Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Default Re: Tore the ACL AND MCL in one hit. NFL is scary...

oh damn

Same shit happened to CF86 on a damp driveway while he was shooting hoops by himself:

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    . Went to make a cut to the basket and slipped. I heard a popping noise and watched my knee/leg fold the opposite direction underneath me. This sucks. I'm out of work until further notice. The pain was so bad I blacked out multiple times until a bystander finally called 911. Said I was having seizures too.

Anyways not trying to vent just wondering if any of you guys have had these types of injuries. Any advice besides stay off of it? I can walk a little bit but me knee gives out randomly and it hurts bad when that happens.
    Pain is worse now that I've been sitting without getting up for an hour. Swelling REALLY kicking in now... can't even bend knee. At hospital swelling stayed lower and I could walk a tad bit because I never rested... had to keep getting in and out of wheelchair for tests. It's so swollen I can't even bend my knee half way. Never felt so helpless before. Even simple things like going to restroom or taking a shower are now going to be extremely painful/sucky.
    Well I didn't add an important detail because it seemed unnecessary but... It started to sprinkle a tiny bit and I didn't think it would matter if I put up a few more shots. So I cut right for a pull up jumper and basically did the splits... but the left knee buckled.

Even though Ward went low (what else are you supposed to do nowadays?), I still feel that Gronk should have braced for the hit. It wasn't a bang-bang play where Brady left Gronk high and dry. I think this was a case of Gronk either not seeing the defender or the defender got there faster than Gronk anticipated. As a Pats fan, it sucks to see Gronk go, but can't blame the defender on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    That's a great based-on-nothing argument you have there. Please continue to enlighten me with useless hater opinions.
    This hit almost killed him...

C-mon now.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09

C-mon now.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

C-mon now.

Nice elaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Hes been fined for hitting high twice so he hits low now. NFL wants it that way it seems.

I wish just once some player would get to what it really is. The NFL doesnt care about head injuries they care about being able to say they did all they could to prevent them in future lawsuits like the one they just lost. And a gang of players saying the rules are too strict makes a case that players not only had enough protection...but too much according to them.

The no headshots rule is just a preemptive strike against the players future lawsuits.
    Exactly. The NFL wants to create a illusion that they care about these guys safety when in reality they are doing it for the NFL's image. They are just covering their asses. They couldn't care less. Its all about the brand and future lawsuits as you said.

he doesn't have to go that low .. he's basically aiming at his legs .. these rules need some serious adjustments .. seeing this shit happen really sucks ..

this guy had just gotten back from a lingering arm fracture(had to have surgery on it 4 times) .. then he underwent back surgery .. now he's out again .. and he was really starting to get back in the rhythm of the game and playing well

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Lebron not only could play in the NFL, he'd probably be a star in the NFL. His high school football career was insane. I know for a fact at least one school offered him a full scholarship (and to sweeten the pot was gonna give one to his cousin too) his freshman year. His coach who coached several players who went on to the NFL consistently called him the best H.S. football player he's ever seen or coached in his life.

Banned

Why are the hell are people using gifs of Lebron flopping as evidence he couldnt handle the NFL? His flopping is to gain a advantage which can help him win, not because hes weak. Lebron could probably dominate the NFL.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Lebron not only could play in the NFL, he'd probably be a star in the NFL. His high school football career was insane. I know for a fact at least one school offered him a full scholarship (and to sweeten the pot was gonna give one to his cousin too) his freshman year. His coach who coached several players who went on to the NFL consistently called him the best H.S. football player he's ever seen or coached in his life.
    Did you not see the .gifs?

He won't handle contact well at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    Why are the hell are people using gifs of Lebron flopping as evidence he couldnt handle the NFL? His flopping is to gain a advantage which can help him win, not because hes weak. Lebron could probably dominate the NFL.
    We all know that Lebron doesn't flop. He just can't handle contact very well and people like you say he would dominate?

Your love for Lebron has no means.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    people calling this a dirty hit are dumbasses. If he hits him high, he gets fined or worse. So, of course, he aims for the legs. Its that simple. Nothing dirty about it.

This.

Gronkowski is listed at 6'6", 265 lb. TJ Ward listed at 5'10", 200 lb.

Can't hit high. Crybabies think hitting low is dirty. How else is a guy the size of Ward supposed to take down Gronkowski in the open field? Grab around his torso?

Why not just automatically award a TD to anybody over 230 lb once they get into the secondary? It would save time and you could see lots more offensive players run wild while defenders have no chance to make a play.

Honest to Christ, I don't know if people (a) have never played a down of football or (b) just reflexively puke out whatever crap that ESPN is selling without a second of thought.

Banned

One thing I noticed is that he dropped the ball.