Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Not hating, need honest answers.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Op actin like we were 16-3 before Kobe's return...We were 10-9, we lost and won some games in a row.

These last 2 games Lakers were killed inside. Have you even watched?
    If you had read the OP, you'd see the answer

Their transition defense is terribad.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Their transition defense is terribad.
    Defense? What's that?

I would like to throw this out there:

Laker fans have a narrow view of reality; they can't possibly blame Kobe because they are too far up his a*s, which is a natural perspective when a person is biased.

Is this a fair statement?

I can't believe a franchise like the Los Angeles Lakers would hired a coach like Dantoni. He is quite possibly the most gimmicky coach of all-time. No team he's coached has ever played the kind of defense needed to win. The guy is a loser and I honestly don't know how he has a job. I really don't understand why he is taken seriously either. My worst nightmare is that this guy would end up coaching in Portland.

they were a mediocre team even without Kobe. but now with Kobe, they are fkng terrible. at least without Kobe, they were still beating bad teams. now they can't even beat bad teams.

Pau Gasol was already sucking before - even when they were beating bad teams. so how come they were beating bad teams even when he was sucking? nothing's changed now. he's still sucking. or does he suck even more? i think the combination of Pau sucking plus Kobe's horrible defense tipped them over the edge, from mediocre to fkn terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    they were a mediocre team even without Kobe. but now with Kobe, they are fkng terrible. at least without Kobe, they were still beating bad teams. now they can't even beat bad teams.

Pau Gasol was already sucking before - even when they were beating bad teams. so how come they were beating bad teams even when he was sucking? nothing's changed now. he's still sucking. or does he suck even more? i think the combination of Pau sucking plus Kobe's horrible defense tipped them over the edge, from mediocre to fkn terrible.
    That's a lot of sucking

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I can't believe a franchise like the Los Angeles Lakers would hired a coach like Dantoni. He is quite possibly the most gimmicky coach of all-time. No team he's coached has ever played the kind of defense needed to win. The guy is a loser and I honestly don't know how he has a job. I really don't understand why he is taken seriously either. My worst nightmare is that this guy would end up coaching in Portland.
    Agreed. Dude had a team tailor made for his game plan in Phoenix and still couldn't win a chip. No idea how he still has a job.

they really should have won against toronto, but the thing is the lakers won't make the playoffs with or w/o kobe this year. the west is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Really don't want Kobe to go out hobbled from injuries.. dude deserves better. He was unreal last year..

To be honest, I expect players returning from injury to be in brilliant shape physically, or else they shouldn't be returning at all. They have the best medical treatment and sports scientists in the world. Don't come back unless you're 100% physically ready, especially if it's not a rush to get back for playoffs.

I understand structures and such being off with the return of a player though.. especially your star.

He wasn't sitting around training at 100% capacity the last several months dude.

He's an older guard coming back from an Achilles injury. That alone requires a different approach to a return no matter what his physical condition is in.

He's just literally now taking a crash course in wtf his body can even do at this point.