Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Should the Celtics Make a Play for Waiters?

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Bradley, Crawford, Green, Crash are their perimeter players on the roster atm.

Last thing the C's need is another streaky/volume scorer. They need bigs.
    Only ones who get significant minutes, and only 2 of them can actually create their shot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Only ones who get significant minutes, and only 2 of them can actually create their shot
    Do you think the trade idea is a good one then?

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

You know what that might be a good idea. A Waiters and Bradley exchange would be good for both teams. I like it.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Yeah, but add Waiters and Rondo in and you're looking at a 6 man rotation over 3 positions and imo you only ever really want 5 (3 starters, a 1/2 guy which will be Crawford and a 2/3 who we should still be looking for).

I'd love - LOVE - to get Arron Afflalo, Terrence Ross or Ben McLemore, but how available they are I wouldn't know (especially without giving up Bradley or Green). I guess I'd give up Bradley, not happily, but if it was bringing someone like Afflalo back it'd be a no brainer (obviously we'd have to include picks or something as Bradley's going to get a new contract in the summer, and the three above are better players, but you know).

The way we've been looking, man. If we can somehow get a legit centre in the draft... don't feel like 17 and 19 (the current projected picks) would be enough packaged together to get into the top 10, maybe with our 15 pick thrown in or the Clippers or one of the 10 others we have... Embiid would be perfect. I don't know how we'd get him though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Yeah, but add Waiters and Rondo in and you're looking at a 6 man rotation over 3 positions and imo you only ever really want 5 (3 starters, a 1/2 guy which will be Crawford and a 2/3 who we should still be looking for).

I'd love - LOVE - to get Arron Afflalo, Terrence Ross or Ben McLemore, but how available they are I wouldn't know (especially without giving up Bradley or Green). I guess I'd give up Bradley, not happily, but if it was bringing someone like Afflalo back it'd be a no brainer (obviously we'd have to include picks or something as Bradley's going to get a new contract in the summer, and the three above are better players, but you know).

The way we've been looking, man. If we can somehow get a legit centre in the draft... don't feel like 17 and 19 (the current projected picks) would be enough packaged together to get into the top 10, maybe with our 15 pick thrown in or the Clippers or one of the 10 others we have... Embiid would be perfect. I don't know how we'd get him though.

Believe in Ainge, he might be able to get something done to get us into the lottery or he may find some gold in this draft somewhere late.

In regards to Affalo, i think he is the most available out of the three you mentioned as orlando want to give his spot to oladipo, but for me i would want mclemore out of all of them, but a waiters for bradley swap (with fillers) would seem like a realistic option given his situation in cleveland, he could be a player we need for the future, we keep crawford, marshon can go, how does that sound?

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Agreed.

I think it's far too soon in the season to read much into how we've performed, and Dion is a future star. Giving him up would be silly IMO.
    id love to be wrong, but with the way dion still cant finish at the basket, i have a hard time seeing him becoming a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Believe in Ainge, he might be able to get something done to get us into the lottery or he may find some gold in this draft somewhere late.

In regards to Affalo, i think he is the most available out of the three you mentioned as orlando want to give his spot to oladipo, but for me i would want mclemore out of all of them, but a waiters for bradley swap (with fillers) would seem like a realistic option given his situation in cleveland, he could be a player we need for the future, we keep crawford, marshon can go, how does that sound?
    It's certainy not a bad swap, especially with Waiters on his rookie deal and Bradley likely to get a silly offer in the summer (reckon someone will offer him silly money like $6-7m a year). But I don't feel like it necessarily makes us any better long term, and I like Bradley. I'd rather make a move like Nelson + Afflalo for Humphries, Brooks and a pick.

Banned

It's certainy not a bad swap, especially with Waiters on his rookie deal and Bradley likely to get a silly offer in the summer (reckon someone will offer him silly money like $6-7m a year). But I don't feel like it necessarily makes us any better long term, and I like Bradley. I'd rather make a move like Nelson + Afflalo for Humphries, Brooks and a pick.
    Is Nelson an expirer? Because i like that trade if thats the case, I really like bradley but i dont think we will retain him if he gets crazy offers like that. Rondo needs a scoring guard next to him, I dont think a move is neccesary right now but i proposed it because i think that the cavs are open to offers.

Is Nelson an expirer? Because i like that trade if thats the case, I really like bradley but i dont think we will retain him if he gets crazy offers like that. Rondo needs a scoring guard next to him, I dont think a move is neccesary right now but i proposed it because i think that the cavs are open to offers.
    Nah, Nelson has another year left but that's the attraction for Orlando - they get rid of his contract for expirers and a pick, and it helps the tank. I still don't know if they'd do it - Brooks I guess could gain some value for them as someone would need to fill the void and Hump is solid but it'd be a real step back for them this year. But then, they might want to do that, so...

Anyway, the ultimate fantasy would be along the lines of that trade, then Crawford/Wallace/Nets/Hawks 2014 pick/Nets 2016 pick for Monroe.

Rondo/Nelson
    Afflalo/Bradley
    Green/trash
    Sully/Olynyk
    Monroe/Faverani
    Last edited by BlackWhiteGreen; 12-09-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Banned

Nah, Nelson has another year left but that's the attraction for Orlando - they get rid of his contract for expirers and a pick, and it helps the tank. I still don't know if they'd do it - Brooks I guess could gain some value for them as someone would need to fill the void and Hump is solid but it'd be a real step back for them this year. But then, they might want to do that, so...

Anyway, the ultimate fantasy would be along the lines of that trade, then Crawford/Wallace/Nets/Hawks 2014 pick/Nets 2016 pick for Monroe.

Rondo
    Afflalo
    Green
    Sully
    Monroe
    I really really like that team, we need a player like Monroe, I wonder if we could pull Cousins instead if we threw in Olynyk or something, i really like Cousins, and he could improve under the right situation.

I really really like that team, we need a player like Monroe, I wonder if we could pull Cousins instead if we threw in Olynyk or something, i really like Cousins, and he could improve under the right situation.
    I love Cousins, I don't think he's going anywhere though. Kings showed their intentions with the Rudy trade

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I love Cousins, I don't think he's going anywhere though. Kings showed their intentions with the Rudy trade
    They showed there intentions before that by giving him a max contract a year early only way he gets traded is if he has a epic meltdown. Imo that line up if you guys get Monroe is pure nasty that team would be great to watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They showed there intentions before that by giving him a max contract a year early only way he gets traded is if he has a epic meltdown. Imo that line up if you guys get Monroe is pure nasty that team would be great to watch.
    Yep it would put us back in the playoff pic for sure. I wouldnt mind giving up a pick or two for a player like Monroe, he would thrive next to Rondo.

I am your soldier!

Wait for 1 too many 37 FGA games from Gay and Cuz might knock him out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Wait for 1 too many 37 FGA games from Gay and Cuz might knock him out.
    then the c's swoop in and take cousins