Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lebron will likely be the starting Center in the allstar game.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White

This is the problem, players that work hard at their game miss out and crap like Blake Griffin make it just because of the media hype and exposure.
    I wasn't serious but echoing the casual viewers opinion of the all star game.

What are you even saying? Blake doesn't put in work? That he doesn't deserve to be in the all-star game? You can be flashy and popular while still maintaining a level of competency.

Banned

Lebron stans will not want their hero to do that. If we saw what Kobe did to him in an all star game, wait till you see what Howard does to him, and I dislike Howard too.

Another embarrassing game for Lebron. I guarantee it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I wasn't serious but echoing the casual viewers opinion of the all star game.

What are you even saying? Blake doesn't put in work? That he doesn't deserve to be in the all-star game? You can be flashy and popular while still maintaining a level of competency.
    No im not saying that, i believe Blake does put in the work, he just hasn't shown any improvement to his game on court and tbh i think at best he should on the bench. But I believe Hibbert has earnt his spot, melo should be on the bench with Bron and george starting.

I usually hit open layups

Serious question, how the hell is Melo an All Star? The Knicks are 5-14 and the guy is shooting 43% from the field. Talk about undeserving.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom84
    Serious question, how the hell is Melo an All Star? The Knicks are 5-14 and the guy is shooting 43% from the field. Talk about undeserving.
    because he a "big" name

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Pretty insulting. Lebron has no chance of making it this year, East has too many good forwards. Besides the obvious ones (Bosh, George, Melo, etc.) there is Millsap, Sullinger, Deng, Nene, etc. Lebron is ok, but like Deandre Jordan, he only scores on dunks, but unlike Deandre, he sucks at defense this year(major coasting, being scored on at will by guys like Mbah Moute in Wolves game). He will only get in like Lin, voted in by idiot fans who don't watch games

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Pretty insulting. Lebron has no chance of making it this year, East has too many good forwards. Besides the obvious ones (Bosh, George, Melo, etc.) there is Millsap, Sullinger, Deng, Nene, etc. Lebron is ok, but like Deandre Jordan, he only scores on dunks, but unlike Deandre, he sucks at defense this year(major coasting, being scored on at will by guys like Mbah Moute in Wolves game). He will only get in like Lin, voted in by idiot fans who don't watch games

lol ok

I usually hit open layups

At no point in time was Lin an all star, so how exactly was Lin voted in as an All Star? I think you must have mistaken the rising star game (where TNT crew pick Lin) as an all star game.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

What is with the notion that LeBron "only scores on dunks"? 61% of his shots this year have been jumpers and he has a 59% efg on those shots.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

ISH: Where dunks with no defense (Griffin, Lebron, Jeremy Evans) makes you a *good* player

Real life: Where playing team basketball with a commitment to defense wins you real non lockout rings in a conference where 50 win teams are the 8 seed (Kobe, Dirk, Duncan)

Banned

Interesting.

You need to make a thread about this or I will.

Banned

ISH: Where dunks with no defense (Griffin, Lebron, Jeremy Evans) makes you a *good* player

Real life: Where playing team basketball with a commitment to defense wins you real non lockout rings in a conference where 50 win teams are the 8 seed (Kobe, Dirk, Duncan)
    When was he ever considered a good player?

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    OP has a point. since they choose 3 "bigs" instead of actual positions, the 5 starters are going to be the players with the most votes. no doubt george, melo, and lebron will get more votes that hibbert or noah. itll be weird if that does happen, but it definitely can.
    This new system is stupid.
    All that is going to happen is someone will start, and after a few minutes or even right away, the coach will have to make a substitution. And everyone will understand this, because they won't want to get killed.

Banned

So if there was no new system, Lebron would never be an allstar this year?