Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Tony Wroten as a starter (6 games)

flirted with a trip double but shot poorly. still not bad for a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Grizzles traded him for Fab Melo Now he's playing better than there starting SG in Tony Allen I knew even at the time that was a awful move.
    No they didn't.

They traded a non guaranteed contract of Donte Greene for Fab Melo. Both ended up getting cut by both teams.

Also, trading Wroten was the only move this new front office has made that I didn't like. Hollins refused to play him so we never got a sense of what he could really do but he showed some amazing stuff in limited time so I wanted to develop him. This team was in win now mode and thought a guy like Calathes would be able to be a more consistent back up distributor. So far, they were dead wrong but it is different playing on a team that has nothing to prove (no disrespect to the 76ers, everyone just assumed they'd be awful) and playing for a team that just went to the WCF.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    he dominates the ball...cant shoot....and makes no 1 better on the team. still happy we have him though as of now
    Ding ding ding we have a winner. I don't understand why people can't understand that being a "top high school prospect" doesn't mean that you're going to be a great college or nba player. It just means that at your age that you have what is seen to be as the potential to grow into that. Some kids do, some kids don't and there are myriad reasons for this. This guy is pulling a Mike James right now so don't believe the hype. Trust me. Just watch a sixers game not the box score.