Thread: FSA are done

Banned

Default FSA are done

Top Western-backed rebel commander run out of Syria by Islamists This fake revolution was bound to fail cant believe Obama almost attacked Syria.
    Last edited by zoom17; 12-12-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Default Re: FSA are done

Just shows Obama, McCain, and Kerry are fu[COLOR="Black"]cki[/COLOR]ng idiots who don't know their ass from their elbow in the ME. Do we really need another 9/11 for these idiot politicians to realize what they're doing?

"We know who are the good guys and who are the bad guys."

And in the meantime, the SAA is cleaning house. This'll be over soon.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    Top Western-backed rebel commander run out of Syria by Islamists This fake revolution was bound to fail cant believe Obama almost attacked Syria.

Link?

thnx

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    Top Western-backed rebel commander run out of Syria by Islamists
    I don't think that dude was run out of Syria as he was in Turkey at the time.
    In the murky events of last Friday, American and opposition officials said, the Islamic Front also seized the northern Syrian headquarters of Gen. Salim Idris, the leader of the military wing of the moderate Syrian opposition, formally known as the Supreme Military Council. According to American officials, General Idris was in Turkey, where he has a house, when the headquarters was taken over and then left for Qatar, which has provided money and weapons to the resistance. He is now said to be back in Turkey.
    I tend to agree with this, because I have only ever seen the guy in business suits and he seems to me that he is not a boots on the ground commander, but more of media, pr, strategy, fundraising kind of commander. I don't he was guarding the warehouses himself.

But the FSA isn't looking too strong. See this article from last week.

I read or heard an interview with him this morning and he says he has been travelling and trying to rebuild his coalition in advance of the peace talks in Janaury.

Al-Qaeda backed Islamists did attack some warehouses controlled by the FSA and took control of them, but the other islamists who aren't Al Qaeda were asked by the FSA to take control back. According to the FSA.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9BB0NC20131212
    Syria's Western-backed opposition said on Thursday its military arm had invited Islamist fighters to secure its weapons depots on the Turkish frontier after an attack by al Qaeda militants.

The United States and Britain suspended non-lethal aid to northern Syria after reports that Islamic Front forces had taken buildings belonging to the coalition's Syrian Military Council (SMC) in Bab al-Hawa on the border with Turkey.

But the opposition Syrian National Coalition said the SMC had in fact asked the Islamic Front, a union of six major rebel groups, to defend the premises against fighters from the al Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

"The SMC warehouses were overrun by ISIL ... As a result of that, (SMC leader) General Salim Idris sent a request to the Islamic Front to protect these warehouses," coalition spokesman Khaled Saleh said in Istanbul.

"The Islamic Front came in and managed to push ISIL back and they are waiting for General Idris's group to come and take control of their warehouses," he said.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 12-12-2013 at 07:47 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

the truth is at this point it is probably best to just hope that assad will be merciful to the sunnis

It's worse than I thought for the FSA.

https://twitter.com/Gen_Idriss

This seems to be a very well-inforrmed run down of what happened and the various sides of the story
    http://carnegie-mec.org/syriaincrisis/?fa=53896