Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Showers.

Default Re: Cold Showers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

I guess so. Shit doesn't feel good.

Hot showers feel better to me.

Don't care if cold showers are healthier
    Thats called being soft b. You one of them sensitive delicate motherf*ckers? It sounds like you got a personal handbag with like lotion and flavored lip balm in it n shit man. Like you own a pair of mittens, and a warm hat with one of those poofy balls on top of it b. Like you be having 5 minute conversations with your mom everyday, talkin bout how you miss each other n shit.. and you get real worried if you miss a day, shit gets you all flustered n shit. Thats real soft man

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Thats called being soft b. You one of them sensitive delicate motherf*ckers? It sounds like you got a personal handbag with like lotion and flavored lip balm in it n shit man. Like you own a pair of mittens, and a warm hat with one of those poofy balls on top of it b. Like you be having 5 minute conversations with your mom everyday, talkin bout how you miss each other n shit.. and you get real worried if you miss a day, shit gets you all flustered n shit. Thats real soft man
    That's funny and way off base.

These aren't testimonies either.

Like I said it's a placebo effect.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I usually take cold showers before I go to work and warm showers before I sleep.

I prefer half Cold, and half Warm shower. I like Cold Shower during the summer.

Home of the 16

It's nothing biggie. I grew up in the Philippines for like 6 or 7 years, & we take cold showers.

whats the point of them? just to wake you up?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    whats the point of them? just to wake you up?
    To save energy?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    To save energy?
    damn . . . and i thought i was broke

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Seriously.

Nobody has stated any facts to why you should take cold showers.

It all just sounds like the placebo effect.

What's the point? How is it healthy for you?

Check this out

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    someone made a thread on this in here around a year ago...

I tried it 2-3 times, and to do it properly, (ice cold) it is extremely difficult...what I did was get in a "semi-cold" shower and kept turning the knob colder as my body adjusted because just jumping into to ice cold water is painful as a mfer

first 5 minutes or so HURT...but as your body adjusts it gets easier and easier...and getting out of a cold shower feels WARM rather than cold like you are used to.

I have to say, every time I did it I came out feeling energized and alive as ever...not sure if it was pure placebo effect or not but it I definitely "felt good".
    Yeah that was me. I'm still doing it a year+ later and my body (at age 28) feels better than it has at any point in my life. I started to have a bit of hair loss last year as well and my hair has gotten back to full strength now (plus added some products that I use to fight it). I started doing it because I heard it might help my lower back pain/recover from playing bball faster. I've had lower back pain since I was 16. My lower back has never felt better than it has the past year.

It is incredible how much better my life has been/my body recovers/no aches/pains etc etc etc etc etc

Also, it's not hard..i dunno why everyone is making it out to be some mountain of a thing.

My method:
    -Super nice feeling hot water (not on hair) 2 minutes
    -Luke cold water (on hair) 1 minute..just cuz it feels nice to get hair wet
    -Back to hot water while I soap up/brush/etc/rinse off soap 8 minutes
    -Just man up and turn it to ice cold...turn around and let it hit my lower back for 2 minutes...turn around and just get hair/body 1 minutes

Donezo. Feels good + wakes me up + recovers me faster + helps my hair + helps my skin. Well worth it...you get used to doing it. It's not difficult at all. By the way, the weather is 32 degrees here (freezing) so it being cold OUTSIDE has nothing to do with it. You feel warmer going outside after using ice cold water anyways.

5-time NBA All-Star

What are some other challenging/hardening things you guys do to expand your comfort zone?

   

i can't even remember the last time i took a purely hot shower. maybe a decade ago or summin.

but i'm not in to pure cold unless it's summertime. otherwise i keep switching between hot and cold as my body prompts me. sort of a hot ice treatment. feels great.

do you want to watch sometime, macho?

   

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Stream that

been on a 5 day streak of cold shower. Going for a 30 day challenge. The last 3 days i set it at the coldest temp and straight up jumped in there without gradually decreasing from hot to cold like i usually do