Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Prime Patrick Ewing Would Be the 2nd Best Player in the NBA Today

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Dwight was not even better than Vlade or Smits.
    Another f.aggot obsessed with nostalgia. Just stop. Orlando Dwight was way better than both of those guys.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

For sure. Dude would eat up the wack ass C's of today.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ewing was not better than Paul or Durant.
    Have either of them done anything that makes you believe a Ewing led team with similar talent couldnt match?

I forgot, Paul is actually worse than Payton, Tim Hardaway, Penny, Stockton, KJ, etc the list just goes on and on
    Same level. All of them ranked under Ewing in their primes other than the ones who peaked as Ewing was falling off.

As for Durant? Not even remotely on Pippen or Grant Hill's level.
    They would all be ranked on the same level in the same league. Id take Pippen but...I love defense.

BTW, a similar thread was used to discredit Howard and the state of centers in modern basketball, back when Howard was still a dominant force. People basically agreed Ewing was not even as good as Dwight and that Dwight, yes, would be a top 5 C of the 90s. Times change, I guess.

Off the top of my head...nobody I know to be old enough to remember young Ewing thought so.

Ewing was just straight up taking control of games night after night with his offense getting buckets.....while also being one of the best rim protectors in the league.

Talking a 25-30ppg player not doing it off putbacks...but reliable go to post scoring. And he might also block 4 shots a night and get you 10-12 rebounds.

There was never a case for Dwight being better. He just doesnt have Shaq, Hakeem, and Drob to outshine him.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Another f.aggot obsessed with nostalgia. Just stop. Orlando Dwight was way better than both of those guys.

Please. If Yao owned Orlando Dwight, Smits would sexually molest him. Smits used to give Shaq and Ewing trouble.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

What does Orlando Dwight have to do with anything? Right now he's not the same player as he was in Orlando and "Today" =/= 2+ years ago.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Please. If Yao owned Orlando Dwight, Smits would sexually molest him. Smits used to give Shaq and Ewing trouble.
    Another Jordan stan overrated the 90s. Get down and shine my shoes, boy

Peak Ewing = 29/11/4 blks - 4th in MVP voting behind only Magic, Barkley and MJ. He'd definitely have an argument, the only thing is that's by far the best version of him because of injuries. Kinda like 2003 T-Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Agree or disagree? Underrated player in the 90s. Lets take a 28 year old Ewing ...

26.6 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 51.4 FG%, 3.2 blocks per

Legit 7'1, strong, athletic, terrific defender and rim protector.

I think only LeBron ranks above him in the modern NBA, I would take him over Durant. He'd rip apart modern NBA front lines.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Another Jordan stan overrated the 90s. Get down and shine my shoes, boy

Go eat a dick, bitch. Matter of fact, eat a whole plate full.

Absolutely not.
    He was my third favorite Knick behind Oakley and Mason but he is way overrated if people think he would be the second best player. A very overrated offensive player as he became very inefficient, turnover prone and a jump shooter.(actually he also had his baseline turnaround and runner across the lane that he often dribbled off his foot).. excellent defender though.

People way overrate the past.
    The game as changed.
    Players are bigger, stronger and more athletic today.
    It's also a much deeper talent pool to draw from with the much larger population and international pool of players.
    Last edited by ChuckOakley; 11-28-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Smits vs Shaq...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=onealsh01

Of course, who can forget the 2000 Finals when Smits held Shaq to a 38 ppg, 17 rpg, .611 series.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I just re-watched Shaq rape Smits in the 2000 finals last week.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    People way overrate the past.
    The game as changed.
    Players are bigger, stronger and more athletic today.
    It's also a much deeper talent pool to draw from with the much larger population and international pool of players.
    So where are the great centers? You seen any Shaqs, Kareems or Wilts around lately? Does Roy Hibbert or Dwight Howard qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I just re-watched Shaq rape Smits in the 2000 finals last week.
    Nostalgia has ruined his memories. Even a Young Shaq abused prime Rik Smits with the Golden State Warriors.

As much as I hates Kevin Durant's free throw antics. I put him over Ewing because he's the superior playoffs performer, and he already led his team into the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Smits vs Shaq...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=onealsh01

Of course, who can forget the 2000 Finals when Smits held Shaq to a 38 ppg, 17 rpg, .611 series.
    Out of curiosity, do you think Hibbert today would do a better job than Smits on a peak Shaq in the finals?