Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Will Kevin Durant go down as the 2nd greatest perimeter scorer ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Shit.. George Gervin can be overshadowed THAT quickly?
    Is he even recognized as a top scorer of all-time any more?
    I think Durant has what it takes to do it, but . . .
    Come on bruh.

People don't remember that dude.

Matter of fact I think this the first time I've seen somebody mention The Iceman on ISH

Default Re: Will Kevin Durant go down as the 2nd greatest perimeter scorer ever?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Come on bruh.

People don't remember that dude.

Matter of fact I think this the first time I've seen somebody mention The Iceman on ISH
    ISH doesn't care about anyone from the 70s not named Jabbar. It's kind of weird. 60s and 80s greats get repped, but rarely do you hear anything about 70s players. There is an occasional shout out to Dr J or question about how great M. Malone actually was. But that's about it. It'ls almsot like it's the 50s. Iceman gets as much love as Arizin on here.
    Last edited by Marchesk; 12-09-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Great perimeter scorers.

Baylor
    Robertson
    West
    Maravich
    Eving
    Gervin
    English
    King
    Wilkins
    Jordan
    Bryant
    McGrady
    Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Shit.. George Gervin can be overshadowed THAT quickly?
    Is he even recognized as a top scorer of all-time any more?
    I think Durant has what it takes to do it, but . . .
    There's not THAT much Gervin did in his career scoring wise that Durant hasn't already matched or will surpass.

He was a great scorer, but Durant probably has overshadowed him.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Great perimeter scorers.

Baylor
    Robertson
    West
    Maravich
    Gervin
    English
    King
    Wilkins
    Jordan
    Bryant
    McGrady
    Durant
    Iverson and Wade need mentions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Iverson and Wade need mentions too.
    Forgot Iverson, I'll leave Wade out.

If you add Wade, you'l have to add the likes of Arenas, Adrian Dantley, Drexler, Mullin, ect. Basically anyone who avg over 27 ppg.

Jordan. Then West&Kobe. Then maybe he can end up in top 5.

His career high in a playoff series is 32.5 ppg yet. You can not be 2nd greatest perimeter scorer ever with these kinda averages. He should prove himself in the playoffs with much higher volume.

Banned

If you add Wade, you'l have to add the likes of Arenas, Adrian Dantley, Drexler, Mullin, ect. Basically anyone who avg over 27 ppg.
    What? Wade's career scoring average and efficiency is as good as anyone.

Wade and Dantley both have scoring titles, though. Plus, Wade has had some good/great playoff scoring series too. He's definitely in a tier of great perimeter scorers, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneNBAFan
    Dude has it ALL. No weaknesses what so ever as a scorer.

I've never seen anything like him. The best way I can describe him is a longer/taller/more efficient version of Tracy McGrady.

I think he has another solid 8-9 years at this level as a scorer (28ppg on great efficiency) and probably 5+ more scoring titles minimum.

I think he'll go down (baring injury) as the 2nd greatest perimeter scorer of all time behind Michael Jordan.

Also, I feel like he's on the verge of a 1993-1995 Hakeem Olajuwon type run. Hakeem flew under the radar for much of his career and then went on a dominant 3 year run where he finished with an MVP, 2 incredibly dominant playoff runs and 2FMVP's. I think Durant, after being overshadowed by Lebon for so long will break through and have a run like this.
    He's already the front runner for MVP so far this season.

After this I think people will look at this guy and his body of work and realize he's a top 15 player all time (or on his way to it).

Ok end semi-rant.
    I had no idea LeBron was going to go play baseball after this season.....
    But in all seriousness Durant is an incredible scorer. Will he go down as a better scorer than MJ? Probably not? But it's possible. Kobe on the other hand... I see Durant passing him as a better( more efficient ) scorer. Guy is a treat to watch.

He's already one of the best scorers in NBA history. Name 10 scorers better than KD. Jordan, KAJ, Wilt....

I ain't hollin' at sht.

I don't fck with lil' btch @ss stan boys.
    Or you can holla at me in Florida and I'll be sure to put dat fire to yo ass playboy. Don't get da ISH username twisted homie.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Dude has it ALL. No weaknesses what so ever as a scorer.

I've never seen anything like him. The best way I can describe him is a longer/taller/more efficient version of Tracy McGrady.

I think he has another solid 8-9 years at this level as a scorer (28ppg on great efficiency) and probably 5+ more scoring titles minimum.

I think he'll go down (baring injury) as the 2nd greatest perimeter scorer of all time behind Michael Jordan.

Also, I feel like he's on the verge of a 1993-1995 Hakeem Olajuwon type run. Hakeem flew under the radar for much of his career and then went on a dominant 3 year run where he finished with an MVP, 2 incredibly dominant playoff runs and 2FMVP's. I think Durant, after being overshadowed by Lebon for so long will break through and have a run like this. He's already the front runner for MVP so far this season.

After this I think people will look at this guy and his body of work and realize he's a top 15 player all time (or on his way to it).

Ok end semi-rant.
    You definitely weren't around for his career. Ever hear of Phi Slama Jama? He was runner up for rookie of the year and was part of the famed Twin Towers with him and Sampson. He went to the finals his second year in the league and his totally dismantled the Lakers in the WCF.

Great perimeter scorers.

Baylor
    Robertson
    West
    Maravich
    Eving
    Gervin
    English
    King
    Wilkins
    Jordan
    Bryant
    McGrady
    Durant
    That's a great list and I think u got the most unstoppable scorers. U later mentioned u left off AI and I agree with his inclusion. I think might seriously consider Larry Legend for that list too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    That's a great list and I think u got the most unstoppable scorers. U later mentioned u left off AI and I agree with his inclusion. I think might seriously consider Larry Legend for that list too.
    Agreed, if you make a list like that you have to include Bird, he was one of the greatest scorers of all time, and if it wasn't for his back...... who knows how much more he would have done