Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

  1. #1
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,829

    Default Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,020

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    Thank god for this. Every other mix is the same 10 dunks over and over again.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bombing Organisms Timelessly
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    This man.

  4. #4
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,829

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Thank god for this. Every other mix is the same 10 dunks over and over again.
    Right?

    Shawn Kemp gets me amped. I think he's a testament to dunking not just being what type of dunk one is completing, but how it's being completed.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-29-2013 at 12:04 AM.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,020

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Right?

    Shawn Kemp gets me amped. I think he's a testament to dunking not just being what type of dunk one is completing, but how it's being completed.
    Jason Richardson has the exact same dunking style, with none of the power.

  6. #6
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,829

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Jason Richardson has the exact same dunking style, with none of the power.
    Yeah, I think Richardson was a little more technically sound in regards to his windmills and 360's, but Kemp was a much more versatile dunker, being able to hammer off of one and two feet and whatnot. I actually am a huge dunk fan of both.

  7. #7
    in Brooklyn alwaysunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    No matter how great the dunk is it gets tiresome if you watch it over and over again. This is why I enjoy watching the other 90 dunks more than the top 10 even though they're technically inferior. I love watching never-seen plays, especially the past ones. I have to admit though the dunks early in the videos were kinda weak, whereas the Vince Carter video had me pumped right from the start.

    The uploader did a fantastic job with the video. I love the film countdown flash he used for the top 10. So subtle yet provides great visuals without interrupting the flow of the scene unlike most of the top 10 clips.

  8. #8
    in Brooklyn alwaysunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    I know I said the uploader did a great job, but he missed these 4 dunks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmpJ5432zo4. This game is probably missing from his archive.

  9. #9
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naptown aka Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,194

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    repped....

  10. #10
    I can dunk Tking714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    With the basketball gods
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    the statue of liberty 360 at 2:20.. in highschool

  11. #11
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,222

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks


  12. #12
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,829

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    No matter how great the dunk is it gets tiresome if you watch it over and over again. This is why I enjoy watching the other 90 dunks more than the top 10 even though they're technically inferior. I love watching never-seen plays, especially the past ones. I have to admit though the dunks early in the videos were kinda weak, whereas the Vince Carter video had me pumped right from the start.

    The uploader did a fantastic job with the video. I love the film countdown flash he used for the top 10. So subtle yet provides great visuals without interrupting the flow of the scene unlike most of the top 10 clips.
    I agree with almost everything. I enjoyed all of Kemp's from the start too though. The first song complemented his violent fluidity quite well in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    I know I said the uploader did a great job, but he missed these 4 dunks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmpJ5432zo4. This game is probably missing from his archive.
    The first one made the top 100. It was only shown from the baseline cam though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tking714
    the statue of liberty 360 at 2:20.. in highschool
    One of my all-time faves. It was on his Reignman VHS and it took me years to find it on the internet. He discussed it on the tape. Just an all around great moment though. Gym packed. Breakaway. Crowd brimming. Helicopter 360 off one foot from distance. Even Kemp's wipeout at the end added to its awesomeness.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-29-2013 at 02:19 AM.

  13. #13
    in Brooklyn alwaysunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tking714
    the statue of liberty 360 at 2:20.. in highschool
    That one was unreal (should've been in top 10). One of the rare gems I discovered today. I bet almost no one saw it until now...well except Rake.

    Just noticed the audio from that dunk is from Vince Carter windmill alley oop from indoor Rucker Park. Guess if you had to sub the audio in it had to be that one.

  14. #14
    in Brooklyn alwaysunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I agree with almost everything. I enjoyed all of Kemp's from the start too though. The first song complemented his violent fluidity quite well in my opinion.
    Yeah, it's quite ironic too.

    "I've got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"


  15. #15
    Canned DuMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    23,508

    Default Re: Top 100 Shawn Kemp Dunks

    thank god he had all those kids. increases the chances that someone like him will be dunkin like that in a few years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •