Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: So-called "Laker Fans" already relentlessly trashing Pau.

I love Pau, and I'm happy about what he did for this team his first few years here, but the dude is not worth a starting spot any more. Dude struggles having a consistent run of good games.
    At least go back to the post again. He used to be known as the best skilled post player in the past. In 2011, people said Bynum's emergence set Pau back. In 2012, it was Dwight wanting to hog the paint.
    Now? Who is it? Sacre slowing him down? Kaman, who hasn't played for like 6 games or so, taking up the interior offensive space?
    Pau has the worst decline I've probably ever seen. Dude went from a high-teens/low-20 PPG, 10+ reb to now being irrelevant as f*ck.
    And nobody is claiming Kobe's a saint, other than his Stans. The guy is a ball stopper. My worst fears of Kobe's return have been realized thus far. Even if dude goes back to being a 25+ points scorer per night, he completely stops the flow of the offense. Now everyone who was bein inpactful has had their progress slowed down. Steve Blake didn't hardly handle the ball last night. Xavier Henry, who was having a huge game, was taken out early in the 4th to put Kobe in and stop the Lakers' momentum. Wtf is going to happen when Jordan Farmar returns? How is Jodie Meeks now going to be effective? Everyone will have to get used to trying to be streaky spot up shooters because Kobe ain't letting you take ball handling duties and doing anything beyond ISO all night and passing as the shot clock expires. And I also heard Kobe yelling at his teammates, "I got the rebound!" lol Nobody else went for the boards because of this.
    I can go into more details, but f*ck it. My point is to just say there are rational Lakers fans. Pau wouldn't be booed if he didn't have awful games practically every night, looking like he too came back from major injury.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I love Pau, and I'm happy about what he did for this team his first few years here, but the dude is not worth a starting spot any more. Dude struggles having a consistent run of good games.
    At least go back to the post again. He used to be known as the best skilled post player in the past. In 2011, people said Bynum's emergence set Pau back. In 2012, it was Dwight wanting to hog the paint.
    Now? Who is it? Sacre slowing him down? Kaman, who hasn't played for like 6 games or so, taking up the interior offensive space?
    Pau has the worst decline I've probably ever seen. Dude went from a high-teens/low-20 PPG, 10+ reb to now being irrelevant as f*ck.
    And nobody is claiming Kobe's a saint, other than his Stans. The guy is a ball stopper. My worst fears of Kobe's return have been realized thus far. Even if dude goes back to being a 25+ points scorer per night, he completely stops the flow of the offense. Now everyone who was bein inpactful has had their progress slowed down. Steve Blake didn't hardly handle the ball last night. Xavier Henry, who was having a huge game, was taken out early in the 4th to put Kobe in and stop the Lakers' momentum. Wtf is going to happen when Jordan Farmar returns? How is Jodie Meeks now going to be effective? Everyone will have to get used to trying to be streaky spot up shooters because Kobe ain't letting you take ball handling duties and doing anything beyond ISO all night and passing as the shot clock expires. And I also heard Kobe yelling at his teammates, "I got the rebound!" lol Nobody else went for the boards because of this.
    I can go into more details, but f*ck it. My point is to just say there are rational Lakers fans. Pau wouldn't be booed if he didn't have awful games practically every night, looking like he too came back from major injury.
    While i agree with almost everything but 1 thing

With blake injured he needed to be taken out and not X... Its bad coaching

Have a guy who is HOT or have a injured pg when u know Kobe will handle the ball?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Anyone shocked?
    Pau has been Garbage since 2011 playoffs.

Banned

hopefully there is an ISH level Kobe hater GM out there willing to take the great Pau Gasol off the Laker's hands

Not airballing my layups anymore

So OP please explain why we shouldn't be trashing our 19 million dollar center who is washed up and literally always injured to the point where he can't play D or score

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Heh.

But he's from Los Angeles and DeMar DeRozan is from Compton. Both probably have been Laker fans. Was a great night for both of them.
    I wonder if they go extra hard playing against their hometown team. Man Wiggins needs to come to the Raptors so bad.

Homage to Al Thornton AI Thornton's Avatar