ, etc the list just goes on and on

As for Durant? Not even remotely on Pippen or Grant Hill's level.

BTW, a similar thread was used to discredit Howard and the state of centers in modern basketball, back when Howard was still a dominant force. People basically agreed Ewing was not even as good as Dwight and that Dwight, yes, would be a top 5 C of the 90s. Times change, I guess.
    Last edited by moe94; 11-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

I forgot, Paul is actually worse than Payton, Tim Hardaway, Penny, Stockton, KJ, etc the list just goes on and on

BTW, a similar thread was used to discredit Howard and the state of centers in modern basketball, back when Howard was still a dominant force. People basically agreed Ewing was not even as good as Dwight and that Dwight, yes, would be a top 5 C of the 90s. Times change, I guess.

Dwight was not even better than Vlade or Smits.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

I have to agree with this.

Paul and Durant > Ewing.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Dwight was not even better than Vlade or Smits.
    BS. Orlando Dwight was better than those two combined.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Would take Paul and Durant over Ewing. He'd be top 5 though.