Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Pelicans have mismanged everything

So many opportunities have been lost.

2012 Draft. Anthony Davis was the right choice. However, why couldn't they trade Eric Gordon's restricted free agency rights along with the 10th pick in order to move up and select Drummond to pair with Davis.

2013 Draft. Huge debacle. Jrue Holiday is a dime a dozen PG. Trading Noel and a 2014 1st rounder is absurd. They should have just drafted MCW.

Signing Reke- Why?

Pelicans should have tanked hard this year for Wiggins/Parker and build a dynasty.

MCW-Wiggins/Parker-Deng(free agent)-Davis-Drummond. with Anderson off the bench.

Banned

Default Re: Pelicans have mismanged everything

they've made mistakes and could have made far better moves than they have but your post is stupid, Drummond at the time was a big question mark and was viewed as a player who could be a huge bust or a huge steal but could go either way, MCW also didn't look too hot coming out of college. Revisionist history here.

Banned

Basically, you wan the pelicans to start 5 centers.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Basically, you wan the pelicans to start 5 centers.
    Drummond is the only center in that lineup.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    they've made mistakes and could have made far better moves than they have but your post is stupid, Drummond at the time was a big question mark and was viewed as a player who could be a huge bust or a huge steal but could go either way, MCW also didn't look too hot coming out of college. Revisionist history here.
    No. I was high on Drummond and MCW before both drafts.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    So many opportunities have been lost.

2012 Draft. Anthony Davis was the right choice. However, why couldn't they trade Eric Gordon's restricted free agency rights along with the 10th pick in order to move up and select Drummond to pair with Davis.

2013 Draft. Huge debacle. Jrue Holiday is a dime a dozen PG. Trading Noel and a 2014 1st rounder is absurd. They should have just drafted MCW.

Signing Reke- Why?

Pelicans should have tanked hard this year for Wiggins/Parker and build a dynasty.

MCW-Wiggins/Parker-Deng(free agent)-Davis-Drummond. with Anderson off the bench.
    I agree with everything except the MCW signing. Everyone had the Pels picking Trey Burke which I guess would have helped them tank for Wiggins.

I personally thought they drafted right and picked right in Nerlens, they should have kept him and tanked another year and hopefully got Parker or Wiggins.

Let's just say they picked up Parker...

Nerlens
    Davis
    Parker
    Gordon

I would go after Jeremy Lin during the offseason for Ryan Anderson. Lin is a solid PG on an overpriced contract, but mostly everyone on the Pels would be on a rookie contract.

Ryan Anderson would fit in with what the Rockets are trying to do and they already have Beverley (and Harden who is able to create). The Rockets would also have a bunch of pieces they could trade off for a better PG like Asik and TJ.

Nerlens
    Davis
    Parker
    Gordon
    Lin

Anyone else getting annoyed when hearing about 'so and so team tanking for Wiggins..'

I'm getting tired of this. Its like the entire eastern conference (except for Miami and Indiana) are tanking for Wiggins or Parker and a few more in the West are too.

These statements are ridiculous. How do you tank when everyone else is?

Trade Holiday and Gordon for two 1st round picks, sit Davis as much as you can with injuries. They'd lose 8/10 the rest of the season.

Whatever they come up with they need to get Asik or draft Joel Embiid.

Banned

No. I was high on Drummond and MCW before both drafts.
    I don't care if you say you were high one someone, your making a thread acting as if their silly for not taking two risks on two players that the sports media and scouts and people who had actual access to interview and test these players all agreed where risky prospects. That's being a revisionist, we can go through every years draft after the fact and find teams that could have done much better in hindsight but were correct at the time, the only time it's legitimate is if a team takes a stretch that goes against logic (like Bennett if he doesn't shape up)

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Anyone else getting annoyed when hearing about 'so and so team tanking for Wiggins..'

I'm getting tired of this. Its like the entire eastern conference (except for Miami and Indiana) are tanking for Wiggins or Parker and a few more in the West are too.

By losing more.

This would be easy with a lineup of:

Nerlens (injured)
    Davis (got injured)
    Anderson (injured at the beg of season)
    Gordon
    ????? at PG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamil

It's a silly system and it annoys me but really it's the way the NBA works now, if a team can't lure top tier stars in free agency and wants to be an actual competitor they have to tank to have a chance of winning. They need a detriment to tanking but I'm not sure what they do without major re structuring

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    It's a silly system and it annoys me but really it's the way the NBA works now, if a team can't lure top tier stars in free agency and wants to be an actual competitor they have to tank to have a chance of winning. They need a detriment to tanking but I'm not sure what they do without major re structuring
    Yeah but with all the shit teams in the East, tanking doesnt guarantee you anything.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Trade Holiday and Gordon for two 1st round picks, sit Davis as much as you can with injuries. They'd lose 8/10 the rest of the season.

Whatever they come up with they need to get Asik or draft Joel Embiid.
    The Pels are ****ed right now.

I doubt anyone wants EJ for the contract he's signed on for, same w/ Tyreke.

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Why did they trade Noel ?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Everyone loves playing revisionist history with Drummond. Go back and read the threads from ISH leading up to the draft. Only a few of us were high on Drummond and trading the 10th pick and Gordon for the right to move up a spot and take him would have been universally panned.

It's easy to be a GM with hindsight as a guide... Tougher when you don't know what the future holds.

I really did hate that Noel trade, though. The idea of pairing him with Davis would have been amazing for the NBA and its fans. A modern day Sampson/Dream pairing. They did blow that one, imo. Sixers made out like bandits.