Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Prime Patrick Ewing Would Be the 2nd Best Player in the NBA Today

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Out of curiosity, do you think Hibbert today would do a better job than Smits on a peak Shaq in the finals?
    Yes.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Out of curiosity, do you think Hibbert today would do a better job than Smits on a peak Shaq in the finals?
    Nope. Shaq was able to get Smits in foul trouble like Hibbert never could.

Edit: Didn't know you were talking about guarding Shaq not guarding Smits. My bad.

In that case Yes, Hibbert would do a better job. Still would get abused like almost everyone else though.
    Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb; 11-28-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Yes.
    So give me Shaq's line against Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Nope. Shaq was able to get Smits in foul trouble like Hibbert never could.
    I mean if Hibbert was teleported into the past to defend Shaq in the 2000 finals.

Banned

So give me Shaq's line against Hibbert.
    14/8 on 25% shooting

Fouled out by 3rd quarter.

So where are the great centers? You seen any Shaqs, Kareems or Wilts around lately? Does Roy Hibbert or Dwight Howard qualify?
    Did you miss the part about the game changing?
    The game is perimeter oriented and favors perimeter players.
    Today's bigs are bigger, stronger and generally better defenders. Their offense isn't as refines because they weren't asked to play that way..that's why we have so many big men that can play on the outside.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I'd say 30-33/15. Something like that. Shaq had a sub par ft shooting finals in 2000 even by his standards. Shot in the 30s i think. He could've easily had 40/17 if he shot his average
    Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb; 11-28-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Shaq was just a F*cking monster. He reminds me of Prime Undertaker in the 1990's WWF.

The Diesel posted great all around numbers against the top 10 best centers in the 1990's and early to mid 2000's.

Even a past his prime Shaq outplayed 6'9.5" Dwight Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Did you miss the part about the game changing?
    The game is perimeter oriented and favors perimeter players.
    Yeah okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Today's bigs are bigger, stronger and generally better defenders. Their offense isn't as refines because they weren't asked to play that way..that's why we have so many big men that can play on the outside.
    Is this an average or are you comparing to the greats of the past? Because I'm not seeing how today's mobile, defensive bigs have anything on the great bigs of the past.

Also, if someone did have a Shaq on their roster, don't you think they'd change their strategy to take advantage of their strength inside? Especially when that's Miami's weakness, and they're the team to beat?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

People way overrate the past.
    The game as changed.
    Players are bigger, stronger and more athletic today.
    Its almost as if you set out to use every cliche you could.

People are going to be saying those last two every day for the rest of time. And in 2058 Shaq, Ewing, Hakeem, drob, and so on would still be elite centers.

Ewing at 38 was having 18/18 games vs a bigman I watched play yesterday and one who retired in 2008.

And it was this Ewing:

not this one:

And even that one was past his prime. It was like 6 years after GMs ranked him the second most desired center. 13 took Drob. 7 Ewing. 4 Hakeem.

Granted...

That was before Ewing slowed down/got banged up and became mostly a jump shooter. Ewing was having a 29/11 season shooting 55% and blocking 4 shots a game. And it was taken in april? In the previous two months he had averaged 32/12 and 31/12 on 58 and 59% shooting. In April and march he had games of:

40/15
    37/19/9 blocks
    37/17 the game before that
    37/21/6/5 two games before that

Which was 2 games after he had 51/18 and 41/12 in back to back games. He was having games of 44/22. And 44/24.

He was straight rampaging through the NBA.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

[B]Patrick Ewing Would Be The Best Center in the Game By Far Today. I Don
    Last edited by Round Mound; 11-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Patrick was an absolute beast. One of the greatest players of all time, during the last golden era of centers.

It's a shame he couldn't bring NYC a chip.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Another f.aggot obsessed with nostalgia. Just stop. Orlando Dwight was way better than both of those guys.
    I wont waste anymore of my time after this post with an idiot like you. Youre not somebody to be reasoned with because you are both an idiot and a miserable punk troll. Even if you are proved wrong youre too stupid to realize it and even in the remote chance that you do, youre too much of an ass to shut the hell up.

Smits and Divac were better centers than Dwight. Divac in particular was a very crafty and stolid player. Youre probably not even old enough to have watched them play.

And Silkk is a a horrible rapper, very fitting for somebbody like you to be a fan of his.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Smits and Divac were better centers than Dwight. Divac in particular was a very crafty and stolid player. Youre probably not even old enough to have watched them play.
    You're telling me Smits and Floppy Divac would get first team all NBA spot over Orlando Dwight today?

Also, don't sleep on the boy Silkk. He had potential to be an all time great rapper. Actually, he already is all time great.
    Last edited by moe94; 11-28-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    You're telling me Smits and Floppy Divac would get first team all NBA spot over Orlando Dwight today?

Hell No.

20 yrs.old Anthony Davis is already better than those guys.