Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Not hating, need honest answers.

The Lakers have surprised everyone this season, going near 50% on the season before Kobe's return. Now since Kobe is back, they've gone 0-2 and lost at home against the Suns and Raptors (shit teams).

What gives? Is it just a matter of having troubles adjusting to fit Kobe back in? Terrible shooting nights? I haven't watched the games so I don't know. Fill me in. Has their bench still been playing great and has their offense/structures changed much since Kobe's return?

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

Default Re: Not hating, need honest answers.

2 words. Pau Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashDwyaneWade3
    2 words. Pau Gasol.
    Hasn't Pau been playing all year while they've been doing well? I noticed he also had 19 points tonight.. I don't get it?

Watching the game tonight the answer is defense and it starts with Pau Gasol.

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Hasn't Pau been playing all year while they've been doing well? I noticed he also had 19 points tonight.. I don't get it?
    He hasn't played much in the 4th.

Banned

Defense.

Scrubs are having career nights on us.

Not Kobe's fault.

Team is adjusting to a rather big piece added to the team. Kobe will change the offensive sets and everything Lakers have been doing up til now, well alot of it anyways.

A few more games and the Lakers will be back on track, whether that will be good enough who knows.

Saw a basketball once

I'm gonna say NICK YOUNG threw the game away. Last 4 min. of the game, guy misses a FT, fouls the team TWICE when they were in the penalty, and went 0/2 FG

They're readjusting and DAntoni is mixing and matching playing with the lineup trying to find equations that work while trying to fit Kobe back into the lineup.

Unfortunately they had no training camp with Kobe so it's all hit or miss right now.

Their defense is a big problem.

Very good NBA starter

You can blame Kobe for the first game. He was terrible.

Tonight? Lakers offense was amazing (113.4 ORTG). The problem was the terrible defense. I really don't see how you can blame him for tonight. Besides, people need to stop acting like they were some great team. They were 10-9 and most of their wins were against terrible teams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XxNemesis29xX
    I'm gonna say NICK YOUNG threw the game away. Last 4 min. of the game, guy misses a FT, fouls the team TWICE when they were in the penalty, and went 0/2 FG
    He actually missed 2 straight free throws. Missed a open 3. A couple of boneheaded plays. Then he goes 1 for 2 on free throws.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Our defense sucks ass. D'Antoni changing the lineup every fvcking game don't help either.

OK, so sounds like a mixture of defense and re-integrating Kobe. Why has the defense been so bad the last couple of nights though? Lack of practice with Kobe in so rotations are off?

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    The Lakers have surprised everyone this season, going near 50% on the season before Kobe's return. Now since Kobe is back, they've gone 0-2 and lost at home against the Suns and Raptors (shit teams).

What gives? Is it just a matter of having troubles adjusting to fit Kobe back in? Terrible shooting nights? I haven't watched the games so I don't know. Fill me in. Has their bench still been playing great and has their offense/structures changed much since Kobe's return?
    The paint is wide open... Gasol come lubed up to get bu!t raped every single game

I rule the local playground

Kobe destroys the current Lakers. That's all.
    I'm a Kobe fan obviously and I"ll be the one to tell you his haters are usually irrational and that he was always much better than most think and that he is underrated all time.

But currently, he kills this group. Pau is awful and he sucks but at least doesn't kill the team.
    The thing is, it was a an tempo team with great chemistry before Kobe came back. All pieces fit and stuff such as youth, energy, shooting, ball movement etc were all strengths. You add an old slow ISO player like Kobe and it all goes to shit. Suddenly the whole team needs to adjust to him. And MDA who was dojng a terrific job is not the best coach for an ISO player.

The team changed it's dynamics and identity with Kobe. All for the worse. Honestly, it would've been better without him but it is what it is.