Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Home of the 16

Default Re: Joe Rogan on 'Luck creating success'

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Lotta weak bitches in this thread.

Spoke my thoughts. Success does not always mean money. Success is setting a goal and achieving it through goddamn pain and blood. Not having goals is a weak bitch thing to do and weak bitches will whine and call people achieving their goals lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Please, saying this makes you sound so naive. I'm in a great position to be "succesful", and I'm not about shit when it comes to hard work. I didn't work hard to get in this position. My girlfriend has a management position at an oil company without having a diploma or experience, because nepotism.

Life isn't a fairytale, everyone doesn't get what they deserve. Plenty of people work really hard and go nowhere. The way Rogan capitalized on his opportunities is admirable, but he isn't famous because he worked hard. You don't get equal return on the effort you put in, success is not about that. And when succesful people are trying to tell you that it is about that it's more about servicing their own ego.
    Yeah, there was a really good segment in the recent Will Ferrell interview on the WTF podcast with Marc Maron that talks about advice Will's dad gave him when he was starting out.

Will's dad basically said, "You have talent but it takes a lot of luck so if you are feeling really defeated in 5 years...don't be afraid to quit. You won't be a failure if you decide to move on." Will said it kind of took a weight off of his shoulders because he realized that it wasn't necessarily his fault if he did become a big comedian or actor.

High School Varsity 6th Man

It seriously bottles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    i disagree complely. im from a humble middle class family.

no matter how hard i tried , I COULD NEVER be a top banker, top lawyer, top politician.. that is reserved for the elite who only breed other elite.
    i disagree with Rogan but I diagree with you just as much.