Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Showers.

National High School Star

Default Cold Showers.

Has anyone tried them and seen any benefits?
    Did some research on google, and a lot of sources state that they are good for you.

About to start testing for myself,
    Any tips on how to with stand the chill?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Cold Showers.

someone made a thread on this in here around a year ago...

I tried it 2-3 times, and to do it properly, (ice cold) it is extremely difficult...what I did was get in a "semi-cold" shower and kept turning the knob colder as my body adjusted because just jumping into to ice cold water is painful as a mfer

first 5 minutes or so HURT...but as your body adjusts it gets easier and easier...and getting out of a cold shower feels WARM rather than cold like you are used to.

I have to say, every time I did it I came out feeling energized and alive as ever...not sure if it was pure placebo effect or not but it I definitely "felt good".

Great for you. Improves blood circulation to organs and boosts NK cells for adequate immune function.

It will help your cold tolerance tremendously, your skin will be tight and glowing instead of dry and flaky. You'll notice an immediate energy boost after a cold shower as well.

I always start out hot.... too much a puss to jump in the cold right away. When I'm ready I turn that bitch as cold as it gets and use willpower to withstand... make sure you stay in long enough till your body gets used to the cold and you're no longer in misery... you'll notice a sense of warmth/energy come over you that you've never felt before... it's always worth it. 3-5 minutes in a cold shower is nothing. Man up and reap the benefits.

Sometimes I like to force myself to do a cold shower during a hangover. Kind of a punishment for being drinking too much and it helps me snap out of the fog.

I should do cold showers more often but I probably only do it like 5 times per year.

when the hot water runs out in the morning yes.

Banned

It's been talked to death here and mentioned so many times in threads related to healthy lifestyle.

I have done it and like someone mentioned above. You lower your body temperature so when you get out, your body is naturally raising your temperature, so you will get warmer rather than cooling down from a warm shower.

I find myself using less lotion and less flaky skin due to it.

I don't know how people do it. I have my knob turned a quarter away and not completely all the way to cold. Too excruciating, nonetheless, it's still a cold shower.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Since it's gotten cold outside I've stopped taking cold showers due me being freezing when waking up but I would like to think I could tell a difference.

It's not a like bolt of lighting hits you and you'll be waken up in a second once that freezing water jitters down your spine. I've also read that it increases your testosterone and I think it definitely helps improve your health although this part is 100% bro-science on my part.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

IDK all the science behind it, but to me it would make sense that cold showers are more beneficial than warm due to the fact that is how it would be in nature...hot water poured all over your body is unnatural as fck...cold water on the other hand is not

Love Live Life

I'll pass on cold showers.

Only heard of taking them when you're horny af and can't get any vag.

Warm/hot showers feel better to me

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I'll pass on cold showers.

Only heard of taking them when you're horny af and can't get any vag.

Warm/hot showers feel better to me
    Too scared to get out of your comfort zone for 5 minutes? Puss.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

I guess so. Shit doesn't feel good.

Hot showers feel better to me.

Don't care if cold showers are healthier

I used to do them all the time, Starting out just first take a normal shower then before you get out for 5 minutes turn it down to cool water. Then next time go even colder and then colder until you get to the coldest. At on point i was doing the coldest possible setting in the winter. Its so cold you start breathing really heavy, and your whole body starts tingling until you get used to. Its pretty intense.

It has a pretty awesome effect, first you dont get cold anymore no matter how chilly it is outside. Could be freezing n shit n you'd be cool. Mentally it was making me sharper. Like drinking a whole cup of coffee at once in one gulp or getting electrocuted or something., definitely wakes you up real good. Just makes you feel good for like an hour afterwards for some reason. And on top of that you just feel healthier, like you can withstand some extreme weather n shit

NBA rookie of the year

Never taken a cold shower and never will.

Dont see the point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Dont see the point. I often go outside my comfort zone when I see the point of the suffering.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Dont see the point. I often go outside my comfort zone when I see the point of the suffering.
    Seriously.

Nobody has stated any facts to why you should take cold showers.

It all just sounds like the placebo effect.

What's the point? How is it healthy for you?

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Here's a laymans article for your to read. http://impossiblehq.com/cold-shower-health-benefits

You also have real testimonies in this thread that say it helps skin, gives them an energy boost, makes them feel healthier, more alert, cold tolerance, etc.

If you still don't see the point then that's on you.